Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Black Tuesday | The Bruery

Ratings: 3,945 |  Reviews: 705

1.5/5  rDev -67%

1.5/5  rDev -67%

2.4/5  rDev -47.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured into a snifter. About 7 ounces or so. 2011 vintage.

3.5 A: Black color. Small head that fell quickly and left no lacing. This is about what I would expect from a beer of this magnitude.

3.5 S: Super boozy a la rubbing alcohol. Strange almost tangy caramel. Moderate roast. Shit tons of molasses. Bourbon booziness is second to rubbing alcohol. Leather and light fruits from the barrels.

2.0 T: This is booze gone wild. Insanely boozy. So much booze. Strange tangy caramel is back in full force with a molasses explosion. Sickeningly sweet - the residual sugar is the only thing that puts the booze in its place. Maple syrup and diabetes. Big bourbon. For as big as this is, there isn't a whole lot going on. Rather, there's just a few flavors that slap your palate silly. If there's subtlety in this, it's well hidden under the booze and sugar.

2.5 M: Super thick, but despite this, its lacking craminess. Hot throughout. Could use more carbonation.

1.5 D: This is a nasty, violent, and disease causing beer. I'm pretty sure I had temporary alcohol poisoning while I felt my beta cells shutting down. If I am still diabetes free, then I guess I won. I finished my glass, but didn't want to and certainly didn't want any more. If I ever want to drink this again, I'll save myself some money and mix equal parts vodka and maple syrup. Beers of this nature can be done with great success. Kuhnhenn's Solar Eclipse presents with the same booziness you'd find in a 7% IPA. WWS is a decent beer that becomes fantastic with age. This is a utter failure of an 18% stout.

2.42/5  rDev -46.7%

Had this at a tasting on friday night, a huge thanks to John for bring this beer

The beer pours like motor oil with a thin barely there dark head. the smell is sweet boozy with a noticeable bourbon smell. the taste is hot boozy and cloyingly sweet. this beer reminds me of dark lord, ( which i thought was highly overrated). the mouthfeel is thick and its hard to get the coating feel out of your mouth. between everyone at the tasting it was probably a 50/50 split of love hate. i gave the rest of my pour to my brother who enjoyed it. in my opinion this beer is one to avoid

2.5/5  rDev -44.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Black Tuesday from The Bruery