Chinooker'd IPA | Lawson's Finest Liquids

Lawson's Finest Liquids
Vermont, United States
lawsonsfinest.com

Style: American IPA

Our award-winning IPA recipe is chockfull of Chinook hops and bursting with pine and citrus aromas and flavors. Careful, more than one of these will getcha schnocker'd!

Added by plaid75 on 07-26-2008

4.14/5  rDev -2.6%

Date: 05/17/2013
Type: 22oz. Hand Bottled Bomber
Vintage: Bottled 05/16/2013, uber fresh 1 day old!
Glass: Heady Topper Stemless Glass

Slept in my truck outside the Warren, VT municipal building after a long drive all thru the night. When the Warren General Store opened at 8am. I wiped the sleep out of my eyes and walked in hoping to see a massive cooler full of different Lawson's brews to select from. I was wrong. I had to wait until around 10am. for Lawson's to deliver like 12 cases of the one brew they stock each week (on thusday which it was). This was not a bad deal since I had breakfast at the store which has awesome all organic stuff. Was hoping for Double Sunshine or Hopzilla, but this week happened to be Chinooker'd. Don't know what to expect from this one, but I hope I don't get Schinooker'd!

A day later, back in NYC (Staten Island, to be exact), this brew poured a light chestnut in color w/ a 1 finger white head w/ good retention that produced nice sticky lacing. Aromas of grapefruit, mandarin orange, fresh cut grass, and dope. The flavor was of huge grapefruit up front, leading into pine and herbal resinous bitterness that seriously lingers. Medium bodied and finishes very dry. Very refreshing initially and the dryness keeps you coming back for another sip.

Overall, not my cup of tea in a DIPA as I am a big citrus kinda guy that prefers mild to moderate bitterness levels, but it is a well made beer that tastes as fresh as Vermont. If your the type of hop head that wants in yo face bitterness that lingers and lingers like my friend TheRemyLabeau obviously likes, then this is your perfect 5.0 DIPA. Either way, very well made stuff that is typical of Vermont freshness that literally goes right to yo head as I was in the bag after the 22oz. bomber was finished

4.5/5  rDev +5.9%

Soo uhh... Yeah... This beer, well, uhhmm, uuhh, ok did I oversell the whole "I'm speechless" shtick? First of all, huge fuckin props to my boy MikeyV for hookin this GEM up. Where do I begin? Well, I can start by saying this beer was an extra in a trade for Heady Topper so you can imagine my palate is already biased with the Nectar of the Gods. To be honest, the initial taste is very similar to HT IMO. It starts with the ever so slightest bit of maltiness then travels into a perfect balance of an oh soooo smooth hoppiness that is so damned tasty it'll make you wanna slap yo mama!!!

The smoothness on the middle and finish of this beer is indescribable, it's just... Amazing.

Ahhh... I'm sorry, but I'm stickin to my guns, anyone who knows me knows very well how much I preach about the awesomeness and severely underrated nature of ohio beers, specifically our rare and semi-limited IPAs; Fathead's Headhunter, The Brew Kettle's White Rajah, and Columbus IPA. And alls I ever preach about is how Rajah is the best IPA in the world and I've had Pliny, Zombie Dust and many other delicious IPAs. The point is this trade showed me that Heady Topper is better than all those others beers and is one of the best IPAs I've ever had. However.... I'm gonna say it, here it goes, HT is one of the best but is still second to the one beer... the best IPA I've ever had.... The One and Only Chinooker'd!!!

4.24/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I had Double Sunshine a long time ago and was glad to see this beer on-tap around VT this weekend. Reviewed from notes. Blackback Pub, Waterbury.

A- Poured from draft into the Lawson's tulip glass. Amber body with a creamy white head. One finger high and the foam has good retention. Tons of lace cloud down the glass.

S- Pine, orange juice, floral and slight tropical fruits are gained from the hop bill used here. Tiny caramel but mostly just a clean hop aroma shines here.

T- Hop bomb for sure. Pine and citrus rind forward with some tropical fruit to make things interesting. Floral beyond that with biscuit malts, cracked grain hints and a light caramel balance.

MF- Silky moderately thick body. High carbonation enhances the hop flavors and is great in IPAs for me. High end, clean bitterness in the finish.

A clean, refreshing IPA with nice citrus and pine flavors.

4.75/5  rDev +11.8%