Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Mamma Mia! Pizza Beer | Pizza Beer Company

Pizza Beer Company
Illinois, United States
mammamiapizzabeer.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

From the website: Pizza Beer is a debris free product. The Margarita pizza is put into the mash & steeped like a tea bag. A whole wheat crust made with water, flour & yeast is topped with tomato, oregano, basil & garlic. The essence of the pizza spices is washed off with hot water and filtered into a brewpot, where it is boiled for a long, long time. During the process, we add hops & spices in a cheesecloth type bag & filter the cooled liquid into a fermentation vessel. (big glass 6 gallon water jug). After a week or two, the beer is good to go. Keg it or bottle it.

Added by orbitalr0x on 02-22-2008

1.06/5  rDev -60.9%

Stupidity in a bottle. Why does something like this exist? I read one of the reviews that said it smells like vomited beer and pizza. That about nails it. The taste is beyond words. What did I expect? It's beer with freaking basil, oregano and garlic in it. Garlic is not going to taste good in beer. That should be just about the most self-evident thing in the world. If you want an out of the ordinary conversation piece to put on a shelf, fine. But for the love of God don't open it.

1.39/5  rDev -48.7%

"From the website: Pizza Beer is a debris free product. The Margarita pizza is put into the mash & steeped like a tea bag. A whole wheat crust made with water, flour & yeast is topped with tomato, oregano, basil & garlic"

In bottle of my glass there was little pieces of shit, probably the spices...

Got this as from a guy at work. Thanks a bunch...Thankfully I didn't have the whole bottle to my self. Had about a 8oz pour and could only stomach 5 of it...

Pours a piss yellow hardly any head...I had this with pizza but the wrong kind, a crappy frozen pepperoni pizza I'm guessing should be with a big greasy garlicky Italian kind...Smelled like a hint of nasty garlic and pukey oregano./ Doesn't taste as bad as the smell but after you breathe again yikeS nasty!!!

So my motto is, if you don't like it...chug it...but not possible with with this garbage. DP! DRAIN POUR!!!!

3.99/5  rDev +47.2%

GLASS: Sam Adams Perfect Pint Glass
TEMP: Cellared @ approx 50 degrees

I've been thinking about doing an ISO for this one for awhile now. It just intrigues me...not sure why. A recent trader happened to throw this bottle in as an extra! It wasn't even on my wants at the time. Well, here we go, I guess.

Okay, it pours a golden, yellow/orange color. (It tried to foam out of the bottle, upon opening, but I only lost about a mouthful.) The one-finger head of loose foam is white with a light orange tint to it. It recedes rather quickly. The lacing is okay, but it's very slick, so it doesn't stay around long.

I'm kind of stunned, now. This actually smells like pizza! You can pick out the notes of tomato, garlic and oregano fairly easily. The basil is not hard to find, either. You can smell the bread-like quality of pizza crust.
While the smell here is odd to associate with beer, it surely smells like they got what they were shooting for, so I have to score this category fairly high.

The spices are still easily spotted here. Oregano and garlic are now in the forefront, with tomato and basil pulling back a little bit. The crusty yeastiness is still here, as well.
Once again, scoring is based on my thought that they acheived what they were going for. It does taste like a pizza, inside of a beer.

Light-to-medium body on this one. It has a medium-to-high level of carbonation, which hurts it a little bit, IMO. You get a taste, on the back-end, that is similar to Alka Seltzer. I credit this to the carbonation combined with the spices.
The feel could be better.

To me, this is a novelty beer. I'm sure that there are people out there who like it, but I'm fine with just having this one. Okay, I guess that I'd probably like to have another one someday, but I can't see myself, or most other people, drinking these all night long.
Very interesting concept, but not really for me, I think.

EDIT: Over a week later and I find myself wishing that I had another one of these. Maybe it is for me, after all. Hope to get the chance to grab a few of these in a couple of months, when I vacation up north.

3.12/5  rDev +15.1%

I have not so secretly been wanting to try this beer for a really long time. It is not normal and I think a good descriptor of this beer is that its interesting but not good. Its always hard to write these reviews, on one hand, I am conflicted. Did they make a beer that is flavored like a pizza? Yes, yes they did. Did they present it in a format that successfully launches a beer that is drinkable and pleasant? No, no they did not. I will thoroughly describe the beer and rate it based on my personal enjoyment.

Beer poured from the bottle into a pint glass (they say use a wine glass but give me a break). Beer is dark yellow / reddish in color and this one is hazy. A thin white head forms and there is a lot of carbonation that props it up. The carbonation is of large bubbles but there is not lacing on the glass.

The aroma is a homerun as far as a pizza beer is concerned. Every time I take a sniff, it smells more like pizza. At first its the basils, then the oregano, the oregano dominates for the while but then I pick up on some tomoato sweetness. Pizza smelling beer? Success, congratulations.

The first taste is the worst. I was scared to take it, the oregano and the basil are there the most. I was expecting some sulfur from the garlic but it just wasn't there. The beer was a little sweet from the tomatoes, they are well represented in a muted way. I've had other beers that use basil, a Bison beer and Black Thai, but this is just odd. It really tastes like pizza sause. Its kind of incredible.

There is an unfortunate pizza aftertaste that really subtracts from the experience. Beer has medium to low body and lots of carbonation in the mouth, giving it the illusion of more body than it really has.

I didn't love it, I won't have it again, I don't regret it, I respect it. It tasted like pizza. Nicely done. Time to cross it off my list.

3.85/5  rDev +42.1%

16oz bottle picked up on clearance for 40 cents. drank out of my duvel tulip glass.

A- i didnt know what to expect, but this one pours out looking like a normal beer. clear golden colored body with a very small, quickly vanishing, white head. little to no lacing left behind.

S- it does manage to smell like a pizza. very odd. tomato sauce, herbs/spices, and garlic. unlike anything ive encountered before.

T- it also manages to taste a lot like pizza. garlic, basil, oregano, tomato....all present.

M- light bodied and highly carbonated.

D- definitely a one and done novelty beer. something thats nice to be able to say ive tried, but probably wont ever spend money on again. strangest beer ive ever had. i found this one a hard beer to score. its not something i was thrilled about, but the brewer started out with a plan for this one, and it was pulled off better than i would have expected.

3.43/5  rDev +26.6%

Poured into an oversized wine glass. Had this at a bar for $4.

2.0 A: Murky orangish color. Not really any head going on and thus no lacing.

4.0 S: It does actually smell a lot like pizza. I thought I would be horrified by this, but it smells alright and it works well for what they were going for. The strongest aroma is by far tomato, with oregano herbalness second.

3.5 T: Pizza taste is there as well, though it doesn't taste like real pizza. Rather, it tastes like artificial pizza flavoring that would be found in combos snacks. Still it isn't sickening like I predicted. I'm not saying it's good however. The best way to describe this is that it's a pretty bad beer, but it is a decent beverage and I am thus grading it as that.

3.5 M: Medium body. Good carbonation and surprisingly smooth.

3.0 D: The 16 oz. bottle really is the upper limit of what I would want in a sitting. Still, I wouldn't mind one of these every six months or so and I would probably pick this over a PBR anytime. The creativity and innovation is there and for that I respect this beer more than it probably deserves.

1.12/5  rDev -58.7%

Bottle generously shared by nickd717. Thanks Nick, I've been wanting to try this beer for a long time.

Clear and golden in the glass, the color of a lightly browned pizza crust. The head crackles away quickly, like pouring soda into a glass. Looks surprisingly like a normal beer, until...

The aroma is a stomach-churning combination of garlic, oregano, basil, marinara sauce and putrefaction. When ice-cold it smells like a pizza that's been sitting out on the kitchen counter for a few days, but warmer temperatures and vigorous swirling reveal the vomit-inducing stench of decay and pale malt. This might be the worst thing I've ever smelled in my life, and I would give this a negative 5 in aroma if I could. Given that I can only give it a 1, I'm going to have to dock other scores.

The taste, while still utterly horrific, isn't quite on the same nausea-inducing level as the aroma. It tastes largely like pizza crust and herbs that have been soaking in a stale, sun-kissed bottle of Miller High Life. The body is watery and thin and there's a surprising buttery diacetyl presence that, when combined with the strong garlic flavor, makes me think of garlic bitter. As delicious as that sounds, it has no place in beer.

In summary, this is surely one of the worst beverages I've ever tasted. In that sense, it totally lived up to my expectations, possibly even surpassed them. I feel bad for anyone that actually spent money on this beer, though.

3.42/5  rDev +26.2%

My family owns a local pizza shop, so when I spied this bottle, I had to pick one up and give it a whirl...despite the fact that it did not appeal to me at all...

Golden color with very little head.

You can really smell the oregano and other Italian spices. Never thought "basil" would be part of a beer description...

The mouth feel is light as expected. The flavors are exactly as advertised...pizza and beer together. Took some getting used to...started to appreciate it about halfway through the glass.

A very unique beer and worth trying. The kind of bottle you keep in your fridge and offer to adventurous friends!

2.6/5  rDev -4.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Ive heard about this beer, brewed with pizza spices. A friend made me try it, my will was weak, I drank it.

Pours a hazy straw yellow from a 12 oz bottle. No lacing or head retention. Though it was hazy, there was no discouraging sediment which was a plus.

Aroma is simple. Beer. No hints of what lie beneath.

Flavor was kind of funny really. Light malt character, biscuity (doughy - if you will) and some oregano lending an herbal touch. Ground black pepper. Garlicy and slightly cheesey though no cheese was used to my knowledge. Bitter astringency causing one to reminisce about tomatos. Like a light oregano ale. Thats the most apt description since minus the oregeno, everything else was quite tame.

Mouthfeel is light to medium bodied with the oregano spice lingering and coating the palate.

Drinkability rates about average. Ate it with pizza rolls and those added a dimension that made the beer more drinkable. Not terrible, as I said to my friends, but one is more than enough.

3.37/5  rDev +24.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottle thanks to byaeger. Thanks, Brian! Wanted to try this for awhile and expected it to be terrible, but it really wasn't.

The slogan on the bottle is hilarious: "Beer so good it deserves... A WINE GLASS!" Classic.

A - Pours a clear golden small, slightly fizzy white head.

S - Aroma is pizza sauce, oregano, garlic, and pale malt. Very interesting.

T - Flavor is a lot like a Boboli pizza that you buy at the supermarket. Tomato sauce, oregano, basil, and garlic all there, as well as pizza crust. Really not bad at all.

M - Palate is light and watery, a bit thin.

D - Above-average actually. This is not a great beer for sure, but it accomplishes what it's trying to do: taste like a pizza. Would go decently well with a pizza I think.

1.26/5  rDev -53.5%

pours golden orange with plenty of spices floating around - almost no head and left no lacing

smells like pizza - the sauce spice crust cheeze - its all there - BUT after a few sips the smell makes me want to vomit

taste is much like the smell - this is liquid pizza - now as much as i love pizza .. i never want to have it beer form

mouthfeel - light well carbonated - just average

drinkability - awful - this is the beer that sceams never again

3.68/5  rDev +35.8%

Was at the Bocktown in Robinson and went specifically to try this beer. Also to find Choklat but as expected they were sold out at the moment.

appearance - heard for some reason that this beer has a bright orange color but poured a medium yellow. A finger and a half head so those who say it has none may have gotten an old bottle.

smell - Really expected more dough smell but the tomato really comes out at first whiff. Also smell some parmesan cheese which was pretty cool and different.

taste - Very average beer with tomato flavoring. If you concentrate you can actually taste the basil but every sip held on to its flavor without falling flat.

mouthfeel - As you really taste and as it warms a bit I can taste the parmesan. I was really hoping for a bread taste but I really couldn't find it.

Overall I would recommend this beer to others (Kind of did when I went to a six pack shop shortly after) but I really couldn't see myself drinking more than one. Definitely a must try for people who need a brake for the typical beer.

1.91/5  rDev -29.5%

This is one of the most bizarre beers I've had in ages. I can't even really give a very good review due to the fact that it's just ridiculous. I will try though.

A - Yellowish Orange Haze with barely any head that just goes away as soon as you blink.

S - Pizza. I can't even think of what else this has in it cause it just throws me off so much. It smells like sauce, cheese, and crust that's been cooked and sold by the slice.

T - Pizza. Everything that's going on in pizza is in this, which I bet is actually very difficult to do. Yet, it's not a good taste for a beer at all and therefore a bad idea...should never have been done.

M - really light for the amount of flavor it has. it's just a super watery finish that i don't care for by any means.

D - I would never drink this again, but I don't think I would stop someone from drinking it. It's just absolutely insanely weird and I think everyone should try this once.

2.72/5  rDev +0.4%

What a bizarre idea, yet I'm totally surprised that nobody's done it before. I bought this for the novelty of it and even though this is not a glowing review, I'm glad I did buy it.

Even though I knew I was buying a beer that claims to taste like pizza, I was still kind of blown away when I inhaled and smelled friggin' full-blown PIZZA! Of course we know from the label that it's brewed with pizza spices (oregano, basil, tomato, and garlic) but the oregano and basil really stand out. Throw in the slightly bready malt and tomato and garlic and a slightly weird burnt aftertaste and this truly tastes like they crammed a few pizzas into an enormous teabag and steeped it in the wort for a while.

It pours a murky orange with zero lacing, but when you drink it there's a lot of carbonation, actually too much in my opinion. After a few minutes the carbonation dies down a bit, but it's still pretty harsh and is the worst feature of this beer.

If nothing else, this beer truly works as a novelty. I mean, it actually tastes like pizza, it kind of creeps me out a bit. I might buy it again just to make some buddies laugh, but otherwise this stuff isn't good enough to drink more than once. Novelty factor is a 5 though.

EDIT: My comments were based on drinking it by itself without an accompanying pizza or other food, but I've been told by Tom that this beer is very much meant to be paired with food, so I'm gonna try it again in the future with some pizza and see how I feel about it then.

3.2/5  rDev +18.1%

Inflatablechair, buckeyeboy, ditimier, and I came together for a very interesting Saturday evening tasting... this is the only one that I really wanted to get down before the memory banks started to fade.... Ditmier brought this one so he and all of us could taste it... Eric.. I don't think it was a joke... and I'm glad it was the first bottle of the night..

Sprecher 16oz bottle... capped and the label looks like something you would see in a hoax movie.. "Meet the Spartans" .... I can see some gladiators sitting around eating pizza and sipping on this beer with a gratuitous shot that zooms into the label and pans off to some guy from Super Mario brothers standing atop a boiling kettle cramming pepperoni pizzas into the pot... That is what this beer tastes like... no kidding... seriously.

Only slightly hazy orange.. no real head..

The aroma is actually very much like a slice of pizza.. tomato.. oregano is pretty prevalent .. garlic just doesn't belong in beer... and really neither does some pretty fresh smelling basil.

The flavor is a "no shit" pizza palate in a liquid form... along with all the herbs, I swear there is a doughy elements ... but I could be easily imagining it.. the tomato and garlic are more in the front.. but if the oregano wasn't there, I would probably be lost ...

I honestly am thinking about adding this one to my wants and sharing it with some of my bro's buddy's... EDIT .. Not gonna say what Gino would say... I wanna be there.

Despite my above crappy review, this is an outstanding example of things that can be done with beer... Start with a Short's Bloody Beer in the morning... Dr. Dremo's Donut Stout for a sugary snack... and the Pizza Beer as a main course... Wow.. That is just nasty sounding... but I bet it's never been done in the history of human kind..

Thanks Eric.. I honestly never.... ever... seriously .. ever would have tried trading for this one... but I think it was actually pretty interesting... made better with some bites of salami.. :-) Thanks for the opportunity.

I saw this on the menu last night at the Sharp Edge Creek House and thought that it might make a nice accompaniment to the personal pizza that I was going to have as a late snack. I was not intimidated by it as I had the style a few years ago at Walter Peyton's Roundhouse.

The pour created a finger of bone-white head with good retention. Color was a medium-amber with NE-quality clarity. Nose had tomato, basil, and oregano. It was nowhere near as pungent as at the Roundhouse. Mouthfeel was medium with the tomato and garlic achieving prevalence on the palate. I know that I going to get dunned for liking this and not Chelada, but this was semi-palatable while the latter was simply awful. NOT recommended for all and certainly NOT with dessert. Calling a spade a spade - it is a novelty beer. Chefs Tom and Athena of the "Original Seefurth Family" probably had it brewed as a lark. Oakle doakle! This was a far cry from a national brand brewing up some Bob-awful crap and foisting it off on an unsuspecting audience. Chelada = Blah! This = Drinkable, but not overly so. I drank it while eating a pizza. I repeat - this is NOT a dessert beer! One with my pizza was just right. Finish was strong with tomato, basil and oregano. Sorry, garlic, but you seemed to get lost in the mix, amazingly. This or the W. P. R. H. version? WPRH. This or wine? Wiine with pizza? Ooof. This or an American IPA with pizza? I have had too many Hop Devils with pizza to make that a question. Mais oui! This was simply a lark of a beer that rates "All 3s" in my book. I was glad that I tried it, but equally glad to be finished. Call me "Mr. C." Ha!

3.62/5  rDev +33.6%

Pint bottle with code number.

A- color is a clear amber with a thin head.
S- a lagerish aroma with fainter ones of the oregano and basil
T- simialr to a lighter lager, with weaker accompanied oregano, basil and garlic flavors.
M- rather light with the carbonation.
D- not a bad beer, but not something I would drink more than a few of.

3.21/5  rDev +18.5%

I got this bottle in a trade with Nutbrown. Thanks Alan!

It pours a cloudy orange gold with a 2+ finger head of foam.

The smell has some sweet and some spice going on. I get notes of oregano and basil big time with a side order of tomatoes. Interesting.

The taste has those smells in the taste but not as overpowering as I was fearing. Nice bitter taste near the finish with more spice there as well. For a beer labelled as a Pizza Beer, I think they did a good job capturing the essence of pizza.

Good medium mouthfeel and carbonation.

Drinkability? 1 is definitely enough at one sitting but I'm somewhat surprised that I finished the bottle without a problem. Btw, head retention was very good and it had some decent lacing.

3.27/5  rDev +20.7%

Bought partly as a gimmic and partly for the curriosity factor. Since I have pizza about eight days a week, this beer will make quite the nice pairing with a traditional Brooklyn style Pepperoni and mushroom slice of pie.

The beer opens with a standard Pilsner appearance. Straw to golden in color, ample carbonation that forms an initial head but the fizzy nature of the foam dissipates rather quickly with no lacing.

The aroma may be the bigger surprise. First, the strong pilsne malts take hold with a nice part-malt / part-grain profile. But next come the spices of oregano, basil, and tomatoes. Although the spices are strong, the malt aromas provides the steadfast aromas for the beer.

The beer's flavor also takes the shape of good Pilsners with the same malt-grain combination found in the nose. The spices make waves at mid palate but may come across in a more bitter fashion that flavor. Acidic tomatoes might also provide more to the aroma and mouthfeel than flavor. Ultimately favoring pilsner taste, but with spicy decoration and flair.

The texture of the beer may favor the grain portion of the pilsner malts over the maltiness. Assisited by the acidity of the tomatoes and the bitterness of the spices, the textures could use much more creaminess and richness to compensate. Hop bitterness weaves into and out of the spices and sometimes give a complex bitterness; but sometimes causes astringency and bitey-ness.

Of course the beer is quite a gimmic, but the beer is not a bust as a quality beverage. The average beer makes for great conversation, challenges the senses, and gives you another opportunity to say, "just when you thought you've seen it all...". The beer's first sip accompanies the pizza well, but after a few bites, the beer's flavors and nuances get washed out.

1.91/5  rDev -29.5%

There is a nice honey gold coloring to it. It is cloudy, but not so cloudy you can't see through it. Almost no head formed when I poured it. What did was thin and white. It faded quickly leaving nothing on the top of the beer. There is also no lacing on the side of the glass at all.

The smell was something I had never experience in a beer before in my life. They did a decent job of capturing the smell of pizza. Unfortunately it smells like a cheap frozen pizza that someone sprinkled an Italian Seasoning blend on, but still Pizza. The Tomato, basil, oregano and Garlic really does overpower any other scent in the beer. What malts that can be detected blends with the other scents to give it kind of a doughy/crust scent. Now this may just be my imagination because of the type of beer it is and that was missing from the scent was pizza crust.

The taste is much like the scent. All you can really taste is the Tomato, Garlic and herbs that are added to it. There is also a bit of saltiness to it. Realistically this tastes like someone took a piece of the above cheap frozen pizza and let it soak in a keystone light for a while. The pizza tastes about washes out any standard ale flavors one would get. The aftertaste is a bit salty and overpower. Honestly, I couldn't imagine drinking this beer with anything other than maybe pizza.

This is a medium bodied beer. There is a light carbonation to it, but nothing biting.

Honestly, I can't believe I drank this whole beer. I've drank beers that are much worse than this, but not in a long time. I'm not sure if the people that make this novelty honestly think this is a good beer or if they make it as more for entertainment. IE, in college I had a friend that used to make the most god awful punch for parties; nobody liked it, not even him. Yet he made it for every party because inevitably it would get drank in its entirety because people would bet each other they couldn't drink it, or do the ol' switcharoo and give it to some unsuspecting individual. The fact that I drank this willingly just speaks volumes to how far I'll go to review a beer.

2.58/5  rDev -4.8%

This beer had a neat concept. Brewed with spices associated with a pizza flavor. When I tried this brew it was not 100% chilled so that may be why my scores are low. It had a lighter color and was a neat beer to taste test, but not really drinkable over a few ounces.

1.27/5  rDev -53.1%

16oz bottle, about 14oz too many. Into a wine glass

A: Amber with a white head that recedes rather quick. Decent carbonation

S: Gross. Vomited beer + pizza. The beer component is noticeable, but the combination of tomato, garlic an oregano is truly revolting, especially when combined with the malt sweetness.

T: Gose Gone Wild! Salty, sweet, spicy and garlic. Can't drink this

M: Light, spritzy and garlicy finish

D: Thanks, but I'll pass. My morbid curiosity has been satisfied

3.15/5  rDev +16.2%

Poured from a bottle into a tulip. It pours a clear, very light copper. A 1/4 inch head quickly recedes to no lacing.

The aroma is primarily like a malty lager with some notes of tomato, basil, and garlic, which are actually quite good.

The taste goes straight to the heart of pizza mixed with a nice malted beverage and good notes of tomato, basil, oregano, and a little less garlic although a nice garlicky taste and tingle lingers on the tongue.

The mouthfeel is fairly light bodied although this is made up for by a unique and reasonably good taste. There is an adequate level of carbonation and it is definitely not sticky.

Overall, this is a very interesting beer. I like the taste and overall presentation, although the mouthfeel could have been better. I can't say that I'd want to drink it frequently, but it is definitely worth trying and enjoying, as I was surprised by the quality. I will be having it again.

3.61/5  rDev +33.2%

Thanks trey for sharing this novelty purchase with me. I have no idea what to expect with this one.

My buddy described the look as attractive, and I'd have to agree. The body is a semi hazy pale orange with pink tones. I had no head (inside joke that plays off of a few recurring themes). Not stunning, but exceeded expectations thus far.

WOW. This smells exactly like a freshly baked pizza. Tons of tomato, parmesan, oregano, and lots of garlic. They were really spot on with the smell of this one, I really could just sit here and smell this beer all night.

The taste is a little weird as it doesn't match the profoundness of the smell. The components that stick out the most are garlic and tomato, with the malts providing a little bit sweetness. Oregano is present. This beer really doesn't taste bad, if anything like a traditional lager with spices. I could easily drink another one of these, especially while scarfing down a slice of pie.

4.4/5  rDev +62.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

I am reviewing this beer based on its "pizzability", that is to say, if it tastes and smells like pizza. Keep that in mind as this score is high compared to others.

Nothing special in the appearance. Slightly hazy dark golden in color with a small white head that disappears immediately. No lacing and no head retention.

Aroma is pure pizza heaven. Say what you will, there is no way (atleast to my knowledge) that another beer smells as much like pizza as this one. Garlic, marinara sauce, basil, onion, the whole lot. I am imagining this one is pepperoni with green pepper and garlic crust.

Again, pure pizza with beer mixed in. I already have that pizza taste in my mouth with the garlic and herb sauce and I have had only three or four sips. All I taste is pizza.

As repugnant as this beer sounds, if you want a beer to taste like pizza, I dont know houw this doesnt fit the bill to a T. Sure, you may not like the taste because it tastes like someone dropped a pizza into my unhopped pale ale, but that is the point. Novelty beer have their spot in this world and this one is top notch when it comes to "Pizza Beer". I really enjoyed this one but this one isnt for everyone; in fact, it is probably for a very select few.

Beware. You will taste pizza in this one.

Mamma Mia! Pizza Beer from Pizza Beer Company