Rye Baby Ale | Capitol City Brewing

Capitol City Brewing
Virginia, United States
capcitybrew.com

Style: Rye Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Spring

Added by on 05-07-2009

Reviews by sarahspat:
2.96/5  rDev 0%

Was served to me with about 1/8 inch off white head. The liquid was very clear, effervescent and amber. Two small threads of lacing showed up.

The nose is not impressive at all. Pretty much like a BMC. Corny; no complexity.

There is a small rye spice kick up front. Toasted malt then takes the lead and remains the most prominent flavor. It's not bad overall, but not really good. My biggest complaint about Rye Baby is that it's utterly unremarkable. It's too bland and unexciting. And not at all what I was expecting of a rye beer (one of my favorite kinds of beer). This is not even in the same league as Founders' Red's Rye.

It is light bodied and pretty drinkable with a very clean finish. Overall, it's a decent brew but not anything I would be interested in trying again.

4/5  rDev 0%