Collaboration Series: Ichigo Highway | The Bruery

Collaboration Series: Ichigo HighwayCollaboration Series: Ichigo Highway

The Bruery
thebruery.com

Style: American Wild Ale

Ichigo Highway is a collaborative beer that we created with Hangar 24 Brewing from Redlands, CA. The base style is a sessionable sour red ale that we aged in oak barrels along with a whopping amount of strawberries, most of which were picked from the fields besides Hangar 24's brewery. Aged for approximately 8 months, this beer has developed a pleasant funk and a delightful acidity that is balanced by the intensely sweet aroma and flavor of the strawberries as well as a unique dryness achieved by using a sake yeast along with our house strain along with souring bacteria.

Added by Halcyondays on 11-10-2012

Liked:
3.89/5
Alströms:

4.25/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.54/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I never tasted this one when it came out. I can imagine it was a whole different beer. And with the current rating, I have to believe it was not as good fresh. But with the few years it has on it when I am currently drinking it.....It is amazing. Great sour and a little funky barnyard to it. The strawberry is still there and goes great with the brew. If you somehow have a bottle of this still aging, you are stoked, cuz this one is going to blow your mind.

4.43/5  rDev +13.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Poured into a bruery tulip. Pours a nice reddish amber color with lacing that dissipates after a few minutes. The nose on this is a strawberry farm. Strawberry jam, slight band aidy and new plastic. Taste is extremely fruit forward with a nice acidity that doesn't make me feel like I need to hit the dentist next week. One of the softest, most subtle sours I've ever had. Complex yet everything seems in sync. I didn't like this beer when it first came out, but I've been holding onto it since its first release. This is hands down the best strawberry sour I've had. Beats cascade by a mile. The fruit, sour ale base and red wine barrels had melded nicely into a world class sour. Drink now if you have one, you'll thank me later.

4.5/5  rDev +15.7%