Stella Artois | Stella Artois

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-13-2000

View: Beers
Ratings: 5,491 |  Reviews: 1,529

4.05/5  rDev +31.1%

I had it Ice cold from the bottle into a pilsner glass. I can smell hops , some malted barley but not that much , but its basically a similar smell to Heineken , you just get that European hoppy skunky smell but nothing off puting. the beer has about 2 inches of foam white head to it , very appealing golden straw colour to the beer with lots of carbonation. the taste is very smooth , it also reminds me of a nice cold heinken but less skunky , the taste is very nice and soft you can feel the carbonation the whole way through from your tounge to your throat , its basically a heineken but with a weaker bitter aftertast compared to the heineken but overall . Its a very nice beer nothing off putting about, the taste is brilliant , very drinkable. this is a perfect example of you get what you pay for in canada its around 25$ a 12 of bottles and compare it to budweiser which is around 20$ a 12. but yeah great beer i would reccomend to anyone that likes heineken and also great for christmas to. Cheers . merry christmas from drunky the clown

3.75/5  rDev +21.4%

3.37/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

This beer is very light in colour and extremely carbonated. The foamy, white head disappears quickly. The smell is kind of like a skunk... but in a good way. The taste is similar to the smell, as it is bitter and kind of like a skunk (again, in a good way). You can definitely taste a bit of malts and nice hop flavours, but it is a pretty light taste overall. A bit too carbonated for me, but still nice.

Would I buy it again? Yes.

3.04/5  rDev -1.6%

I had a Stella Artois for the first time - finally after having seen so many commercials for this lager I got a chance to partake - I wasn't too impressed.

From the tap it poured an eye-appealing golden color, crisp and clear. The head was white, but small, and it had staying power. The lacing was good too, sticking to the glass all the way down. I couldn't really smell anything but the hops - I was hoping for more, but nope, nothing. Mouthfeel was impressive, it wet my tongue without an overly obnoxious carbonation - that much I liked. It's taste wasn't anything better or worse from some other lagers I've had. In fact, I had to convince myself it didn't taste watery to me. (But just to hedge my bets - I kept it's overall rating at an average lager.)

2.5/5  rDev -19.1%