Swan Song Rye IPA | Buffalo Brewing Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Added by GossageBrewery on 04-06-2011

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by GossageBrewery:
2.94/5  rDev n/a

First person to review this beer! No pressure right? First off, according to the bartender this is a Belgian, American, Rye IPA. In my best Ron White voice...."Never heard of it"- My guess is no one other then the bartender has heard of that either- Even followed up with a call to the Brewery and I got the same line- Hey maybe I'm just not in the know...Anyway for our purposes here, this is a "Rye Beer" says I. Ordered draft and poured into an 8 oz glass. $4.50 for that little guy. The beer poured a light red color, it was very clear. The aroma was a mixture of rye, bitter hops and honey. The beer produced almost zero head there for, there was not even a chance for there to be any sort of head retention. I guess I'll give it an NA for head retention....Another of many firsts.... Beer left behind 0 lacing.The beer had very low amounts of carbonation, and did not have much body. The beer was aggressively hopped and it produced a nice amount of bitter hop flavor. The hop flavor was the highlight of the beer. I asked the bartender about the lack of head and carbonation and he said the beer was " Force Oxidized" in the keg. I have to work the internets and google that one tonight. The beer was "OK". They are serving it as a "premium" beer- for higher price and lower serving size....Im just thinking if you are going to dub something a "premium beer" it should be something of much higher quality. Disappointed.

Swan Song Rye IPA from Buffalo Brewing Co.