Chinooker'd IPA | Lawson's Finest Liquids

Lawson's Finest Liquids
Vermont, United States
lawsonsfinest.com

Style: American IPA

Our award-winning IPA recipe is chockfull of Chinook hops and bursting with pine and citrus aromas and flavors. Careful, more than one of these will getcha schnocker'd!

Added by plaid75 on 07-26-2008

4.45/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Poured this into a DFH IPA glass.

A: Pours a deep orangey yellow color. There's about a finger to finger and a half white sudsy head on this. What a gorgeous pour. There's also a generous amount of lacing left on the glass.

S: Grapefruits and pine absolutely invade my nose. There's also a touch of mild malts that come through. Great, great smell.

T: Pine is the main taste that my palate picks up. There are some grapefruit with a little malts coming through. I totally wish my palate would pick up citrus, but it picks up pine. By reading other reviews I can tell that citrus should be the star here. Unfortunately, but not, I pick up the piney flavors. There's definitely some malts built into this as well. A hop bomb, but it's definitely not 1 dimensional. As I drink this more and more I pick up some of these citrus flavors. The grapefruit is a pleasant addition here. Definitely an enjoyable experience.

M: A very bitter ending here. Nothing horrible, but nothing mind blowing. It's quite solid. A drying finish with a medium body. A little heavier than the average single IPA, but there's nothing wrong with that. No alcohol burn at all, but at 6.90% I wouldn't expect it.

Overall: This is my first Lawson's beer (aside from the collab with Jack's Abby) and this is an awesome beer. I had the pleasure of having this, among my 2 Double Sunshines and other Chinooker'd being packed by Sean Lawson himself at the farmer's market in Waitsfield. If I knew how good this brew was I would've jumped over the table and given him a hug. A good guy that makes some incredible beer. I'm happy to have experienced this and I'm glass I have another in the fridge.

3.5/5  rDev -17.6%