Black Tuesday | The Bruery

2016: 20.3% ABV

Added by OlieIPA on 07-18-2009

Reviews: 684 | Ratings: 3,836
4.7/5  rDev +5.1%

From 12/12/10 notes. Got to try this at a local tasting thanks to drabmuh. Big thanks Matt, this was my biggest want!

a - Pours a jet black color with two to three inches of fluffy tan head that stays throughout drinking and light carbonation evident. Leaves a tiny bit of lacing on the glass, looks perfect.

s - Smells of bourbon, oak, chocolate, roasted malts, dark fruit, and vanilla. Also a little sweet brown sugar or molasses. Very enjoyable; it's complex and balanced.

t - Tastes of bourbon, oak, chocolate, roasted malts, vanilla, and molasses. Also a little bit of raisin or dark fruit. Taste is a bit hot but still great to me, as I love bourbon.

m - Medium to full body and low carbonation. The body is really smooth and creamy and the ABV is very well hidden. It I didn't know this was 18-19% ABV, I would have guessed it was 9%. Love the mouthfeel.

d - Overall I thought this was an amazing beer; one of the best barrel aged stouts I've ever had. While this beer is super hyped and I have been disappointed with some of their hyped beers in the past, this one lived up to the hype. I think it looks and smells great, and has a wonderful mouthfeel, but is a tiny bit hot. I think in 6-12 months this could be even better, if the heat dies down a tiny bit. Either way, if you like bourbon barrel aged stouts you'll still love this one now. Would love to get another bottle of this.

4.59/5  rDev +2.7%

I have had this beer multiple times over the last few years, this rating will be a combination of them all. The numerical ratings are from a 09 bottle. I recently brought a 2011 bottle to Imminent Liquidation II so I decided to finally write a review.

A - Pours pitch black with a nice one and a half finger tall tan head leaving a good amount of lace down the sides of the glass.

S - Smells of milk chocolate, vanilla, dark roasted malt, bourbon, dark fruits, oak, brown sugar and some oak. The booze is apparent throughout. I can not think of anything more I would want in an imperial stout.

T - Starts off with a ton of chocolaty sweetness and lots of warm bourbon quickly giving way to a mix of dark roasted malt, vanilla, dark fruit and brown sugar. Finish has some sweet heat with some lingering dry oak tannins.

M - Big, smooth, boozy feel that is just great. I prefer these with a year or so on them to help kill some of the booze. There is no doubt that this is one big beer.

O - This is undoubtedly one of the best imperial stouts out there. When it is fresh it can be a little too harsh for my liking but once the booze mellows it really comes into its own. I will never turn down one of these.

3.52/5  rDev -21.3%

Served in a snifter.

Big thanks to VDubb86 for sharing his winnings with me!

And the elusive Black Tuesday sits in my glass. Nice. it pours a straight obsidian topped by a half-finger of light ecru foam. The nose comprises rich bourbon, chocolate syrup, roasted malts, molasses, and oak. Smells like the hype might ring true. The taste, though, ensures that it does not. The bourbon is far too hot, the chocolate is just a step too sweet, and these combined with a hefty dose of roasted malts produce an unnerving prickle on the tongue. It's clear there was a damn good idea in place for this beer, but it doesn't seem as though it was carried out very well. Perhaps some age would have done it some good, but I'm not sure I'll find that out. As it stands, the flavors are just too all over the place to work properly. The body is a hefty-ish medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a semi-chewy feel. Overall, though disappointing, I was very glad to have been able to try this brew. I can see why many would love it, but it's just not working for me.

4.6/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Big bourbon aroma and very sweet, malty taste. Medium but sticky, syrupy body. Feels more like an English Barleywine than an Imperial Stout. Expected something else but overall it was very enjoyable.

4.88/5  rDev +9.2%

A huge thank you to Darrell for sharing this rare delicacy last night.

A: Deep, opaque black. There is a moderately small beige that hangs out for a few minutes before sinking into the abyss and disappearing forever.

S: Bourbon! Whoa! There is nothing subtle about the aroma. It's enticing and alluring, but I must say that is predominantly bourbon.

T: Black Tuesday tastes fantastic. Plain and simple. It's incredibly rich and buttery smooth. It's like a heavy freight train loaded with rich, roasted malt loaded and bourbon barrels on a collision course with your palate. I didn't find it to be complex, per se, as the enormous bourbon flavors overtake some of the more subtle aspects.

M: Extremely viscous, rich and thick. Alcohol content disguised masterfully. This isn't to say alcohol is not detectable, but I would never have guessed that it's nearly 20% abv. Very impressive.

D: While it definitely seems like a strong beer, I am amazed that it weighs in at 19.5% abv. That's insane. I had 6-8 ounces and thoroughly enjoyed every sip. Highly recommended.

4.76/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Bottled Sep 2013, opened Nov 2013.

A - Black with a cola halo highlight. Bone-white head settles quickly into a thin rim around the edge of the class. Poor retention and low lace.

S - Booze forward nose; Bourbon soaked brownies, dark chocolate, malted milk balls.

T - Whoa. Thick, melted dark chocolate. Brown breads, caramel, almonds, vanilla, oak. Umami; soy sauce and sweet caramelized carrots. Molasses, brown sugar, and bourbon finish.

M - Incredible finish - possibly the best staying power I've ever had in a beer. Full, smooth, creamy frame.

O - An outstanding stout, absolutely worth the hype.

3.87/5  rDev -13.4%

2011 750 mL bottle poured into my new CBS snifter. Split with baconbourbon.

Appearance - Doesn't really pour as black as I thought it would be, considering it's called Black Tuesday. It's a little translucent at the edges. Temporarily has a head, but it doesn't last. How could it, really? It incredibly sticky. If left for a while, I would expect this to reduce to a molasses-like sludge.

Smell - Bourbon, sugar, and alcohol. Whoah. I kinda get some of the stout behind it, but really it's overpowered by the bourbon, sugar, and alcohol. When I first smelled it, I got a lot of the barrel. As I drink it, I get less barrel and more alcohol.

Taste - Bourbon at first. Vanilla and caramel. No oak, but the barrel seems evident just from the bourbon and vanilla. Lighter malts shine through much more than any roasted malts. Immensely sweet. In the back I finally get some flavors from the stout itself. Chocolate and some coffee, but it's an afterthought to the sugar and alcohol. The finish isn't as boozy as I expected.

Mouthfeel - Thick and syrupy. Boozy, but not in the taste. It's warming to the point of a slight burn. Split two ways, this is a big ask. I want to go to sleep, but I still have half a glass left and I know I won't feel so hot in the morning.

Overall - Disappointing, I suppose. I don't know what I expected out of such a gigantic stout. It's like the scene at the beginning of Super Troopers where they chug the maple syrup, except there's lethal levels of alcohol in this. Good night.

3.68/5  rDev -17.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I have had the privilege of trying this brew each year it was released but never got around to writing a formal review. This time I am making it happen with a fresh 2012 bottle into a matching Bruery snifter. The brew pours brown in color as it streams out of the bottle and collects in my glass as a darker fudgy brown color. About a finger of khaki head sits atop and fades to a thin film across the top with less than a half finger holding around the outside perimeter of the glass. Rising bubbles maintain that partial forth around the edge of the glass seemingly throughout the entire duration. When held to the light, the brew shows some lighter brown coloration around the edges with hints of red.

The aroma of this brew is sweet with suggestions of vanilla and chocolate. There are plenty of dark fruity alcohol esters present in the nose mixing with a significant supporting role of whiskey. The residual sweetness of the nose is reminiscent of belgian candy sugar coupled with vinous notes. As the brew warms up, some herbal hop notes come forward. When swirled and as the brew warms, there are very minor roasty elements.

The initial flavors are quite sweet but there is a significant amount of booze also present that is borderline numbing to the tongue. A lot of dark fruity alcohol mingles on the tongue creating flavors akin to raisins, plumes, prunes and molasses with again, a kick of solvent alcohol. When bigger sips are taken, there is a bit of an herbal hop present and dry oak quality. As it warms up, it gets somewhat medicinal with a greater focus on whiskey aspects instead of beer.

This is a full bodied brew with a modest amount of carbonation. It has a huge alcohol impact that really suppresses the overall drinkability. There is quite a bit of complexity here to take in and I gotta say this one has me scratching my head. I dont want to be "that guy" who proclaims the Bruery and this beer has changed but quite frankly, this is not the same beer I remember enjoying in years past. I realize the recipe isn't the same each year and the alcohol varies but this is a significant variance from years past. This is more like a fruity/vinous dark belgian strong ale than the thick and syrupy chocolate smoothie of a beast stout I remember.

4.12/5  rDev -7.8%

I've tasted this several times, many different batches, but this review is from notes at EBF.
A thick black viscous liquid coats the inside of my glass with great legs. Aromas of chocolate, brown sugar, caramel, molasses, raisins and other dark dried fruits, along with a fair amount of ethanol. The flavor is sweet with dark and burnt sugars but that is countered nicely with a present but not overpowering alcohol heat. Roast and chocolate molasses round out the flavor nicely. Thick body with a light level of carbonation and a sweet syrupy mouthfeel. This is a monster of a beer, but its frikin tasty and devilishly deceptive.

4.41/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Poured from the bottle into a snifter glass at Smoke & Barrel DC part of bottle exchange. From notes.

Surprisingly not as dark as thought it would be. A good brown mahogonay coming out of the bottle hits with a solid dark walnut body. Very opaque and har to see through.

Nose has a huge chunk of molasses and sticky quality. Lots of sticky toffee. Thick smelling. Good sense of controlled whiskey like heat, with complimenting red fruits of cherry and raspberry. Great smelling beer, luckily not too hot on the nose.

Palate hits with a good chunk of sweet taffy. Lots of sticky peppermint and warming menthol finish. Controlled warmth with a nice warming big hit in the pit of your stomach. Lots of chocolate sensations with a thick almost syrup like body. Fruit action comes after repeated sips and some warmth, hinting of thick red fruits of cherry/raspberry feeling. Much of the molasses seem to get left behind.

Overall the flavors are nicely balanced, and even at this high abv it's still incredibly easy to drink. Very memorable beer and quite enjoyable, very well made.

4.4/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

2011 vintage opened at Joe & Julie's place. Served in a badass Batman Forever stein, back when McDonald's actually had cool giveaway items.

A - A nice finger of tan foam settles to a thick collar but minimal lacework. Black body with a glint of brown at the edges of the glass. Pretty impressive at 18.2%.

S - Huge bourbon barrel presence, with plenty of dry wood, whiskey, vanilla, and dark chocolate. Only mild roast and coffee flavors in the periphery. Intensely rich, with well-hidden alcohol - most people who tried this would have never guessed it was over 18%.

T - Taste is quite similar, with massive amounts of chocolate, vanilla, and lighter touch of bourbon, barrel, and caramel. Again, there's minimal roast character, resulting in this being very sweet. Still it was quite easy to drink and never became cloying.

M - Viscous and shake-like full body, with enough carbonation to get things from getting too heavy or sludge-like. Some alcohol warmth, but nothing untoward. Pretty creamy, with only mild barrel tannin presence. I expected a slightly heavier beer at 18.2%, but I appreciate that this drinks like it has an ABV in the low teens.

D - Really enjoyable stuff - the 2011 seems to be developing nicely as I thought it was a bit boozy last time I had it just before Christmas. I know there's been backlash against the hype on this beer, but it's really excellent and among the Bruery's best offerings. Just make sure you have friends on hand, as drinking more than 6oz will put you in the fast lane to incomprehensibility.

4.67/5  rDev +4.5%

Pours black, mocha collar. Little lacing.

Boozy aroma, vanilla.

Smoothsmoothsmooth, first and foremost. Doesn't drink 18%abv at all! Roasty. Mmm. Mmm.

Thick mouthfeel, medium carbonation.

What a treat! Thanks GraniteSkunk and abecall98! One of the best beers I've had all year. Amazing you see these people with dozens of this beer and we're all in astonishment just having one in our presence.

4.53/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

20 malts! Wow. I was annoyed with all the hype surrounding this beer but given the opportunity to try it, I was seriously blown away by it and I'm really glad I got the opportunity.

Beer is black (shocking) and forms a thin brown head that leaves some lacing on the glass. Carbonation is moderate to low. When I swirl the beer it coats the glass and leaves legs on the walls of the glass like a fine wine would do.

This is a seriously big beer, I was expecting alcohol in the nose but no...it smells sweet and there's some bourbon smell in there but no straight alcohol. I can pick up some roast as well. Really nicely balanced, seriously.

Beer is sweet up front but has a good body to it, medium. I'm definitely not drinking rubbing alcohol but I'm also not chewing it. There is some bitterness in the back but again, the alcohol is completely masked. I'm knocking it down on drinkability because I honestly don't think I could drink a lot of it, its builds on me in both sweetness and bitterness but its a great beer. Think Bourbon County on steriods.

4.23/5  rDev -5.4%

2009 vintage. This one pours a viscous oily midnight black with no head. It smells of dark chocolate, roasted coffee, and intense dark fruit sweetness. It has a really sweet nose. It drinks of chocolate coffee syrup and is insanely flavorful despite the sweetness. The chocolate and dark fruits work very well together. It's smooth, thick, and syrupy and could be hard to finish due to sugar and alcohol but its an intense imperial stout. This is just a massive beer and despite the abv, is not too hot having mellowed slightly, being the 2009 vintage. While good, I don't know why this vintage demands so much on the trade block.

4.97/5  rDev +11.2%

A huge thanks to jhenry04 for coming through for me on this one in a very fair and reasonable trade.

I served this at 54 degrees into my Dogfish Head snifter. On first pour, there is very little carbonation until five seconds or so pass and a nice stream of bubbles begins to work its way to the surface. A frothy, Cappuccino-like head forms on a second vigorous pour. Swirling this around in the glass produces tremendous legs like a fine sherry or port.

The smell is outstanding. As soon as I worked my way through the two layers of black wax and pried off the cap, a beautiful caramel, cocoa aroma was released. Sticking my nose deep into the snifter I get a host of bourbon-like flavors ranging from vanilla to toffee to sultana raisins. Gorgeous. I spent a good ten minutes just inhaling the aromas before taking my first sip. There was certainly a strong presence of alcohol in the nose which was leading me to believe that this would be quite hot.

Upon my first taste I was immediately struck by how the nose transfered to the taste in every way but one - the alcohol was much more subdued than what I expected. Notes of muscovado sugar, plums and candied pecans all come through on subsequent sips. This is heady stuff!

Mouthfeel was tremendous. Very viscous but never chewy. A perfect amount of carbonation for the high alcohol and a fantastic achievement considering it's nearly 40 proof!

Drinkability is off the charts for the style and high alcohol content. Despite the heat in the nose and very sweet body, it never becomes hot or cloying. Beautifully done!

In retrospect Black Tuesday resembles Utopias, the FW Anniversary beers, MS Arctic Devil Barleywine and even J.W. Lees Harvest Ale more than it does many of the top Imperial Stouts out there.

Is this the best beer in the world? One could certainly argue for or against and have valid points on both sides. What is indisputable to me is that Black Tuesday is a tremendous brewing achievement that shows great finesse in a huge package. All I know is that I spent nearly two hours drinking this beer and when I swirled the last sip in my mouth and swallowed I was deeply satiated.

4.49/5  rDev +0.4%

2010 vintage courtesy of hopderek at Imminent Liquidation - thanks!!

A: Pitch black, almost no head but it was there for a few seconds, oily looking body.

S: Bourbon....barrels...yup. Loads of seeping bourbon and wood notes from the barrel aging here. Some darker fruits (raisins, plums) and balanced caramel malt presence is here but definitely overshadowed by the bourbon.

T: A sweeter stout than I was expecting. Vanilla, bourbon, chocolate syrup, oak notes and sweet roasted malt again come into play. Very nicely balanced as these flavors seem to play off one another quite well. Nothing is dominating to the point that it doesn't allow the other flavors to shine. Damn straight!

M: Thick and oily, while retaining a certain creaminess about it that is what I always look for in an Imperial Stout. Slight carbonation bubbles that definitely doesn't detract from the body. Well done.

D: I mean, honestly, it's delicious but I couldn't drink much of this. I'd split the bottle and savor every sip. The alcohol is ridiculously high, so I can't score this really high.

Black Tuesday is absolutely worth it's hype. It's a beer every craft beer lover needs to get their hands on an sample at some point in time. Nicely done, boys.

Sampled at Boise’s 2014 Imperial Stout get together, over 120 bottles to choose from. Going with the flow on this rating. Smooth, slick, plenty of warmth. Mildly boozy.

4.35/5  rDev -2.7%

750ml bottle shared at woodshop 5.1

Poured a dark as night black like motor oil with a very thin head and almost no lacing left on the glass. There was a lot going on in the aroma which consisted of chocolate malts, coco nibs, brown sugar, slight bourbon notes, vanilla and toffee. It had a sweet nose which probably included dark fruits as well. You can definitely smell the bourbon. The flavor was really complex with the chocolatey brownie striking first on the palate with bourbon, toffee, vanilla and caramelized sugar accents. After a couple sips I also got slight coco like the nose and booze for sure. Black Tuesday was full bodied with a low amount of carbonation that had a silky sweet and boozy finish. It was pretty drinkable considering the ABV on this beast. I actually enjoyed it more on tap before they released last year don't get me wrong it is still a great beer I just had to put in my two cents on it that's all. This is something everyone should try at least once.

4.47/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.5

Bottle shared by Umberto at Curran's tasting.

Pours a deep, dark black, with a small, quarter inch head, and not much lacing.

Smells like bourbon, chocolate, booze, caramel, and more booze.

This one is a whopper, so much here. Surprisingly, the booziness is not overpowering- it is hot as hell, but that factors in well with every other flavor, and elevates it a bit. Tons of chocolate, vanilla, caramel, burnt sugar, oak, coconut, cream, molasses. All of those flavors combine together so well into this flavor punch to the face.

Thick bodied, so gloopy and viscous. The mouthfeel is so chewy but creamy. Low carbonation. Due to the alcohol, this one is a real slow sipper.

Glad I finally got to try this one, it's a monster, but a delicious monster too. Treading the line between beer and cognac or something.

4.8/5  rDev +7.4%

The beer pours a pitch black color with a 1/4" brown head that fades to lacing. The aroma is out of this world. It's warm and dark with excellent bourbon barrel character. The black and roasted malts are present and accounted for. The taste is perfect in my opinion. It's a strong black, earthy, roasted beer with a thick rich flavor that goes down warm and finishes the same with a nice bourbon character. The bourbon really compliments the overall experience. The mouthfeel is exceptional. It is a full bodied beer with near perfect carbonation. This is my new favorite beer in the world. It has everything I'm looking for in a drinking experience.

4.77/5  rDev +6.7%

The bottles won't be released for another three months, but a keg was tapped at the source yesterday. I've known about this beer since May 2008, when me and a buddy sampled this beer when it was still fermenting! Anyways...let's keep the hype train rolling:

Polka dot tan lacing clings to the glass on top the pitch black body. A little paper-thin tan foam caps the body. The aroma...watch out! Very intense, but oh so enjoyable. Very sweet, like vanilla, bourbon, fruit, burnt sugar, and a faint roastiness.

The aroma, combined with the taste, makes this beer a winner. I was first amazed with how well masked the alcohol was. There is a little heat, but it feels more like 10-11% range of a good beer. It's chocolatey, bourbony, woody, burnt sugary, fruity, and a pinch of boozy. The alcohol had a bit of a cherry flavor. An easy mouthfeel keeps things from getting too cloying, but still heavy and lip-smacking good. Slighty boozy, and it never hangs around for too long. Damn...it's a very slow sipper, but I could sip on it awhile.

I was worried this would be like World Wide Stout or Mikkeller Black and be extremely alcoholic with limited enjoyability. Fortunately, that is not the case. Black Tuesday black out the booze and stimulates the taste buds. Indeed, this is marvelous black water. Oh, and don't fret too much if you miss out on a bottle initially, because this beer will be brewed again in the future.

4.42/5  rDev -1.1%

Huge thanks to GregSVT for sharing this bottle. I was beginning to doubt whether I would ever get to try this one.

2011 vintage.

The beer pours a very dark brown to black color with a few brown bubbles but no real head.

The aroma is awesome. I get a ton of bourbon and molasses notes, as well as some raisins, chocolate and roasted malt. The other barrel-aged notes also come through and contribute quite a bit of maple and oak.

The flavor is just as good, if not better than the aroma. The first notes are some sweet chocolate, which is quickly followed by a heavy amount of bourbon. I also get some great maple, oak and vanilla notes from the barrel-aging process, as well as some coffee and brown sugar. The alcohol is very present and the beer is extremely sweet.

Medium to thick mouthfeel and low carbonation. Thanks again Greg for sharing this bottle.

4.75/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

The beer pours out in a dark brown color, black in the glass with some brown, reddish hues coming through the edges in the light.

The aroma hits of huge sweetness. Marshmallow, vanilla, coconut, bourbon, milk chocolate. Lots of alcohol heat. Almost like a bourbon and sweet chocolate/coffee liqueur.

The flavor follows with that rich sweetness up front. Bourbon, sweet brown sugar, caramel, some bitter chocolate and coffee. This is followed with lots of vanilla, toasted coconut, oak. Alcohol burns as it goes down, but the beer is not very alcohol forward on the palate as sweetness dominates.

Great barrel complexities, but the beer is generally very sweet. A still complex and incredible beer.

4.05/5  rDev -9.4%

Thanks goes out to ___ for providing the bottle, went into some small snifters and split with friends. Review 475.

Midnight sky black with some dark muddy spots towards the edges. The beer pours thick and oil like and just looks like some gooey syrup. You may want to put some plastic down on your couch before enjoying this near 20%er, things could get tricky. Not really any head, save for a few small patches of brown bubbles. Nothing in terms of lace but there is a brown dirty film that remains on the glass.

Smells like sweet heaven. Black Tuesday has a bold nose, and it reaches far from the glass. An equal amount of roasted malt and chocolate attack the senses, opening my eyes. A nice vanilla base and minimal coffee. The bourbon is huge and makes me smile. BT smells like a souped up Bourbon County Stout mixed with a small bit of World Wide Stout, but with even more malt sweetness. Some molasses and licorice. The alcohol is masked very well but it's not 100% out of the way.

Tuesday is big, It's huge in fact. The two main tastes is dark rich chocolate and roasted malts working in unison together. Under that is more malt giving off more sweetness plus caramel. Expensive bourbon makes a move next and leaves my mouth a bit hot and boozy, but im loving it. The bourbon shines with temp. changes. Some oak from the barrel. Surprised not to get a lot of coffee out of BT, it's very minimal. For a beer this size I was expecting some soy sauce, and i got some but just a touch, phew. Molasses and more malt in the finish, this stuff is big.

The alcohol is masked well but I can still tell it's there easily with a slight hotness, it's small and not in the way. BT is thick and viscous, chewy and RAW. Kind of goes down like a light syrup while taking small sips. This has a certain slickness going down leaving all the ingredients on the tounge, and then finishing with some hot booze. The bourbon seems to be sticking around the longest.

Slowly and surely I will make it through this darkness. BT demands some time and patience and a plate of assorted chocolates to heighten the experience. Spread the love and share with a friend or two or you may not make it into work the next morning. For the amount of alcohol and sweetness this beer is very approachable. I believe that while aging this may do something to the taste and heat, it wont exactly benefit greatly as it's huge and great right now

Black Tuesday actually reminded me of some of those big foreign stouts including some Mikeller stuff, Dark Horizon and the like, only with the American twist of doing it even bigger.

4.04/5  rDev -9.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

Footbalm brought this along with a plethora of rare beers to the weekend RIS tasting... Thanks Eric.. Classy.

No real head as expected.. but it pours like motor oil.. coats the glass with every swirl.

Nose is thick with every element pronounced yet not very melded... dark chocolate syrup.. quite alot of bourbon.. raisins and dark cherries.... oaky in later pours.

Flavor is immediately reminiscent of Bourbon County but with alot more sweetness... boozy brownie batter .. vanilla sugar.. bits of coffee are drowned out by dark sweet fruits drenched in chocolate sauce.. Full bodied with a nice carbonation, but each sip makes me wanna go brush my teeth.. too cloying for my tastes.

Eric.. I appreciate the opportunity ... We had plenty of BT in Denver this year, and while I think it is very interesting, I still view it as more of a novelty.. That said, I REALLY want a bottle or two to hang on to for a few years and see how it melds... it seems like a bit of a mess right now.

3.5/4.5/4/4.5/3.5