Dopplebock | Block 15 Brewery & Restaurant

Block 15 Brewery & Restaurant
Oregon, United States
block15.com

Style: Doppelbock

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by GreenWBush on 02-24-2009

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by GreenWBush:
3.21/5  rDev 0%

Sitting drinking this beer at the bar today I got to thinking about the nature of criticism, categorization, and enjoyment.

If you don't like a style, and brew it well, are you any closer to happiness? I think the answer is maybe. There's something to be said for stretching your horizons. And if babies' eating habits stick with us later, we don't like the taste of something until the 3rd time we try it.

So why can't I like this beer? It seems to be a pretty passable Dopplebock clone. And I sort of like dopplebocks. But they're not something I'd really ever reach for.

I need more of a malt sandwich if I'm going malty, and this one still has a Northwest element to it.

Carmel apples.
Volkenbrot.
Pushing up to the Cloying line and falling back to stable.

If nothing else, the spread of beers I enjoyed today at B15 shows that they can accurately hit many styles. Keep 'em coming.

Dopplebock from Block 15 Brewery & Restaurant