Stella Artois 5.2%

Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 26 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Aleforge from Missouri

3.79/5  rDev +5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

As others I have been drinking Stella for years but never bothered to review. Outside of a few on tap "sketchy" pulls (stale) it's always been above average. It looks good, especially in it's traditional glass, smells on par with other euro lagers and has a nice refreshing taste. It also has a good mouth feel as its light and bubbly. I don't want to get too crazy on it's final score but I feel like a 3.75 fits it well. You really can't go wrong.

Apr 04, 2020
Drak-Nib from Nebraska

3.5/5  rDev -3%

I'm surprised I haven't put fingers to keys; I've been drinking this for years. Anyway, this concerns a draw I had at Buffalo Wings and Rings up in Ciudad Rapido. Just the tonic I need after a drive up from Shattrain. It's a tasty lightweight, just like I remember from the bottle. Not necessarily the beer of the month, but if I'm just in the mood for a beer type beer, it's a good choice. 2017/08/17

Additional note: The bowling alley in Shattrain currently serves this, to my delight. Makes me feel classy while I'm playing pool up there.

Feb 03, 2019
voiceofexperience from Colorado

4.21/5  rDev +16.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

As far as taste is concerned, this Lager has strong ties to the Pilsner branch of the family. The major differences, it is sweeter (lacking any heavy maltiness), and it's a bit lighter than most Pilsners. It is hopped with noble hops, in the same fashion as the North German Lagers and true Pilsners. As such, it is an excellent example of its type. Thank god, this has replaced Bud in many U.S. tap rooms! It seems to move well, so freshness usually is not a problem. If you are purely a craft-type and are dismissive of this type of beer you will likely strongly disagree with my rating. If you are more catholic in your beer tastes I believe you will find this review most helpful. Goes great with almost any food, too.

Nov 02, 2018
ChrisRyan77

4.46/5  rDev +23.5%

This beer is one of my go to's and is a respected original beer from Belgium for over 600 years. ABV is 5.2%, imported and so is a little on the pricey side. Buy this beer once and I almost guarantee you'll buy another 6 pack of these once again. A nice refreshing summer beer.

May 13, 2015
Mike707 from California

3.84/5  rDev +6.4%

Stella is better than Fosters Lager, Heineken, Beck's etc...
It's still a light refreshing brew that drinks easy. It's not skunky like Heineken.
A good summer beer I'd say.
More refreshing than Steelhead.
Stella on Tap, A Pitcher with Pint glasses and with a slice of greasy New York Style Pizza rocks!!!
I like;)