Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Single Malt Scotch Adam | Hair of the Dog Brewing Company / Brewery and Tasting Room

4.06/5
Exceptional

Hair of the Dog Brewing Company / Brewery and Tasting Room
Oregon, United States
hairofthedog.com

Style: Old Ale

Added by mabermud on 08-17-2014

Reviews by tufetuf:

I'm not sure what scotch this was aged on, but it's super smokey. If you've ever had Ardbeg 10 year, it's pretty close. After taking my first sip, I immediately wanted some manner of BBQ, and it paired pretty well with the brisket. Overall, if you like smokey beers, or scotch, it's delicious. I probably wouldn't get a full pour if I had the chance to get it again, because it is a bit of a palate wrecker, and made it a little difficult to fully appreciate the samples I was stealing from my sisters flight...

4.25/5  rDev +4.7%

Holy peat bomb! Nose is overwhelming but as a sipper in small qunatities it drinks like a mellowed Scotch / Beer hybrid.

4.25/5  rDev +4.7%

Nice and unique. Heavy on the scotch. Adamesque, with a very heavy scotch backbone.

3.75/5  rDev -7.6%

Single Malt Scotch Adam from Hair of the Dog Brewing Company / Brewery and Tasting Room