Ryes And Shine | Outer Banks Brewing Station

Outer Banks Brewing Station
North Carolina, United States
obbrewing.com

Style: Rye Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by MuddyFeet on 11-12-2007

Liked:
3.24/5
Alströms:

Reviews by MuddyFeet:
3.23/5  rDev 0%

Amber ale brewed with plenty of rye. I consider this a rye beer because of the distinctive flavor of the rye is very apparent in a beer styled as an amber.

Pours a classic amber color. Thick white head that dissolved to a rotating film. Stringy lace that slowly drooled its way down the inside of the glass. Nose is subtle and I can barely catch a whiff of much and just barely some rye.

Flavor is definitely an amber base with a solid malty sweet base. However, there is enough of a rye presence to pull this style into a hybrid status and likely more of a rye beer in my opinion. However, the flavors don't really jump out to me and are all a bit understated, I wish the rye was a bit more pronounced. Light to medium mouthfeel and not the least bit cloying. Still drinkable because it is so light and would be quite nice on a hot night.

3.25/5  rDev 0%