Hangar 24 Orange Wheat | Hangar 24 Brewery

2.25/5  rDev -35.7%

2.25/5  rDev -35.7%

2.27/5  rDev -35.1%

On tap @ Hanger 24

Look: Straw yellow with a touch of orange no head

Smell: Orange peel

Taste: For me the beer tasted like watered down orange juice with a touch of wheat

Mouthfeel: Thin body and mild carbonation

Overall: This beer is not for me

2.36/5  rDev -32.6%

i dont like it. it tastes and feels diluted, the orange flavor is weak and one-dimensional, it has an unbalanced sourness, and has an overall taste and finish that seemed cheap to me. a six pack has never lasted over a week in my fridge before

2.46/5  rDev -29.7%

Our local grocery recently added a craft brew section, and I recently chose this brew for one of my infrequent beer indulgences. Wish I hadn't. The beer starts promising, with a pleasant, hazy straw-yellow color and plenty of head. The experience went downhill from there. Despite the heavy smell of citrus and the tangy, well-carbonated mouthfeel one would expect from this style, the taste was, at best, unremarkable. Nothing stood out for me, neither wheat nor citrus. In fact, it was rather like a very weak lemonade with some alcohol thrown in. Very disappointing, and not a brew I will be having a second time.

2.58/5  rDev -26.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Hangar 24's Orange wheat has a beautiful golden hazy look that unfiltered beers embody so well. The haze brings a light refreshing scent of citrus. While smooth, this orange wheat ends with a tangy dry twist. Overall, this beer is better suited for a hot summer day.

2.65/5  rDev -24.3%

Served on-tap at the Hanger 24 brewery.

A - Light orange and very hazy. A thin white head stuck around for a few minutes.

S - Smells of yeast, citrus, and light malts.

T - Puckering sour, citrus orange flavor, followed by light malt and yeast flavors. The orange flavors linger on the finish.

M - Light bodied, very high carbonation.

O - I was not impressed, to be honest. It tasted way too "orange-y" to me. I don't mind fruit in beer, in fact I love it, but I feel that H24 may have gone overboard. It tasted too much like a mimosa to me.

2.72/5  rDev -22.3%