Side Arm Saison | Sweetwater Tavern & Brewery

Liked:
3.46/5
Alströms:

3.19/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.75

On tap at brewpub:
Pours a hazy light orangish gold. Decently sustaining head, with a nice web of lacing.

Nose has the Belgian yeast, but also reminds me of a Belgian Wit, initially. There's a little twinge of hay, but also a hint of orange.

Taste is quite similar to the nose, but is a little sweet. Though I think the beer tries to work towards more bitterness or dryness, the seeetness lingers. This ends up making the beer a more like a medium bodied beer, which I don't like for my saisons.

Ends up not being a beer I want when I want a saison. It's maybe a tad sweet, but does seem to have some blurry saison qualities. You aren't going to think it's a bad "beer," though you might fall into my thought that it's an "iffy saison."Might work well with food, but I'm unlikely to order it again.

3.73/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Side Arm Saison from Sweetwater Tavern & Brewery