Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

(512) Brewing Company
Texas, United States
512brewing.com

Style: American IPA

(512) India Pale Ale is a big, aggressively dry-hopped American IPA with smooth bitterness (~65 IBU) balanced by medium maltiness. Organic 2-row malted barley, loads of hops, and great Austin water create an ale with apricot and vanilla aromatics that lure you in for more.

Added by wagenvolks on 07-04-2008

Poured with a nice head and orange hazy color. Aroma had a fruit hop character. The finish was more than just your typical piney IPA finish. More citrusy, light fruit hops...which gives it its uniqueness and makes it a favorite.

This is definitely one of my favorite IPA's and one I highly recommend on tap.

Incredible IPA that is hard to compare to anything.

The cask is also sweeet!

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

4.85/5  rDev +19.2%

This is my all time favorite IPA. Hands down. I am so proud that it is coming out of my hometown. I am just bummed out they aren't bottling this yet. I need to be able to drink this at home, take this with me on trips and ship it to my beer nerd friends.

I've had this at tons of bars all around town and even at the brewery. Consistently good.

Appearance: A beautiful hazy golden orange hue which radiates from the glass like the contents of the pulp fiction briefcase.

Aroma: Citrus, grass and beautiful Rio Star grapefruit.

Taste: Not at all light on the hop end. It's big and bitter with not too much citrus/grapefruit (which I think ruins a lot of IPA's). I'm guessing cascade hops, would love to know what(else) they're using. Wonderfully complex. Some great pine and grassy flavors. Creamy and inviting. Nice dry finish

Mouthfeel: Beautifully effervescent, a well balanced beer, not too weighty and not at all thin.

Overall: Perfect. If only they made a session version which I could drink all day. My standby beer at bars around town. I have been drinking this since it first hit the taps and am not tiring of it whatsoever. The one beer to seek out for you out of towners!

(512) IPA from (512) Brewing Company