Stella Artois | Stella Artois

Ratings: 5,336 |  Reviews: 1,490

3.75/5  rDev +22.5%

3.37/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

This beer is very light in colour and extremely carbonated. The foamy, white head disappears quickly. The smell is kind of like a skunk... but in a good way. The taste is similar to the smell, as it is bitter and kind of like a skunk (again, in a good way). You can definitely taste a bit of malts and nice hop flavours, but it is a pretty light taste overall. A bit too carbonated for me, but still nice.

Would I buy it again? Yes.

3.5/5  rDev +14.4%

3.04/5  rDev -0.7%

I had a Stella Artois for the first time - finally after having seen so many commercials for this lager I got a chance to partake - I wasn't too impressed.

From the tap it poured an eye-appealing golden color, crisp and clear. The head was white, but small, and it had staying power. The lacing was good too, sticking to the glass all the way down. I couldn't really smell anything but the hops - I was hoping for more, but nope, nothing. Mouthfeel was impressive, it wet my tongue without an overly obnoxious carbonation - that much I liked. It's taste wasn't anything better or worse from some other lagers I've had. In fact, I had to convince myself it didn't taste watery to me. (But just to hedge my bets - I kept it's overall rating at an average lager.)

3.5/5  rDev +14.4%

2.5/5  rDev -18.3%

3.75/5  rDev +22.5%

2.5/5  rDev -18.3%

Poured into a pint glass from a bottle.

Appearance: Pale yellow color with a thin white head, no lacing on the glass.

Smell: Grassy like grains mostly, and on the mild side.

Mouthfeel/Taste: Smooth and light bodied. Taste kinda skunky, but not offensive.

Overall: Average Pale Lager, nothing special.

Stella Artois from Stella Artois