(512) THREE | (512) Brewing Company

(512) Brewing Company
Texas, United States
512brewing.com

Style: Tripel

For our 3rd Anniversary release we knew we had to pull out all the stops. Please welcome to the family… (512) THREE Belgian Style Tripel! Brewed in the spirit of the abbey ales of Belgium, (512) THREE pours a deep golden with a dense, creamy white head. The authentic Belgian yeast strain produces a complex, spicy palate that balances ripe fruity esters with bready malts and firm but subtle hops. Our house-made liquid invert sugar contributes an effervescent mouthfeel that finishes smooth and silky but enticingly dry, barely betraying its nearly 9.5% ABV/VOL!

Added by Mora2000 on 10-13-2011

Reviews by Dwtucker90:
4.75/5  rDev +17.3%

4.25/5  rDev +4.9%

3.78/5  rDev -6.7%

On tap at the Flying Saucer in Fort Worth.

The beer pours a slightly hazy golden color with a large white head. The aroma is wheat and grain with some Belgian yeast notes mixed in. I also get a little orange citrus in the aroma.

The flavor is a mix of wheat, biscuit malt and grain with some banana and spice notes. I also get a little bit of citrus and some Belgian yeast. The alcohol is noticeable but not overwhelming.

Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

4.64/5  rDev +14.6%

4.02/5  rDev -0.7%

Had this on tap at the Holy Grail after work. Good beer selection and good food. The THREE is very (512). Solid beer that's hard to complain about. I'm not sure that I'd clamor for them to make this again, but I'd order it over a lot of beers if it was around.

The beer is a hazy straw color. I always have a hard time judging a beer unless I pour it myself... Still, this doesn't stand out to me in any way.

The nose is banana upon first whiff. Much more than I expected. Further approaches find some booze, wheat and black pepper. I'd call it solidly bold.

The taste is banana, but that's matched by an aggressive wheat/straw flavor. The spices come last and round out the beer. The spices are clove and pepper according to my palate.

The THREE is very drinkable and solid. Let's leave it at that.

Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +11.1%

You had this beer. Write a review.

3.5/5  rDev -13.6%

Cloudy straw colored pour with lots of carbonation and minimal head. Very yeasty flavor upfront. Cloves and banana are the first flavors that hit. Has some lemon and grainy bread in the medium body as well. Finishes a little sweet and has some yeasty flavors in the aftertaste. Really nice tripel.

(512) THREE from (512) Brewing Company