Club De Stella Artois | Stella Artois

stellaartois.be

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by TheLongBeachBum on 04-01-2004

1.21/5  rDev -60.7%

I have had from a bottle and tap in America, and on tap in Belgium. Sadly, no matter the country, same crappy taste.

Ok, head nothing great, kinda fluffy, gold in color.

Aroma- skunky

Color is straw, normal color.

Taste is very bland and skunky. One of my least favorite beers.

1.46/5  rDev -52.6%

Stella is quite possibly the worst beer I've ever had. It looks fine, has a mediocre nose, and the mouthfeel is nothing to write complaints about. The taste, however, is where this brew fails miserably. Approaching the average aspects of its presentation otherwise (appearance, nose), one would expect something smooth with little to write home about. Frankly, I expected this beer to be drinkable. The flavor is so off it makes me wonder what they used to brew it, it couldn't have been barley for I can't find a hint of those flavors. The hops are no where to be seen, tasted, or smelled. This brew fails with flying colours.

1.71/5  rDev -44.5%

Pours pale straw yellow with a decent white head that has average to poor retention but little side lacing.
Aroma- Wow, talk about skunky beer. I asked my wife to check out the odor and she told me that my PEE will end up smelling like a skunk.
When it comes to taste it is just hard to get by the odor.
This beer has a very offensive odor, that dominates its otherwise mediocre to poor qualities.

1.75/5  rDev -43.2%

2.13/5  rDev -30.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

On tap at a hotel restaurant. Poured into a pilsner glass, bright golden yellow with a small head that left no lacing. Nice champagne bubbles rising to the top, though.

Pungent aroma, skunky like a heineken. Flavor was less offensive - somewhere between cardboard and grains.

Watery mouthfeel, nice carbonation (best part of the beer), and dry aftertaste. A place that serves this probably also serves more appealing alternatives - go for the alternative.

2.17/5  rDev -29.5%

A- golden, low head retention --left a ring

S- awful smell, reminiscent of throwup

T- no real depth of flavor, tastes like a generic pale lager.

M- good mouthfeel, just the right amount of carbonation, it feels nice in your mouth

D- i dont want to drink anymore of these. it gave me a stomach ache its so bad

2.26/5  rDev -26.6%

My latest desperation beer choice at a restaurant that basically has good food but swill for beer.

Had a paper thin head when the waiter brought it to me. Nice clear gold appearance. Smelled of...Nothing, really except maybe a hint of skunk.

Taste was grainy, slightly sweet and very dull. Nothing grabbed my attention or kept my interest. Watery mouthfeel with a decent amount of carbonation.

It's been a while since a had a beer so boring I kept forgetting it was sitting in front of me! Never again.

2.47/5  rDev -19.8%

Although light and airy this beer has a very bad after taste to it. the appearance of it is good, if poured correctly the head usually is about 1/2 and inch thick smell is very desireable but i personlly can not sit and enjoy this beer like i would with other ones of its style

2.49/5  rDev -19.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Stella is a highly carbonated golden yellow beer with an oddly metallic taste. It has a champagne-like appearance at times. I find it acceptable in the same circumstances as other pale lagers, however it is not something I prefer by any means. While leagues ahead of domestic counterparts, I feel that Stella Artois is a Budweiser or Corona of Europe. If you're expecting complexity, this is not a good beer for you- it is simple, thin, crisp, and sparkly.

2.5/5  rDev -18.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Report me a review, is a beer you ask me? No not really. This is what I drink for the beach. Not too few or out of reach. This is better than anything here in Costa (aside a rare dark), this includes the locales, hermano. The visual is clear regardless the tint. There is nothing more to this stint. Taste and mouthfeel out beat any male prostitute, looks better than my piss. I finalize this retort.

Club De Stella Artois from Stella Artois