Matt | Hair of the Dog Brewing Company / Brewery and Tasting Room

Hair of the Dog Brewing Company / Brewery and Tasting Room
Oregon, United States
hairofthedog.com

Style: American Strong Ale

Brewed using two Munich malts, two Smoked malts and two types of Belgian candy sugar. It was aged in 33 year old Bourbon barrels and Apple Eau de Vie barrels for about one year.

First release: February 2009 (a.k.a. 'Bottleworks X')
Second release: November 2010
Third release: October 2013

Added by msubulldog25 on 01-27-2009

Reviews: 238 | Ratings: 826
3.73/5  rDev -15.6%

Poured into a snifter. 2010 vintage. Big thanks to piclee for this.

2.0 A: Deep brown almost black color. Minimally carbonated and did not form a head.

4.0 S: Leathery bourbon and slightly boozy apple brandy are most noticeable. Bourbon adds tobacco and peat elements. Underneath there is fig, raisin, smoke, prune, and hints of chocolate. Caramel galore. The barrels give a subtle vanilla and a slightly more aggressive oak. Pretty good here, but a little subdued overall. Some more carbonation certainly would have helped.

3.5 T: The taste is much unlike the nose in that the flavors are INTENSE! Again, bourbon and apple brandy strike first, but this is definitely not a bourbon bomb (which I always appreciate since I'm one of a few people on here that like beer more than bourbon). Bourbon and brandy give leather, peat, tobacco, plenty of sweet but earthy apple, a pleasant vanilla, and moderate amounts of oak. Fairly boozy as the full 11.50% is realized. Again there's plenty of dark fruit: fig, plum, prune, raisin, and a bit of black currant. Ridiculously complex with tons of caramel. However, this beer has one fatal flaw that dropped the taste score quite a bit. It's distractingly sweet. The first sip almost knocked me on my ass. Toward the end of the glass, I'm starting to get used to it, but I'd rather really enjoy 12 oz instead of 3 or 4. I'm pretty sure this would still be a bit too sweet if it had carbonated the whole way, but who knows.

4.5 M: Full body. Even in spite of the lacking carbonation (there is a little bit), this is wonderful on the tongue. Rich and velvety, which is just what I what for a beer of this nature. Just the slightest bit chewy and fairly smooth given the booziness.

4.0 D: Good beer that could have been great. Great balance between the barrel components and the beer itself. While this wasn't totally flat, the lack of proper carbonation made the nose less impressive, the taste too sweet, and prevented the mouthfeel from being a perfect 5.0. I would easily want to drink this again with a hope of better carbonation.

Special thanks to Johndoe08 for cracking open a bottle of my namesake beer.

A- Pours a nice uniform dark brown with minimal carbonation.

S- Has a bit of smoke and liquor on the nose, but the biggest note I get is apples. Turns out this beer is aged in apple brandy barrels. Well, that explains that.

T- Deliciously complex. Complexly delicious. Barrel, apples, smoke, leather, chocolate, love, beauty, happiness.

M- Perfect. Just enough to allow all the flavor to present itself without being too thick or overbearing, not too thin to dilute any of the complex flavors rocking your world. Hooray!

O- I am proud that a beer that carries my name does not suck, and is in fact... actually pretty awesome. I'm glad I have more bottles to open on a special occasion. Fantastic beer.

4.44/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Bottle shared by a local yokel. Thanks Kyle for hitting a major want! 2010 edition.

Pours a flat crimson with some firey red highlights. Flacid looking evil.

Sweet and sugary apple brandy, rich dark fruits, figs, prunes, dates, and a smattering of nuttiness. Walnuts? Really complex and inviting. There's so much happening on the nose.

Flavor is quite luxurious as well. Apple brandy is front a center. Ice creamy booziness. Bourbon is tempered but present. Charred paper and smoke linger along the periphery and the dark fruits take a firm grip upon the proceedings. A big, rich, complex beer that I found myself greatly immersed in. Lack of any real heat makes this a stunner.

Mouthfeel is full, thick, supple, and decadent with little carbonation.

Overall: Hair of the Dog is a personal favorite and this does not disappoint. Given the price tag and relative rarity of this, I'd reach for Adam more frequently (my God I love that beer), but this is a real treat.

4.26/5  rDev -3.6%

2010 vintage served at Hair of the Dog Tasting Room. Poured into a Hair of the Dog tulip.

A: I've had some HotDog gushers before, but this beer was totally flat. A very dark color.

S: Definately a strong alcohol aroma. Not much else.

T: Simply put this is one of the most complex tasting flavorful beers that I have ever had. Caramel, Chocolate, Apples, Smoke. Incredible.

M: Not as hot as you might think, and not as thick either. Great mouthfeel.

O: I don't know how many of these you could drink or afford to drink. Totally worth seeking though. Quite unique.

3.18/5  rDev -28.1%

2009 Bottle

A: Poured a deep brown with very light carbonation, small dirty white cap with some bubbles

S: Dark fruits, toffee, caramel, chocolate, booze, Earth and wood

T: Had some dark fruits, booze, chocolate, sweetness, caramel, candy even, heavy smoke and faded bourbon

M: A full body beer that was flat as can be

O: Meh

4.57/5  rDev +3.4%

Now that I've had three of these I feel it's time to review it. All three have been almost the same experience.

Giving a vigorous pour into my HotD tulip only rustles up a whiff of bubbles that quickly fade to nothing. Leaving me with a obsidian dark liquid that refuse to allow light to pass even when held up to the light.

I can't get over the amazing aroma of this beer. Bourbon, caramel, vanilla, dried fruit and a wonderful smokiness all come across in a wonderful balance. I find myself sniffing this thing three times for each drink.

The bourbon and dried fruits are the first flavors to meet your palate and boy are they glorious. Next up is the caramel and vanilla which are nicely balanced and not overpowering. The final flavors to approach the palate are a bit of chocolate and some smokiness. Amazing is all that can be said. Wonderful flavors that take their turn on the the stage to put on a perfect performance.

I would say this is medium to full bodied with just the right amount of carbonation. If there were more carbonation you just might call the finish to this beer hot. But as it stands, the finish stings a bit but feels great.

Aside from maybe wanting a bit of a head on my beer, I find no real faults here. I would give this beer a perfect 5, but then Alan would have nothing to improve on. This beers lives up to it's hype and is well worth the effort to get ahold of.

Consumed on 03-17-2011

4.32/5  rDev -2.3%

Trying desperately to get caught up on all my hand written reviews, I found this little gem scribbled on a folded up piece of paper in my desk.

Making a somewhat random comment here but it applies to the appearance even though it plays no part in my scoring of this review. This beer was stored upside-down and on it's side during it's travels to me. When it arrived it was placed in my cellar for a couple months. When I finally opened the brew to share with some friends, stuck under the cap had a thick layering of yeast that looked exactly like mud. That was a first for me.

2010 year, 12oz bottle poured into a mini snifter. The brew appears strikingly dark, almost pitch black in color with a thin penline of head. A swirl stirs up bubbles which bunch up and collect around the rim of the glass. When held to the light, it shows some brown clarity around the edges.

The smell of this brew includes a pleasant smoked character, not quite pete'd but very enjoyable in a campfire sort of way. More smells reveal grainy sweetness like chocolate and fruity alcohol esters like plum and raisin with a touch of something apple-like. It includes a big booze factor with a light tangy to it.

The taste of this brew is big and boozy. There is a pleasant bitterness which seemingly comes more from the roasted quality of the grain instead of the hops. The pleasant smoked character found upfront in the nose makes it's way through the taste mid-palate. There is a contrasting flavor contradiction of residual sugary sweetness (which is faint) verse a fruited tangy booze aspect. The aftertaste includes notes of coffee and earthy qualities with a lasting bitterness.

This is a full bodied brew with a light, enjoyable level of carbonation. Big abv factor that does not attempt to be hidden. I forsee this brew becoming increasingly enjoyable as time passes. The alcohol at this point is very warming, fusel and seemingly evaporative on the tongue yet it is quite enjoyable. This brew was not at all what I expected but it was very enjoyable nonethelss.

4.51/5  rDev +2%

A huge thanks to Dajtai007 for sharing the bottle. This is at least the second time I have had this, I think both times are because of Daniel.

A: Pours a dark brown color. Almost opaque with a bit of ruby around the edges. A small beige head forms, and recedes in a second to nothing.
S: Huge malty aromas. Toasted caramel, light coffee and smoke as the base. A great apple and wood combo comes in next from the barrel. I love it.
T: Follows the nose with a great toasted malt flavor. A large sweetness, but balanced well with the wood flavors. Oak, and fruits. Apples, raisins, and cherries. Very much like sherry. Excellent.
M/D: A full body that is low on the carbonation. So smooth, velvety, and creamy. This is one of the easiest sippers that I have had in a long time. Just a treat.

An amazing beer. A great sipper, and so complex. Like a fine wine/sherry. I am so glad I got to try this again. Highly recommended.

4.62/5  rDev +4.5%

12oz bottle into snifter.
2010 vintage.

Pours a dark brown almost black, with a thin toffee color head that quickly dissipates to leave a very thin ring of bubbles around the glass.

The aroma is bourbon upfront with apple and dark fruit, and a faint tobacco.

The bourbon is a bit more blended with dark fruit and apple notes. There is subtle toffee and caramel, though a leathery tobacco profile keeps it from becoming too sweet. It also has some pleasant chocolate notes towards the finish.

Has smooth medium body with fairly low, but very appropriate carbonation. The body could be a bit more thick, though it still fits quite well.

What to say about this beer? It has reminded me why I love Hair of the Dog so much. Just a very complex and well done beer that I wish I had a lot more of.

4.42/5  rDev 0%

2009 Bottle

A: Deep brown, with hints of cherry wood red. Moderate dirty tan head.

S: Bourbon, apple brandy, vanilla, chocolate, oak, dark fruits. A bit subdued though.

T: All of the notes from the nose but with the intensity of a top notch brew.

M: Medium full bodied. Smooth with appropriate carbonation. Just the slightest bit of heat in the finish.

O: An interesting and complex brew with the double barrel treatment. I think its probably best fresh though.

4.69/5  rDev +6.1%

I still rate overall as drinkability, so bear that in mind.

A - Super dark cola, tan head stays for some time, some cling lace. Looks viscous and inviting.

S - WOW. A perfect blend of warm bread, booze, wood, cooked fruit and malt. I might cry.

T - All that and more. I am sobbing now.

M - Ok, almost perfect as well, but a little hot at the end. Hard to be that perfect :)

D - This is DRINKABILITY and not OVERALL. Overall I would have made it a 4.5, but as far as sessionability goes, way over the top and one is all I can handle.

This is now one of my ATF!

4.77/5  rDev +7.9%

12oz bottle, 2010 batch poured into snifter at Brouwer's on 4/14/11

A: Pours a very dark brown with no visible carbonation or head. Looks nice and thick with some dark red hues through the edges when swirled in my glass.

S: Big sweet bourbony and malty aromas, some apple and dark fruit as well, perhaps dates and some alcohol.

T: This is absolutely fantastic. Incredibly smooth, a hint of smokiness with smooth bourbon, dark fruit and sweet apple from the Eau de Vie barrels. Very little heat is detectable for an 11.5% barrel aged strong ale. The flavors combine ridiculously well with each other, this is a true masterpiece of a brew. Definitely way up there, one of my all time favorites.

M: Amazingly creamy and smooth. A slight tingle on my tongue from the little bit of carbonation that is in here. The slightly syrupy mouthfeel coats my entire mouth with tons of great flavors that linger for a very long time. Near perfect.

O: Incredible, so many great distinct flavors that combine in total harmony with one another. Every little sip goes a very long way, packing gobs of delicious flavors. Great warming feel in my stomach as I savor each sip. I love this beer. I would definitely drink a glass of this before going to sleep every night if I could. This is heaven in a glass, what more can be said? Please keep brewing this Alan, I want more!

4.3/5  rDev -2.7%

500th review. Big thanks to ipa247 (Jeff) for this one. 2010 2nd release version. Poured into a Darkness snifter. Shared with schen9303.

A: Standard pour yields a .5 finger off-white fine head with moderate retention that dissipates into a thick ring around the glass. Beer is an opaque dark brown. Lacing is spotty and patchy with moderate cling and nice legs. An attractive beer overall.

S: Nose is apple puree and brandy. Nutty backdrop. Caramel, toffee, and brown sugar. Aromatic, sweet and very complex.

T: Opens sweet apple brandy and brown sugar. Spicy cinnamon and nutty notes towards the middle with a moderate helping of booziness. Caramel and toffee come in towards the middle and end, further sweetening things. End is sweet brown sugar and some dark over-ripe fruit. Finish is spicy with a sweet, nutty, aftertaste. Very impressive. An oustandingly tasty beer.

M: Medium to full bodied and moderately carbonated. Slightly pricky and spicy in the mouth but goes down warm and smooth. Finish is sticky and messy with an aftertaste that lingers. Pleasant and spot on for its style.

O: Probably the best HotD beer that I've had to date, Matt is really impressive. Incredible taste and solid in every other aspect, this one is definitely worth seeking out.

4.02/5  rDev -9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

Waiting a long time to try this one. I have pretty high expectations.

In terms of appearance, this beer looks disgusting. No head, no lacing, no legs. Just dark brown oily grossness - distinctly reminiscent of the stuff that comes up in a nasogastric tube lavage during a small bowel obstruction.

Smell is good - booze, vanilla, oak, and nuttiness.

Taste is outstanding - sugar, vanilla, chocolate, and mild roasts. Good stuff.

Mouthfeel is very oily. Sort of weird.

The taste and smell were outstanding, but the appearance and mouthfeel were pretty poor. Overall, a good beer, but not something I would go crazy looking for in the future.

3.54/5  rDev -19.9%

12 ounce bottle split with airohead2001. 2010 version.

A: Dark, dark brown in color with almost no head. A vigorous pour yielded about 12 bubbles total. There's not even a crown after 1 minute.

S: The smell has a lot of caramel followed by a little cinnamon and a little apple. There's a touch of tobacco smokiness at the finish mixed with a little alcohol.

T: There's a lot going on in the flavor profile here. The start is quite sweet caramel apple. In a strange way the middle is a mix of brown sugar type sweetness and, barrel aging, and smoky malts impart a barbeque sauce style flavor in the middle. The finish lends itself more toward the smoked oak with some pear in there as well.

M: I would have liked a little more carbonation, The viscosity was appropriate.

O: Overall this is a very unique beer. I enjoyed the originality of it, but I'm doubt I will seek it out again.

4.42/5  rDev 0%

Bottle shared by Miketd. Thanks Mike for sharing this one! Pours black with no head. Aromas are complex with oak, vanilla, brown sugar, and some dark fruit. Heavy mouthfeel with little carbonation. Flavor is wood, wine, apple, candi sugar sweetness, licorice, and finishes with some alcohol. A very nice brew and worth the hype. Thanks Mike for sharing!

4.44/5  rDev +0.5%

Second batch, 2010, opened on March 24, 2011. I originally planned on holding onto this for some time since it was hot at a tasting in January, but I was lucky enough to receive a second as an extra from a very generous BA.

The color of fine wood, Matt pours a dark auburn or sienna with, as expected, almost no head or lacing.

A beautiful, decadent nose. Sweetened cocoa, molasses, and a tiny bit of smoked malts give way to bright green apple brandy, sherry, and whiskey. While the description is a mess, Matt isn't. It's rich and dark with wonderful green apple and dark fruit complementing all the best things about Adam - tobacco, earth, and sweet molasses.

Trying to describe this one is exhausting. It opens sweetly, with green apple and a stronger whiskey note on the front of the palate. Tons of toffee, molasses, and candied sugar join mid-palate, along with some balancing leathery maltiness and peat. Amazingly, Matt somehow manages to avoid being cloying, drying out mid-to-late palate. I remember this one being "hot," but, truth be told, it's warming without being distractingly boozy.

Low carbonation, sticky and syrupy, like a liqueur. It feels big.

What a beer, truly unlike any I've had before. This is probably my favorite barrel-aged HotD offering to date. It's not without its flaws, but it's a decadent beer fit for commemorating whatever you have worth commemorating. Truth be told, I struggled to finish the bottle - it's a bit cloying, rich and drinks hot enough to warrant splitting.

4.52/5  rDev +2.3%

This is the 2010 batch, about 4 or 5 months after release.

If I had to do a one-word review, it would be "complex." Of course, that doesn't say anything about how damn good this beer is, so thankfully I have the chance to expound.

Appearance: A dark reddish-brown that is translucent at the edges. Minimal caramel-colored head which dissipates after 10 minutes or so in my Delirium tulip.

The aroma on this beer is decadent. Vanilla and/or caramel are most readily apparent, but there's also fruitiness of the dried stone fruit variety, as well as a faint whiff of apples. The combination of barrels used gives a slight impression of caramel-covered apples. I had to knock a half-point off, though, because after taking a sip, the alcohol rears its head in the aroma with a strong solvent character.

The taste is less sweet than I expected from the aroma; there is a definite hop character in the aftertaste, but not much bitterness. Bitterness would have definitely been out-of-place in this beer. I think the alcohol cuts through any sweetness and helps to balance it, thus redeeming the occasional solvent aroma.

The taste is also where the smoked malts become evident, but just barely. I might be trying too hard to convince myself that I'm tasting smokiness, but I don't really think so. There is an apple character, too, but it's closer to apple skins than anything distinctly fruity.

The finish is remarkably clean, given the relatively viscous mouthfeel. Carbonation is just right, which is to say it is quite low. Not flat by any definition, but low.

Overall, this is one of my favorite beers of the last year or two. I actually do want another one, but I also don't want to be hungover tomorrow, so I will reluctantly abstain.

4.7/5  rDev +6.3%

Split a 12 oz bottle 3 ways, poured into red wine glasses. The bottleworks X batch. Reviewed evening of 3/20/2011.

Ar: Smoky, but more pleasant than other smoky beers (significantly less meaty), rich and dark, roasted spicy wood, pine smoke qualities, apple sweetness, smoked evergreen

Ap: beautiful maroon/mahogany brown, low head, clear

T: Smoked wood, slightly more meaty than aroma but still less than any other smoky beer i've had, sweet rich apple, heavy dark sweetness, spicy wood, milder at first, becomes stronger/much better with warmth, very smooth bourbon, full, difficult to review, everything works very well together and individual characters are tough to pick apart, chocolate, heavy dark fruit sugar, long aftertaste, pine/smoke milder than in aroma, not caramelly, lingering apple liquor, smooth and not cloying, smoke helps the balance, very smooth charred wood

M: Full, low carbonation, clean long end, rich and very smooth, well balanced, a great sipping beer

O: Delicious, i like the aroma better than the taste, i really like the evergreen smoke notes

3.76/5  rDev -14.9%

Bottleworks X February 2009

Pours flat, mahogany on the edges, opaque brownish black in the center with thin wisps of bubbles on top reminiscent of wood grain

Smells of smoke, hotdogs, cured meat. If I really reach I get vanilla, oak. Vanilla and apple come forward with warmth

Smoke, apples, vanilla, charred oak. Significantly better as it warms. Rich and sweet malt character, yet it finishes dry on the palate with just the charred barrel character lingering. Pretty complex.

Rich and velvety on the palate. Not too heavy. Minimal but acceptable carbonation.

This beer was pretty off putting to me initially, but as it came to room temp it really opened up. Tasty beer. I enjoyed the bottle of the new batch more. Not sure if it's the age or batch variation.

4.18/5  rDev -5.4%

Huge thanks go out to Knifestyles for hooking up this long sought-after want! 2010 bottle. Pours a cloudy dark brown color, almost black in the tulip glass with zero bubbles or lacing. This one looks flat. Amazing aroma. Loads of dark chocolate, fudge brownies, maple syrup, a touch of smokiness, and lots of dark fruit with a slight burn of alcohol in the nose. Wow, this is one of the best smelling brews I've come across. Taste is right on par with the aroma. Chocolate is front and center, then it's backed up by a syrupy maple-like sweetness, brown sugar, with maybe a touch of herbal hops on the finish, but there's no bitterness whatsoever. This is outrageously sweet, but damn, I like it. More fudge and a nutty, creamy finish. YUM! The only downfall of this beer is that it's completely flat. There was a slight hiss when I popped the cap, but there's really no carbonation which detracts from the creamy, silky mouthfeel. If this had bubbles, it would be an A+ winner all the way. The 11%+ alcohol is almost non-detectable, and well hidden. I sipped this one over the course of an hour and enjoyed every drop. Smells great, tastes great, but give me some carbonation!!

Thanks again, Chris!

4.79/5  rDev +8.4%

I'm reviewing both vintages of Matt in this review. Tasted both Matts side by side. First judged will be Matt (Bottleworks X.) Thanks to msubulldog25 for this gem. Shared with the La Crosse tasting group during our epic battle of the 12 ozers. Poured into a snifter:

A - Pours dark brown almost hard black. Hardly any carbonation. Very small lacing. Murky bubbles and slight clouds of foam in the middle.

S - Nice smokey smell and apple brandy. Really a nice boozy heat thats just awesome. Little bit of apples, cherries and caramel which are just delicious.

T - Really nice and sweet from a variety of apples. Bourbon and brandy that mix together very well and provide a nice heat. Reminds me of Adam but better (go figure.)

M - Really smooth and a bit hot but aging very nicely.

D - I found this one more brandy forward than bourbon forward. I really liked this one a lot, better than the new Matt. This one is aging really nicely and I'm so happy to have another bottle in my cellar.

4/5/5/4.5/4.5

Now reviewing 2010 Matt. Shared by brian23456. Thanks for providing this one to test side by side with the other Matt. Poured into snifter:

A - Way more carbonation. Color is quite like the Bottleworks X in that it is deep brown and black with nice hues or caramel brown around the edges. This one has a thin foam cap that dies to a foam ring around the edges. Lacing is pretty good.

S - Brown sugar, caramel and oak. More bourbon forward than brandy as seen in the 09. Nice heat bite from the barrel. A bit smokey and leathery, but awesome nonetheless.

T - Really creamy, caramel and brown sugar. The bourbon and brandy mix nicely together. Also getting a bit of smoke and leather, with a bit of apple and peat.

M - A bit thicker than the 09. Creamy carbonation. Heat but not hot from the booze.

D - This one was more bourbon forward than brandy forward. I was impressed at the level of carbonation in this but still liked the 09 a little bit better. Great beers to try side by side (you'd be amazed at the difference.) Wonderful brews and a great treat.

4.5/5/5/4.5/4.5

3.85/5  rDev -12.9%

2009 Bottleworks bottling.

A-Pours dark maple syrup/ruby port color, with almost no head. Some big brown bubbles, no lacing.

S-Bourbon, vanilla, a touch of apple cider vinegar acidity, cotton candy, astringent booziness.

T/M-Thin and boozy, with almost no carbonation. Tons of bourbon character up front, with notes of cocoa powder and marzipan. Gets fairly boozy mid-palate, and finishes hot. This could use a little bit of carbonation.

D-The depth of flavor is there, but it's too boozy. Hurts the drinkability considerably, though this is still something everyone should try. I get the impression this is better fresh.

2.47/5  rDev -44.1%

Just opened my Bottlewrks X Matt - about 2 years old now.

A - looks great. Pours dark, nice bubbly head, not lacing, but still looks great.

S - wow, from a foot away, this beers is noticeable. Very strong bourbon smell in the nose. Dark fruits, and burnt sugar finish the wiff, pleasantly.

T - The fruity sweetness is rather overpowering. Tastes a little past it's prime. The oak is noticeable, but the fruit flavors dominate, like dark plum. I'm a little disappointed, with such a great smelling beer, I expected more. It's not a good tasting beer. It's terrible. It could be improperly aged, it could in fact just not age well, or just be a bad beer. I don't know which of the above, I just know it was not good.

M - very thin. Could use more carbonation, and body. For Barrel Aged beers, this is the low end of the spectrum for mouthfeel. It's a shame.

D - ah, not that good. The beer is a tease. It smells so good and inviting. The taste is just a fruity mess. It's overly sweet, and not enough barrel to help balance it out. The beer was practically a drainpour, but I can manage a 4 ounce serving.

O - well, I'm glad to say I have ticked this bad boy, and the Bottleworks version of it at that. I just expected more from it. People talk up a lot of beers, and this just adds to the list of disappointments. Oh well, it was worth trying.

4.45/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Vintage 2010

A - Pours mud brown with almost not head at all.

S - Alcohol, Chocolate, raisin, slight smoke presence and hints of vanilla.

T - Follows the noise Chocolate, Dark Fruits that transition into a appley character, alcohol is definitely evident

M - thin/medium bodied