Horny Goat Hopped Up And Horny | Horny Goat Brewing Co.

Horny Goat Hopped Up And HornyHorny Goat Hopped Up And Horny

Added by KarlHungus on 04-21-2009

3.25/5  rDev +6.2%

3.75/5  rDev +22.5%

2.75/5  rDev -10.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

Picked this up on a humorous whim; not glad that I did. It pours okay with a pilsnery appearance; light golden amber with a frothy white head and little lacing. Everything after that lacks. The nose is light and smells of artificial lemon and stale iced tea; like a poorly made Arnold Palmer. The flavor is the same. Stale and boring. I don't know the age of this bottle but I sure hope its an old pour and that this isn't what the brewer intended. Avoid wasting your money on this humorous but disappointing offering.

2.82/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

12 ounce bottle -> snifter

A - cloudy medium gold with virtually no head, no retention, and no lacing. Lots of sediment can be observed in the bottom of the bottle.

S - fruity nose. Very weak

T - caramel malts with piney metallic finish. Not real good. Tastes like it has been strained through a urinal cake.

M - bad aftertaste

O - <meh> I saw this at a bottle shop in Birmingham and had never heard of it. The adventure side of me decided to take a chance. I bought a sixer. I rolled the dice and I lost. What a shitty beer. I'd rather drink a Budweiser. I have a feeling my not too picky friends will be getting gift bottles very soon.

1.55/5  rDev -49.3%

1.32/5  rDev -56.9%

Probably the worst beer I've had as of recent. I got it in a make your own 6 pack from Wal-Mart here in town. It just tasted dusty and skanky. It may have been expired, but I really try to check that before I buy any beers. Color was fine, but everything else about this beer just stunk, literally.

2.7/5  rDev -11.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Description:
A - The head did not stay long and was not thick 1/4 to 1/2 in.
S - It smelled bland but nice.
T -without food - boring and dank -- with food - delighful (still a little low on hops - but the dankness was no longer as present).
M- light
O - I have only begun to enjoy IPA's but of the ones I have tried, this is one the worst.
Albeit, not bad at all, just not outstanding. It tastes a little low on hops and a little high on "dankness" for an IPA.

EDIT:
I tried this alone at first and it was boring and a too dank; however, with chips (American) it was delightful.

TAKEAWAYs
1) Dank to decent IPA
2) If you don't like it try it with food.

3.5/5  rDev +14.4%

Horny Goat Hopped Up And Horny from Horny Goat Brewing Co.