Crown City Kolsch | Cortland Beer Company

Cortland Beer Company
New York, United States
cortlandbeer.com

Style: Kölsch

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by ledemie on 06-13-2008

Reviews by TheTrevor:
3.22/5  rDev 0%

My brother brought me a growler of this stuff straight from the people that make it. Apparently they're just starting out.

The beer poured a light golden color with a single-finger head. The smell is mostly citrus hops with a bit of the malt coming through. The taste started off with a pretty solid malt backbone with the hops coming through in the finish. Only problem is that there seems to be something off about the balance and the hops, maybe they're using hop extract instead of the real thing. The mouthfeel is moderately watery with a decent amount of carbonation. Drinkability's not too shabby, I didn't have any problem putting back the growler. An ambitious style to try for their first beer, I'll be keeping an eye out to see what they do in the future.

4.1/5  rDev 0%

L: nice deep gold, nice head.

S: very aromatic, grapefruit/pine, but mellowed out with a malt background, the balance give you a hoppy orange/pine then comes with a beer kolsch finish very interesting.

T: tasted good, very refreshing I do not know the ABV but I will guess in the 4.5%the beer tasted like a kolsch with a little more hops in it, I would say it had some dry hopping in the process, but the craft is good.

M: medium body

D: this is the beer for those summer outside tasks, very refreshing.very drinkable, I wonder when we will see a bottle of it, right now you can only found them on TAP or Growler.

Crown City Kolsch from Cortland Beer Company