D Coffee Stout | Bold City Brewery

None found.

4.21/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.65/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

While Bold City might not experiment with variety as much as its neighbors at Intuition, they certainly nailed this one. A fantastically rich coffee stout that they seriously need to consider bottling again in the near future.

4.68/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I saw this on tap at Brewers in Jacksonville. I always like to drink local so I decided to give this one a go. I always enjoy beers with coffee in them, so the match was ideal.

I must say, this is one of the best damn coffee stout/porter I have had. There was a Bells Java Stout in the fridge in the bottle at this place, and this beer was every bit as good as the Bells. Huge aroma of fresh coffee in this one (it is brewed with local coffee grounds), slight malt character.

Taste is of coffee but not too overwhelming. A perfect amount of coffee flavor mixed with stout/porter. Chewy and creamy. The coffee flavor is of espresso. Some nice alcohol flavor to it with a touch of dark fruits.

Again, one of the best coffee beers I have had. Gives any Founders or Bells beers a run for their money.

3.75/5  rDev -18.1%