Chocolate Cherry Stout | Capitol City Brewing Company

Capitol City Brewing Company
United States
capcitybrew.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Dreadnaught33 on 01-06-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
2.47/5  rDev n/a

Had this on cask at cap city brewing in shirlington, VA. I was underwhelmed by this beer, it's very thin and watery with barely any aroma.

The beer pours a dark brown with a great fluffy head to it. Leaves some lacing. It's seems like they forgot to think about aroma with this, I barely get anything when I stick my nose in it, just casual flutters of fudge and some cherry coke. Maybe some regular barley smells.

Taste isn't much better, but there is definitely some cherry and a little bit of bitter bakers chocolate, I'm kind of reminded of aromatic bitters. The feel is very thin and sudsy but in a bad way for a stout.

I'm not sure any BA should order this, be careful!

Chocolate Cherry Stout from Capitol City Brewing Company