The Junction

Your Rating: None
3 Ratings

Type: Bar, Eatery

110 Dorchester St
Boston, Massachusetts, 02127-2201
United States

(617) 268-6429 | map

No notes at this time.

Added by RixBeer on 06-29-2008

View: Place Reviews
User Ratings & Reviews
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters
Ratings: 3 |  Reviews: 2
Photo of costanzo_mike
4/5  rDev -3.4%
vibe: 4 | quality: 4 | service: 4 | selection: 4 | food: 4

Photo of SebD
4.2/5  rDev +1.4%
vibe: 4.5 | quality: 4 | service: 4 | selection: 4.5 | food: 4.25

Atmosphere: This place is very inviting. It has a very mellow pub-style environment. There was live music (and there is almost every night) witch is always great for a musician/beer geek. All the beers are listed on a black board over the bar and also included in the menu.

Service: The waitress we had was knowledgeable and provided us with good service all night.

Selection: This bar offers a very great selection of American brews with a few great Belgian and Canadian beers. The selection on Tap was nothing too exiting but the bottle selection was fairly extensive. They have alot of great American beers on offer as well as some St. Bernardus and Unibroue. The Racer 5 IPA I had was really fresh.

Food and value: The wings I had were quite delicious and the prices were very reasonable. As for the beer, the prices were very average. This is definitely a good place to visit if you're in Boston and looking to grab something to eat, have a few beers and enjoy some live entertainment.

 996 characters

Photo of RixBeer
4.22/5  rDev +1.9%
vibe: 4 | quality: 4 | service: 4.5 | selection: 4 | food: 5

This is the only place that I know of in South Boston with any sort of real beer selection. This little Southie bar packs a punch and a good time. Mixing a standard bar with higher end beers, better liquor and much better food. The old stand-bys are there but they also carry (in no particular order) Hoegaarden, Boddington's, Magic Hat #9, Victory Hop Devil, Unibroue La Fin Du Monde, Chimay Blue, Chimay Red, Oskar Blues Gordon's [in the can], Allagash White, Sam Smith Oatmeal, Boulder Hazed & Infused, Delirium Tremens, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Orkney Skull Splitter, Stone Arrogant Bastard, North Coast Pranqster, St.Bernardus ABT 12, Bear Republic, Bear Racer 5, [and on draft they carry] Boulder Mojo, Bluemoon, Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale (a favorite of mine), Harpoon IPA, Stella Artois, Sam Adams Lager, Sam Adams seasonal (currently summer), Bass Ale and Guinness. And of course the have all the light beers, mexican beers and other required tasteless sh!te that's required of most bars to keep the lights on (yeah ok). The glassware is sometimes wrong but it's clean and given to you with a smile. If you know the glassware, just ask and that's how it'll be brought to you.

They have some great food! The burgers are 100% delicious! They have some great steak tips and the paddy melt is amazing! Be careful of the boneless buffalo wings, they can burn if you don't use enough blue cheese! I haven't had them but I hear the drunken mussels are really good too. Most of the food out of that kitchen say 80% of the time is incredible, the other 20% it's still really good! It's too bad they took the teriyaki pork meatballs off the menu, those were awesome! If you're in southie [for whatever reason], make sure this is a stop on your list! you won't regret the beer, food or the view!


 1,803 characters

The Junction in Boston, MA
Place rating: 4.14 out of 5 with 3 ratings
  • About Us

    Founded in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

    Learn More
  • Our Community

    Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

    Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

    Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.