Panic Attack Cafe Cubano

Year-round
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
Notes:
Reviews: 6 | Ratings: 12 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
bgillespie from New Jersey

3.33/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Poured into a pint glass.
Appearance: A deep hazy brown with a tan head and good retention. Visible sediment.
Smell: Smells like a coffee, exactly.
Taste: Huge coffee flavor and finishes with strong alcohol flavor.
Mouthfeel: Suprisingly smooth for the high alcohol content.
Overall: I do not like coffee taste, but love the smell, which skews my rating. Great for coffee lovers.

Feb 22, 2018
jjamadorphd from Florida

4.22/5  rDev +11.1%

My first offering from this brewer and now I gotta keep an eye out for more...

Being from Cuban decent, I was pulled into trying this from the label - and at first I had regretted, from the moment I poured this brew out. With the label touting "Cafe Cubano" I was expecting a darker almost black beer, instead of the weird orange colored liquid that poured out a very weak head (and no lacing to even mention.) Right off the bat I was turned off from this disappointment, but there it was in the pint glass so I pressed on.

The smell became an encouraging attribute, a light scent of Cuban coffee with a strong boozy odor allowed me to start to think this might not be as bad as I was starting to fear. The mouthfeel was spicy and considerably carbonated, but it was also very tangy on the tongue, it allowed me to overlook the carbonation. Though boozy the beer was definitely accessible and the flavor was a nice blend of a touch of Cuban coffee (light mind you) with a definite flavor of the 10% ABV - for me this was a surprisingly good mix (I wish I had picked up two of these.)

Overall, this is really a good brew - not much to look at, but the rest of it was impressive.

Mar 26, 2017
chinchill from South Carolina

3.71/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

12 oz bottle from JAX, FL..

A – clear copper colored body with a short but semi-durable tan head. Spotty lacing.

Aroma – good but not great coffee aroma. Some spices, alcohol and baked bread.

Flavor: engagingly complex, with a good balance between the coffee flavors and the base Belgian ale, although they don't play as well together as one might hope. Overly sweet up front. Partially hidden alcohol.

Feel – Full body is smooth. Medium-light carbonation.

Overall: worth trying.

Feb 18, 2017
Wlerik1 from District of Columbia

4.21/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Brown in color with an aroma of coffee. Has a very sweet full bodied flavor without being too sweet. Feels substantial and flavorful, yet smooth and creamy. Delightful taste and aftertaste with coffee and honey aftertaste.

Feb 13, 2017
mwilton from Florida

3.8/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Reddish brown color. Taste has a sweet champagne like feel with a slight aftertaste of coffee. The 10% abv leaves a slight burn In your mouth. Overall it was worth a try for something new.

Dec 04, 2016
cjgator3 from Florida

3.99/5  rDev +5%

12oz bottle poured into a snifter. Holy Mackerel Panic Attack Cafe Cubano is a Belgian strong ale with coffee added that provides a nice layer of depth and smoothness. Dangerously drinkable at 10% ABV.

Sep 30, 2016