Autumn Maple | The Bruery

The Bruery
thebruery.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Availability: Fall

Brewed with 17 lbs. of yams per barrel (in other words, a lot of yams!), this autumn seasonal is a different take on the "pumpkin" beer style. Brewed with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, vanilla, molasses, and maple syrup, and fermented with our traditional Belgian yeast strain, this bold and spicy beer is perfect on a cold autumn evening.

ABV: 10%, IBU: 25, SRM: 15, Release: Fall

Added by MiScusi on 09-21-2008

Ratings: 2,077 |  Reviews: 636

4.5/5  rDev +19%

4.25/5  rDev +12.4%

4.35/5  rDev +15.1%

A – It almost looks like apple cider. A little bit of head that disapates gradually. Dark golden brown in color and cloudy.

S – Sweet potatoes and nutmeg. Brown sugar... I suppose that’s the molasses. The booze is faintly detectable.

T – Wow! I’m drinking T-Day dinner. Much like it smells; sweet potatoes, molasses, and spices.

M – Thick, rich, and creamy.

O – I love it. While it’s very rich, it is very well-balanced. It’s sweet, but not too sweet. It’s boozy, but not too boozy. It’s spiced, but not overly spiced. Dare I say, move over Pumking, I’ve got a new favorite Fall beer. “Blasphemy!” you might say. I know! I know… but… this is VERY good. And, this is the first beer that I’ve had that is brewed with YAMS. Unique and delicious; if you haven’t already, this is a must try.

Cheers!

3.5/5  rDev -7.4%

4.1/5  rDev +8.5%

Appearance : hazy brown, two finger quickly disappearing head.
Smell: brown sugar, yam ,...liquid thanksgiving dinner. One of the better fall beers , but still behind Pumking! Slight maple and vanilla sweetness.
Taste: maple syrup, hints of vanilla, and yams. Well balanced and the taste reminds me a lot of hoppin frog 's double hallow Pumkin ale.
Mouth feel: nice
Overall: everyone has an opinion...if I could buy this for $10+ or Pumking for $7, I will take a Pumking everyday! Having said that, I would try this again, and possibly hope for more maple flavor.

The bottle I had this year was a 1.5, the 2013 draft pour I just had was a 4.25.

3.5/5  rDev -7.4%

4.74/5  rDev +25.4%
look: 4 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

From the local watering hole on tap. Pub Pint.

One taste and I ordered a growler to go.

It was like I walked into our local apple orchard store and someone hit me in the face with a pumpkin pie and dozen apple crisp donuts. Then told me it wasn't made from either.

Not a big fan of the fruit and veggie beers. I was really surprised at how well this beer was done. Pumpkin, sweet potato, ginger, brown sugar, maple all the wonderful smells of fall.

A must have for anyone who likes the pumpkin style beers, perfect for autumn.

3.25/5  rDev -14%