Roadkill Barleywine | Sweetwater Tavern & Brewery

Liked:
3.55/5
Alströms:

3.27/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

On tap:
Lovely Amber with tons of lacing on a long-sustaining off white head.

Nose caramel, burnt sugar, and a tingling of alcohol.

Taste is decent cold, but warmth brings out a fusel alcohol burn that affects the feel a little more than the taste. Similar to nose, burnt caramel, dark sugar sweetness. Very malty brew, doesn't attempt to bring much bitterness to the party. Rum soaked white raisins is one impression I get. I assumed this would tend English (vice American) and I think that's true.

Little sticky and an unhealthy burn when the alcohol flares up. As I write it seems more subdued again.

A little too much power of alcohol, intentional or not. A decently malty brew, though and I wavered between enjoyable and debateable.

3.83/5  rDev 0%