Cerveza | Marble Brewery

Marble Brewery
New Mexico, United States
marblebrewery.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Our Marbleously crushable take on a Mexican style lager is crisp, refreshing, and ready to accompany anything from hiking La Luz Trail to ceviche with friends, or simply soaking up some rays at our 11 Year Anniversary Street Party on 4/20/19. Crafted with character, Cerveza is our unabashedly crushable take on a Mexican-style lager.

User Reviews & Ratings
4.77/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

NOTE THAT I'M RATING IN-STYLE. 24oz can poured into Duvel tulip. Grabbed this at the grocery store for $3.50. Got dang Loch Ness monstah! BEST BY 08/13/19 printed on bottom of can. So this one is fresh can be.

Appearance - Ultra clear pale straw body with light carbonation and a big very white loose head with moderate-low retention and weak patchy stick. 4.25

Smell - Dry musky corn. Unimpressive, but that's just the style. The important thing is there's no off tones whatsoever. None of that signature skunkiness you almost always smell in mexican lagers. Completely clean and refreshing. I suppose that in itself would qualify as impressive in its own right. 4.75

Taste - Not bad for the style. Grainy but without the typical cardboard off characters you find often sits underneath the grain in similar beers.Light. 4.75

Mouthfeel - Smooth, Crisp. Light. Watery without being too bland. For the style anyway. 4.75

Overall - I'm really not a fan of Mexican beers, but this is the best in style I've probably ever had. Good for what it is. No off characters anywhere. I can't give it a perfect score even though I'm rating in style. It pains me to give any mexican lager a perfect score. But it probably does deserve it... in style. So at least for the overall score, I'll give it credit where credit is due. The best possible compliment I can pay this is to say that this is the only mexican beer I've ever had that doesn't compel me to add lime or salt to be able to enjoy it. 5

Cerveza from Marble Brewery