Julius Echter Hefe-Weissbier Hell | Würzburger Hofbräu AG

wuerzburger-hofbraeu.de

Style: Hefeweizen

Added by Bierman9 on 07-03-2001

4.1

Love the taste. Excellence of cloudiness. One of the best.

Qualifications: Best drank on a warm day with lemon wedge.

This is one of my all-time favorite beers. Taking a sip transports me back to Munich, Germany and some of the beer gardens I visited. Reliable, good German beer. The beer is light, but not overly light with some complexity. The lemon accentuates the slight bitterness. Enjoy.

4.94/5  rDev +23.5%

To me, this is the best Hefeweizen I can buy in my area...besides Weihenstephaner....which I die an occasional bottle or two with my Julius....The best thing about imported Hefeweizen, is that it's bottled condition...so you don't get that Heineken skunk taste....it's very smooth and I find each sip to be a sweet pleasure...I did prefer Tucor Weizen...however, it's seemed to have disappeared from the Massachusetts area....but you can still get a 4-Pack of Tucher Weizen Hefe glasses...that when I use one...the beer seems to quickly disappear....I disagree with how low it's rated...under American Micro turned Macro breweries that do not brew in the centuries old Reinheitsgbot tradition and ruin any type of Hefeweizen flavor, by adding barrels of Lemon and Citrius flavoring...It actually shocked that the people here would not rate it up in the #1 or #2 spot, alongside Weihenstephaner...Enjoy, safely..but in large quantities!!...Cheers!...Riv

4.93/5  rDev +23.3%

4.92/5  rDev +23%

Had at the Huttenbar in Chicago, IL

Poured into a Julius Echter vase as a hazy straw color with a huge, pillowy, dirty white, rocky head.

Big aroma of cloves, banana, hints of bread and fresh cream, with a taste that followed that almost exactly, with the addition of a citric zap towards the finish. Big, rich mouthfeel, which, despite the highly carbonated appearance, goes down so incredibly smoothly, and quickly if you aren't careful. Wonderfully refreshing, this would be perfect for a lazy summer afternoon.

I don't tend to like Hefe's as well as other styles, as the wheatiness reminds me too much of bread sometimes, but this is quite possibly the most perfect, in my mind, example of what a Hefeweizen should be: refreshing, crisp, and way too easy to drink. I really wish we could get it in KC.

4.9/5  rDev +22.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

500ml bottle in a glass. Orange, amber in color with a thin head that dissipates quickly. Smells like banana. Very smooth taste, reminiscent of a Hoegaarden, but more full bodied with a few fruit notes thrown in. Highly recommended.

4.89/5  rDev +22.3%

Great beer. I tasted 12 like this one to find it. I used to get it by the case from Don. At the casino bar. In La Crosse, Wi. And share with my friends. Looks Golden clouded, Smells Great banana and A little fruit orange. Taste, Smooth and one of the best I have tried. Feels Great. I put 3 grains of long cook rice in it. I called the brewery to get some. And yes the Dean of University was behind the making of it.

4.85/5  rDev +21.3%

Served in a 500ml bottle. Poured a light golden honey with a decent head. I love the smell of wheat beers and this one has a great smell. The mouthfeel was excellent and the taste was exceptional. This is one of my favorite beers and will continue to be a big player in my bar fridge. Highly recommend.

4.85/5  rDev +21.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This beer was so damn good

4.84/5  rDev +21%