Fred | Hair of the Dog Brewing Company / Brewery and Tasting Room

Hair of the Dog Brewing Company / Brewery and Tasting Room
Oregon, United States
hairofthedog.com

Style: American Strong Ale

Fred was created to honor beer writer and historian Fred Eckhardt. It is made with aromatic and rye malts and includes 10 different hop varieties.

10% alcohol by volume
65 IBUs.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-13-1998

Ratings: 1,821 |  Reviews: 867
4.05/5  rDev -0.5%

First time having this one. A 12 oz. bottle marked Batch 81 I received as an extra in a trade. Poured into a Weyerbacher tulip...

A - Pours a very golden-yellow color. Even with what I thought was a soft pour, I got at least 3 fingers of fluffy eggshell white head. Nice soap like lacing here.

S - Very sweet malts - toffee and caramel like scents, and some honey up front. Slight citrus and a nice hop presence. Some slight spices and lighter fruits come out as well.

T - Candy sweetness along with caramel, toffee and honey. Apples, pear and grape come out next along with some hops (both pine and citrus). Some alcohol comes out as well, but just adds to the flavor profile.

M - Very smooth and velvety even with a higher carbonation. Medium bodied beer that coats the mouth quite nicely.

O - Pretty nice offering from HotD here. Was expecting to be blown away like I was with other HotD beers, but I wasn't. Still a really nice beer.

4.28/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Served at Memphis Taproom in Philly. 22 oz bottle poured into a tulip glass. It was probably way too hot outside to enjoy this (103 degrees) but I had to try it while I could.

A - I love the way this beer looks. murky burgundy brown color. tall moderately thick tan head, keeps it's size for a bit then lingers as a filmy ring. good webby lacing.

S - strong rich aromas. probably one of the richest aromas I've ever gotten off of a barleywine. strong toffee, brown sugar, caramel notes, really really sweet, I can already tell this beer is going to have a syrupy body from the sweetness alone. strong barley malts, make up a large portion of the nose has well.

T/M - more of the same flavors from the nose. strong, sweet flavors all around. sweet, caramel malts and barley. a combination of all sorts of dark fruits, toffee and brown sugar which add to the abundant sweetness. very light and hoppy bitterness on the backend and the signature barleywine rummy alcohol bite. sticky, syrupy mouthfeel which could have been amplified by the excessive heat. fuller bodied and light carbonation.

Overall this is one of the most flavorful barleywines I've had. I would really like to enjoy this in cooler weather, especially with it's warming body. The syrupy mouthfeel could be toned down but all-in-all I loved this beer.

3.95/5  rDev -2.9%

This was my first Hair of the Dog brew.

I aged this one for a year, so I guess I now need to try it fresh for comparison.

A: Innocent translucent golden color, with a slight reddish tint. The massive 1-1.5 mildly off-white nitro-esque head stayed a light peach fuzz on top of the brew.

S: Hoppy, candyland stuff! Huge malt bill, but the candy sugar takes center stage here. Sort of reminds me of Troegs "Flying Mouflan."

T: Surprisingly smooth, extremely sweet (but in a candy, luscious way), and even a bit of tartness in the mid palate. Not nearly as bitter as I thought it was going to be on the end... fairly straight-forward actually.

M: Sugar bomb for sure, thick, and with a mild carbonation prickle. The lacing was substantial.

O: You candy lovers are going to love it! I'd have it again, but I really need to be in the mood for it.

4.05/5  rDev -0.5%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a Bells tulip glass.

Batch number 81

A- Extremely carbonated, I did what the bottle said and poured slowly, a lot of good that did, 4 finger frothy white head that does not dissipate, once you get passed that this is a nice looking beer, nice lacing on the sides, clear bubbly appearance, golden yellow color.
S- The aroma is nice, sweet, malts, some citrus notes, spice, and caramel.
T- Big spice flavors coming out, sweet, some breadiness from the malts, interesting beer, some caramel and toffee comes out as well.
M- Light/Medium mouth feel, extremely carbonated, smooth and refreshing.
O- I had to wait a while for the head to settle which it never did, so I had to work my way through the foam before I could enjoy the beer. Overall pretty tasty, easy drinkability, the alcohol is present but does not take away from the experience.

3.96/5  rDev -2.7%

From the bottle in a SA perfect pint, because I have no HotD glassware...

Appearance - Rather than read the bottle I sloppily pour this bad boy into my pint generating a nice 9 finger head, great. Once the foam subdued the beer is a beautiful, hazy golden yellow, great carbonation, and a wonderful pillowy white head on top with some soapy lacing. Wonderful.

Smell- aromas of sweet malt and faint honey, with some hops in the background, nothing too crazy.

Taste - a sweet honey, treacle flavor hits the tongue in conjunction with sweet malts, floral hops come in at the end with some faint bitterness, this is a tasty beer.

Mouthfeel - nice carbonation and a smooth body. Tiniest bite of alcohol in the finish but hardly noticeable.

Overall - I had no idea this was a barleywine until looking at the info on BA, I figured it was an ASA. Regardless it is a delightful brew, almost refreshing given the ABV. Amongst my favorites from HotD.

3.79/5  rDev -6.9%

12oz bottle from batch 82. drank from my duvel tulip. this bottle was received in trade with azurescens. thanks!

A- the beer opened with a large hiss. i dont think lack of carbonation will be an issue here. immediately after starting to pour it out, the head rose out of control. a glowing golden colored body with orange highlights sits under a yellowish tan colored head that just wont quit. large globs of lacing are left behind.

S- toffee and caramel malts greet my nose right away. so does alcohol. some light fruits move in next. pine and grassy hops at the end.

T- the taste starts off with the caramel and toffee malts that i could smell which lays down a pretty sweet base. after that some light summer fruits move in. apples, pear, grape, and a little bit of orange and lemon. citric hops (grapefruit, orange, and maybe even a little pineapple) along with strong notes of pine at the end. just a touch of alcohol throughout.

M- the body is on the upper side of medium. the carbonation is much to high. moderate alcohol warmth.

O- i guess that too much carbonation is probably better than not enough. id like to try a bottle with the desired amount. id also like to grab some more of these to see how they are with some age on them. im not sure when this was brewed, but im guessing that batch 82 is one of the newest ones.

4.08/5  rDev +0.2%

My cellar continues to amaze me with what is down there! This is a Batch 55 bottle with Batch 78 currently on the shelf at Pinocchio's. This will be a pleasant start to the day (I hope).

From the bottle: "Hair of the Dog brewing company produces bottle conditioned beers which improve with age. We are dedicated to providing the beer lover with new and unusual beer styles. The sediment you see is normal to the bottle conditioned process. Pour slowly to allow sediment to remain in the bottle."; "Fred was created to honor beer writer and historian Fred Eckhardt. This Golden Special Ale incorporates ten hop varieties from five different countries. Through the use of aromatic and rye malts, the beer achieves a unique balance of flavor. We hope that Fred will inspire you to share your knowledge with others as Fred has with us."

Needless to say, I can read and follow directions, so I used a very gentle slow pour. It was testament to its carbonation that I actually briefly got some light-tan head before it faded to wisps. Color was a deep orangish-amber with NE-quality clarity. BUPGOO! Nose was richly malty, like toffee. Mouthfeel was very full, quite carbonated with an initial heat followed by a wash of malty sweetness, quite toffee-like. Finish was warming and sweet. My oh my. Just what I needed on a swelteringly hot day.

3.66/5  rDev -10.1%

Batch 82. Tulip glass.

Pours a medium gold with three fingers of beautiful, dense white foam. Good retention and pretty streaks of lace stick all over the glass. Very uncharacteristic for a barleywine. Smells like sweet orange and lemon, honey, apricot, mango, jasmine tea and some floral notes, nice spicy rye malt in the background. Very nice complexity; this has some of the characteristics you would expect from an IPA (orange, tropical fruit, floral) without the same hoppy kick. Definitely smells sweet, though. Dominant on the palate is straight up sugar and honey, some spicy rye, some bitter pineapple hoppiness, with a nice lingering sweetness. This tastes a fair bit less interesting than it smells; not one note, but not much more than two. Full bodied, mouth coating, medium carbonation. I'll echo what some past reviewers have said about this coating your lips. Overall, although there was a decent amount of complexity, for me the sugar just dominated the taste a little too much for me to enjoy this. A version with toned down sweetness would bring this to another level.

I found that this opens up a lot more at warmer temperatures; the sweetness is just too much even after 10-15 minutes out of the refrigerator. It's still sweet no matter what.

Poured into a Stone Nonic, bottle provided to me by Klym in a recent trip.

12oz all to myself,

A: Very cloudy orange juice with some squeezes of milky caramels. A thick 3 finger head hovers over the body, with extremely bead-like bubbles. Some of the oddest formations of lacing I've ever seen, looks like its written in some alien language. This glass is trying to tell me something about the future.

S: Complex sweet Mexican inspired spices on peach and mango flesh. A spicy like IPA character to this barley wine that reeks of Mexican influence. Tamarind sweetness with spoon fulls of coriander infused honeys. Brown sugar and agave nectar continue on the complexly sweet theme. Bright and enticing. A clean and light hop character is the subtle garnish on this beer.

T: Salty mango flesh with some tamarind pits. There's an unusual earthiness to the sweet tropical flavors that I can't quite pinpoint. Apricot sweetness with some gummied candy flavors added. The flavors honestly almost come off as artificial, but they aren't bad at all. A theme of orange-colored tropical fruits reigns supreme. Alcohol is blended well with the sweetness.

M: A very pleasantly fizzy mouth that wins me over sip after sip. There's a really frothy characteristic to this that's hard to explain. Reminds me a lot of a cream soda, which is shocking considering the style. Really airy and light, with a lighter mouth feel to compliment the unique fruity notes.

O: This one is quite the curve ball! But make no mistake, this pitch is a strike. The flavors are really quite interesting, and the mouth takes the flavors for a ride. Flavor sensations of gummies, spices fruit flesh, and frothy non-alcoholic beverages shine like stars in the sky. This would be a fascinating offering to age, I just don't know what you'd end up with. The alcohol is very well blended, but not missing. Quite good, and shows many indications that it could improve with time.

4.5/5  rDev +10.6%

12oz bottle into a tulip glass

Batch 78, not sure how old it is but guessing fairly newer

A- Pours a clear golden honey orange with no head at all just a nice white rim around the glass. Carbonation just streaming up from the bottom of the glass and some sexy legs on the side that stick around.

S- Sweet caramel malts and barley combined with a spicy, fruity, citrus hop presence that is standing strong. Can tell this ones at least six months old, the hops are fading and the malts are becoming more dominate. Has a really unique aroma, almost floral.

T- Wow. Up front you get sweet caramel and toffee from the malts and an almost candy sugar or molasses type flavor. On top of that as it graces your palate further a huge plethora of citrus tropical like fruits and darker fruits like raisins and plums come out and combine really nicely creating a puzzling complexity that I wasn't expecting. Probably the best part is after it goes down and your left with the mouth drying bitter hops and alcohol sting or fullness to really tie this beer together.

M- Medium bodied with moderate carbonation and a nice bitter dry finish.

Overall this is an amazing barley wine that I'm really grateful to have tried. It's so complex, refreshing, and full of surprises as you drink it. Wish this 12ozer was a 750! Also glad I held of drinking it for so long, I think the fading hops really brought out the true characters of this beer.

SkÅL!

4.13/5  rDev +1.5%

Poured into a snifter.

A: Translucent orange with a brown haze ntermingled. A spacious head almost getting one finger-- an unusually appearance for a barleywine.

S: Hoppiness, surprisingly, is pretty vigorous in the nose as well as sugar soaked dried cherries. Sweet and bitter, I'm again caught off guard considering the style.

T: Dang, this one is complex. Many fruits from all over the spectrum: cherries, figs, pineapple, orange, apple, grapes, etc. Everything blends together very well with lavender and some spices coming out with some strength later on in the taste. There is a ton going on in the flavor here and I'm not sure I can unfold most of it. A very sweet blend with some bitterness, spiciness, and even a savoriness to the finish.

M: Such a nice carbonation to accompany the complexity of this one. Very coating on the mouth and lips. I glanced at one of the last reviews and was surprised to see someone mention it coating the lips-- I've been licking my lips multiple times drinking this. Definitely a syrupy like stickiness that gets left over after the smooth run of the body, but I think it gives you a treasure hunt with your tongue rather than takes away from the quality of the beer.

O: This is definitely a huge departure from what I'm used to with barley wines. So much complex flavor makes this one worthy for any style. However, if I had one major criticism of this beer it would be that it departs the underlying style so much and instead goes into such an IPA-esque territory, I'm not sure if this doesn't make me just want to reach for a better 'ipa'. Whatever the case, if you like barley wines you need to get this-- it will surprise you.

4.03/5  rDev -1%

Batch 82. I think that's a recent bottling, as I saw some bottles on shelves with batch numbers in the high 70s.

Pours... all head. Literally, my entire glass was filled with fluffy white head, while about a quarter-inch of liquid rested at the bottom of the glass. Thinking this might be an artifact of the glass or my pour, I poured some very gently into another glass. Same thing happened. Crazy. Once it settled down, which took at least 5 minutes, it was a rather hazy golden color. That massive head is buoyant, cloud-like, and white, with tons of sticky lacing. Streams of carbonation all over the place.

Smell is super fruity and sweet, with some hops in the background. Tons of banana, pears, tart apples. Hops are hiding back there with the alcohol as a gentle pinch in the nostrils. I think I'm going to like this.

Taste is fruity, but a bit darker than the smell. Really interesting combination of all sorts of fruity flavors. I still get bananas, but these ones are over-ripe and dipped in honey. Big alcohol kick. A bit of bitterness, but it's present for only a moment before it's overpowered by a whole lot of honey sweetness that reasserts itself in the finish.

Mouthfeel is syrupy and sticky. I feel like my lips are coated in candy sugar... and beer. Very persistent finish. Strong alcohol warming - I can feel it running down to my stomach, similar to (but much gentler than) the burn of straight liquor.

Oof da, what a beer. Heavy, sweet, strong. It's a kick in the pants. Seriously fruity, but quite complex. The pour was a downer for me, as it took me several bouts to even get the whole bottle poured. But once I did, I thoroughly enjoyed it. A very sweet, very malty barleywine - not for the hopheads. But I like it.

4.15/5  rDev +2%

Snagged a bottle of this at my local place, one ofthe first beers I bought from there actually. This was something I had wanted to try since I enjoyed ADAM so much. The beer poured out as a nice hazy honey colored brew. It's not transparent at all. The beer looks to be pretty thick. The head it's pretty good to for a little while. The smell of the beer is strong with sweetness, boozy malts and a good dose of hop aromas too. The taste is sweet and has some elements of honey in there to me. There is a zesty hop bite in there as well. The flavors of maple I think are even coming through in the aftertaste. The mouthfeel of this beer is pretty heavy. It's got a nice oily body to it that coats the mouth and lingers for a long while. Overall I'd have to say this is my favorite HotD release yet.

4.3/5  rDev +5.7%

12oz bottle into a snifter, batch #77

Pours orange with a huge, white head that dissipates upon your first sip. Lots of bubbles dance up to the surface and an ever present sheet of foam graces the top of the beverage. Some heavy lacing as the brew is drank down. Excellent looking stuff.

The smell is invigorating. Tangerine zest, peaches and honey kiss your nose upon your first quaff of the brew. Followed up by lighter, sweeter specialty grains and caramel. A bit of alcohol boozeyness that can be compared to tequila once the beer warms.

The taste does not deviate from the smell too much. Fruity characteristics similar to tangerine and peaches greet you with a touch of sweetness similar to honey or rich raw cane sugars. A bit of breadyness compliments the sweetness. Awesome flavor.

Mouthfeel is moderately carbonated and mediumed body. A little sticky and definitely coating.

Overall, an excellent barleywine. Tons of sweet and fruity flavors. Something I wish I kept around more often. At 2-3 years old, this one is showing no signs of slowing down either.

Batch#79

Poured from 12oz. bottle into Founders snifter.

A: Holy head Batman! I poured extremely slowly because I've heard about the carbonation issues with HotD brews. Even with this slow tilted pour it produced a 3 finger head that rose slowly to a 4 finger head. It poured a nice dark apricot with yellowed edges. The bubbles flying around underneath the head are crazy. The retention is otherworldly and the lace is thick and heavy along the class.

S: Trying to fight through the head for smells is tough, but I'm picking up some nice caramel malts and some toffee. Some nice dark fruits, plums and dates, with a boozy back.

T: What a mix of flavors. The dark toffee and caramel malts are extremely present up front, then give way to those dark fruits I smelled earlier. The heat is more present in the taste and leaves a little trail down the throat. Some smooth bitterness finishes out the beer.

M: Very oily and creamy. Medium bodied. Leaves an oily film that coats the mouth with a nice mild sweetness. The carbonation is present, but not as prickly as I would have imagined.

O: Waiting for the head to die down was worth it. A very good brew. I really enjoyed the mouthfeel and the tastes and smell really blended nicely.

4.18/5  rDev +2.7%

Pours a slightly hazy, copper color. 6/4 inch head of an off-white color. Great retention and great lacing. Smells of alcohol, sweet malt, slight citrus, yeast, and slight bread. Fits the style of an American Barleywine. Mouth feel is sharp and crisp, with an average carbonation level. Tastes of alcohol, sweet malt, hint of roasted malt, slight citrus hops, slight yeast, and hint of bread. Overall, great appearance, good aroma, body, and blend.

4.27/5  rDev +4.9%

12oz bottle courtesy of bluebetty, huge thanks!

Golden colour with a touch of orange. Clear at first and cloudier the deeper you delve into the bottle. Nice white head of foam.

Real perfumey aroma. Apricot is present, so too some wood along with dried tropical fruits.

Nice hop presence all the way through, there, quite noticeable, but not over the top. Sweet as well.

Big bodied, really nice mouthfeel the way the hops hit from front to back of your tongue.

Overall not a traditional american barleywine, very unique aroma and taste profile. Easy to drink even with the big body. Interesting!

4.26/5  rDev +4.7%

12 oz bottle marked batch 81. Poured into a Portsmouth tulip.

A: After reading the previous review I was a bit wary of having a gusher on my hands. Luckily there was a proper hiss and no foaming. Much like my experience with Adam, this brew has an absolutely incredible head that forms rocky white caps that just do not go away. Great retention and tons of lacing. The color is golden with an amber/orange hue, beautiful.

S: I am hit in the face with a huge wave of hoppy goodness, herbal, floral, and citrusy. After the hops subside notes of biscuit malt, and toasty grain make an appearance along with some sugary sweetness. The more it warms I feel like the yeast has a bit of a Belgian character, displaying a peppery spiciness.

T: Where to begin? The hops are upfront, but not as pronounced as the nose. There is an intense wave of honey like sweetness (not cloying) that bursts forth with toasted bread in tow. The rye adds a very nice spicy component that helps balance the overall residual sweetness. It is not hard to imagine this beer aging extremely well

M: The feel of this beer is incredible. Rich and lush are the adjectives that come to mind. The rye has added an immense amount of body, stellar.

O: Hair of the Dog has really impressed me as of late. Why did I wait so long to get into their beers?!? This beer is great fresh (a bit sweet young) and has all of the components to be incredible after some time in the cellar. Cheers!

1.65/5  rDev -59.5%

12oz bottle poured into a Cantillon wine glass.

Batch 78.

To begin with: This beer is explosive. I poured a little bit of the beer gently into the glass and I was met with a rushing cloud of foam and carbonation. I had a half inch of liquid to 10-feet of foam. I literally had to scoop the foam out with a spoon to get it to a level where I could actually get a drinkable amount of beer into the glass. Their first beer I had from them was dead flat and this one's bursting with carbonation.

Anyway, onto the review.

A - After scooping out spoonful after spoonful of dense foam, I am left with about 2.5-fingers of incredibly thick, creamy head. This is the closest thing I've seen that resembles the head that Allagash beers get, but this one gets a little chunky at the top and doesn't budge. Even after sitting for almost a half hour, there's still carbonation and head sticking around on this, unfortunately as it's so thick I'd prefer if it went away. I find no faults with the body, however, as it is a beautiful amber gold with a lot of radiant glow to it. It's hazy, but it's easy to see the multitude of carbonation. The lacing benefits from the persistent head, as it coats it almost completely.

S - After taking my first smell of this, I can definitely tell this is off, as if the head and carbonation didn't give it away. It's full of tart green apples and is slightly sour. I can discern some yeast, malts, and bread, as well as some spices? The back has some citrus hops to it, but not much.

T - The flavors from this are just a mess in my opinion. From the tart notes, to the bready malts, to the overactive carbonation, this is a jumble of flavors that are not congruent at all. I am actually having a tough time picking out specific notes in this. Yeast, green apple, caramel, slight citrus hoppiness. All vying for pole position only to get blindsided by carbonation.

M - Mouthfeel is medium-bodied with too high carbonation. Again, this is the second Hair of the Dog beer I had in as many days that suffer from mouthfeel and carbonation problems. Adam was completely flat, and Fred is brimming with carbonation. Very awkward for the style and flavor profile and I can still feel it bubbling in my stomach.

D/O - Drinkability is low. I kept going back and forth on whether I should drain pour this, being conflicted that it might foam up and clog my drain and pipes, and then getting scared as to what is going to happen to my digestive tract. Eventually I lost the battle with this beer, getting knocked down by the yeast and carbonation, and then finally TKO'd by a surprising amount of sweet cloyingness that manages to rise from seemingly nowhere and assault me in the finish. Stay away unless you can get a guarantee you are getting a clean bottle, which from my now 0/2 track record from Hair of the Dog, makes me think it may be harder than it seems. Take out insurance.

4.08/5  rDev +0.2%

Thanks to nick717 for this bottle!

A: Dark yellow color with a HUGE off white head. Retention is phenomenal and lacing is just as good. Hazy.

S: The smell is quite amazing. You get the light biscuit malts note in this that blends pretty well with the white sugar like sweetness. You get dried peaches and pineapple, light figs and ripe mango in the smell. Some light butterscotch caramel. Light lemon zest and pine. Smells more like a hopped up BSPA than a barleywine IMO.

T: It also doesn't taste really like a barleywine, not even close to tasting like FFF Behemoth. It is quite sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. There is a kind of cherry nyquil kind of taste in this beer that I cannot deny while not being really "bad". Again, there are figs, dried peaches and dired pineapple, super sweet mango. Light butterscotch caramel. Light lemon and not much zest or pine.

M: Pretty big and very sticky. Medium carbonation.

O: That's a very solid beer. It's different from everything I had before but is still quite good.

4.3/5  rDev +5.7%

A: pours out an orangish straw color with a huge fluffy, white head.

S: it has a subtle sweetness to it. there is also the aroma of crisp, citrus hops. I get some straw and a bit of peppery spice. some orange, burnt sugar, and a touch of alcohol.

T: a lot of the aroma comes through. there is a bit of sweetness. i get orange, white pepper, light fruits, and some straw. there is a crisp hop bite and it finishes a touch bitter.

M: a medium body with a good amount of carb.

O: this is a great beer and i would drink this a lot if i lived in Portland.

4.22/5  rDev +3.7%

12oz poured into a snifter
Batch 79

Appears a hazy brownish orange with 1 finger head that recedes leaving sticky white lace.

Smells like sugary malt, cooked sugars, and rye malts. Sweet candied raisins and molasses. A subtle grassy/earthy hop aroma presents itself as the beer warms. First thing I notice from the initial sip is how incredibly silky smooth this beer is. Very low carbonation but medium-thin bodied. Lots of sugary malt flavor up front, followed closely by caramel sweet estery fruit, some honey and rye. A touch of spicy hops in the finish and another smattering of malty sweetness coats the mouth with slick oiliness. Very unique, doesn't really fit the classification of american barleywine but I don't think there is a style where this would fit.

4.62/5  rDev +13.5%

A very distinguishable beer that kept me guessing what it was exactly during a blind bag taste.

Good slightly cloudy and darker yellow look with a light coating of head).

Very smooth mouthfeel that goes right down.

Very banana like aroma jumps from the glass with a very similar taste to mimic its scent.

Overall a very deliciously sweet beer (like that of the juice straight out of a fruit).

3.68/5  rDev -9.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12oz bottle into snifter. From notes

A - Fantastic pour. Orange to light copper and amber. Super fluffy stark white head.

S - Sweet, brown sugar, candied sugar, regular sugar...you get the point. I do get some zest of lemon, butterscotch and rye.

T - See above. Very sweet, butterscotch, brown sugar mostly. The hint of lemon and oranges is there as well along with candied apricots. Very good

M - Sticky, medium fairly well balanced.

O - I enjoyed this beer except it was a touch too sweet for me, but still remained quite tasty. I continue to love HotD products.

3.27/5  rDev -19.7%

A: A very nice golden orange color with a small white that recedes quickly. Nicely carbonated.

S: Smells very sweet, I am getting hops and honey or maybe sugar.

T: Sweet just like the smell, with some hops on the back of the tongue.

M: A bit coating but not too much. Very nice.

O: This is pretty good. I was expecting something different but this definitely didn't let me down.

Fred from Hair of the Dog Brewing Company / Brewery and Tasting Room