Augustiner Bräu Märzen Bier | Augustiner Bräu - Kloster Mülln

Augustiner Bräu - Kloster Mülln
Austria
augustinerbier.at

Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest

Our Märzen Beer is highly appreciated and popular far beyond the borders of Salzburg, and is characterised by its typical flavour.

Its production uses Stadlau Pilsen and Kara-Extra-Hell malts, as well as Hallertau-Spalt-Select aromatic hops by Barth & Sohn, Nuremberg, to give the Märzen Beer its unique touch.

Added by brewdlyhooked13 on 10-12-2002

Liked:
4.37/5
Alströms:

It was ze greatest beer in all ze deutschlands!

I lived in Salzburg for a year and drank this beer weekly. There are no ways to fully do it justice with mere words. It is the perfect beer. You can drink it for hours and enjoy each sip as much as the first. It really doesn't fall into any specific category other an liquid perfection. Its thick and labrynthlike in its complexity but without any airs of snobbery. It is simply a beer brewed for everyone by absolute masters of the craft.

Absolute perfection. Had five liters straight from the wood barrel that the workers tapped in front of me with the large mallet. I made sure to put my stoneware stein under the ice cold water fountain to cool it off before I got my pour. Old monk recipe with the brewery attached to the monastery and a wonderful atmosphere indoors in the bier hall or outside in the biergarten. My best beer experience to date and that is saying a lot. My wife and I packed a 12 pack of their bottles to bring home and enjoy. They only distribute locally in Salzburg which makes it a great reason to venture there if you are ever abroad.

There is not much to say about this beer, only that it is the greatest beer in the world. It is worth a special trip to Salzburg just to try it.

Truly legendary.

Probably one of the most perfect beers to be consumed in one of the best monasteries/brewhouses/biergartens in the world. You need no other reason to visit Salzburg other than to drink this beer at the source.

This beer is amazing, the best Weisse I tasted, i've had both tap and bottled, the tap beer I like the most, the bottled one is a little more hoppy, but both are light and refreshing with small hints of banana or even orange zest, it's almost addictive! I even have the picture of the brewery on the profile picture :)

If you are in Salzburg, Austria you can't miss Augustiner Braustubl especially in the summer!

4.92/5  rDev +12.6%

4.75/5  rDev +8.7%

Great beer! I had this whilst we were in Salzburg. It was served in 1 ltr (or 0.5 liter) ceramic stein. This made it hard to notice the color of the brew, but it did not matter much, because the smell, head, taste and experience of having a stein is unbelievable. My favorite memory of drinking a beer(s). I had 2 steins, before we had to go.

A: Good thick head that stuck around. Gold colored.
S: Malt, honey, heaven.
T: Exceptional honey smooth flavor.
M: Medium bodied, lovely.
D: Very high, I could guzzle it all day.

4.75/5  rDev +8.7%

4.73/5  rDev +8.2%

An exceptional beer and an exceptional beer experience. I can't wait 'til I've an opportunity to return to the Augustinerbrau beer hall and enjoy another mug of their excellent beer. Next time maybe I'll be lucky enough to catch one of thier seasonals as well!

4.63/5  rDev +5.9%

Drinking this beer from oak barrels, served by gravity at the Brewery one of the best beer-related experiences I have had.

After personally rinsing the krug in the water fountains provided, it was handed to the barman for an expert pour from the barrel. The beer was poured at high speed (gravity) and the head spilled over the side - a good sight indeed. I'm not even sure what colour this beer was, but I figure it is a kind of a dull yellow colour - as it is a Marzen.

An overwhelming sense of freshness prevails and this beer is way too drinkable. I noticed a lack of hop flavour, which suits me fine. A buttery sweet characteristic is also present, and a mild carbonation due to the fact it was served by gravity (this is not a drawback).

4.56/5  rDev +4.3%