Abbey Ale | Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States

3.2

Reviews by Bighuge:
3.2/5  rDev 0%

1/2 gallon growler.

Dulled copper appearance. Thin off white head leaves sagging splotches of lace. Aromas of rich malt mix with fruits like apple and pear to form a very pleasing nose. A little caramel and molasses surface as well. The fruity tones from the nose come through on the palate as well, with apple and pear being the most evident. Some rich maltiness as well. Some spicy, clove-like characteristics come and go with little flair. The mouthfeel is kind of flat. This beer was poured from tap into my growler exactly 3 days ago. So it hasn't been sitting too long. I wish I would've sampled it at the bar so I knew if this is how it came out of the tap. But anyway, there's not much spark to the mouthfeel. The body is about light-medium and with the low amount of CO2, it feels a little watery in the mouth.

This is my least favorite beer from a brewpub that has impressed me to date otherwise.

Abbey Ale from Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co.