Roxy's Finest Imperial Cream Ale | Bold City Brewery

Added by Evansbeer on 02-08-2013

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.78/5  rDev -12.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

4.46/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

When I saw the name Imperial Cream Ale, I thought two things, Cream Ale which is sweet, and IPA which is notably bitter. The combination of the two makes for a great balance of sweet and bitter. So tasty!

A: When poured it has a cream-soda like color, and a nice frothy head.

S: You can smell the cream notes, but also catch the hops. The mix of sweet/IPA is noticeable to the nose

T: It is sweet, and buttery, as well as a creamy flavor that resembles a cream soda.

M: It feels creamy in the mouth, and feels frothy and smooth.

O: I rate this beer a 4.5 because it could be better, but for the taste and price, its hard to beat!

I live in Jacksonville so I get first dibs on Bold City brews, so I added this beer. I hope others have the opportunity to try it!

4.53/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.25/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.25/5  rDev -25.1%