(512) THREE | (512) Brewing Company

(512) Brewing Company
Texas, United States
512brewing.com

Style: Tripel

For our 3rd Anniversary release we knew we had to pull out all the stops. Please welcome to the family… (512) THREE Belgian Style Tripel! Brewed in the spirit of the abbey ales of Belgium, (512) THREE pours a deep golden with a dense, creamy white head. The authentic Belgian yeast strain produces a complex, spicy palate that balances ripe fruity esters with bready malts and firm but subtle hops. Our house-made liquid invert sugar contributes an effervescent mouthfeel that finishes smooth and silky but enticingly dry, barely betraying its nearly 9.5% ABV/VOL!

Added by Mora2000 on 10-13-2011

3.25/5  rDev -19.8%

3.62/5  rDev -10.6%

This beer can be drank on tap or through the bottle. It has a clear dull golden color and is highly carbonated. It has a sweet smell with a caramel taste/malty taste. Overall this beer has a full body with a dry aftertaste. Good warm weather beer!!!!

3.69/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

DISCLAIMER* I've only recently begun seeking out new and different craft beers, ,so I'm not an expert, at all...

I found this beer at Craft & Growler in Dallas, TX. The bartender recommended I add this to my flight, which consisted of Dogfish Head Bitches Brew, Deep Ellum Wealth & Taste, and Community Mosaic. He assured me that if I enjoyed Dogfish Head and Wealth & Taste that this would be a great choice for a lighter beer (not as dark as Bitches Brew or W&T), but would carry some power.

I completed my flight (four 5 oz glasses of each), and I was really impressed by the taste of the 512 beer. It goes down smoothly, but there's a hoppieness to it, so you know you're drinking beer. I'm not 100% sure what a Trippel is, but I've had a few other varieties, and they were more pungent. This was very pleasurable.

Ultimately, ,when I left the establishment, I decided to go home with a growler. Between the 512 and Dogfish Head's Bitches Brew, it would be a hard choice -- except for the fact that the Dogfish Head was nearly 3X the price.. and, although very tasty, wasn't particularly more memorable than this one... I didn't get the Wealth & Taste because it's very very flavorful, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to drink all of it in 48 hours.

So, yeah.. I highly recommend!

3.72/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

A: After two days in my 16 oz growler, this pours a nice, slightly hazy copper-orange. Perhaps the two days got rid of the carbonation, for there's not much here.

S: Coriander, orange peel, banana, and Belgian yeast create a nice aroma.

T: Dried banana, butterscotch, and a slight herbal tinge. Pretty nice.

M: Pretty full-bodied and creamy, this is a really drinkable brew.

O: This is pretty solid. I will be trying it again a bit fresher, and I bet it will only improve.

(512) THREE from (512) Brewing Company