Hop Song Imperial IPA | Lawson's Finest Liquids

Alströms:

Reviews by steadydose:
4.68/5  rDev 0%

Recieved as an extra! Thanks Pete

A: Pale gold body, high clarity. Tight 3 finger cream cap with some staing power. Lacing really sticks to the glass. Perfect.

S: Sweet mango, citrus, just a touch of sweetness in the nose from the malt, mostly juicy sweet hopa aroma. A little wood and earthiness come out as the beer warms up.

T: Hops taste more herbal than the nose would suggest. Finishes with a firm bitterness. Finishes dry, and really lets the hops shine. Amazing IPA.

M: Perfect mouthfeel, good carbonation, good body, finishes clean.

D: Perfect, wish I could get more. Goes down easy and is really refreshing, especially for a 9% beer. Kind of reminds me of a stronger version of Sculpin.

4.65/5  rDev 0%

Grabbed some Lawson's on a road trip to the Alchemist recently. This was one of them. Poured to tulip.

A: Hazy golden orange, nice large head after vigorous pour. Settles down to some nice sticky lacing on glass.

S: Big citrus hop! Some flowery smells. It just smells really fresh and green in a way. Like the hops were just added by myself.

T: Not as nice as smell but really nice. It is surpisingly smooth at first and then bitter due to the dryness. Big hop taste here too. I like this because I'm not finding it overly sweet. Just nice and hoppy and dry.

M: Medium bodied with a really nice dry finish as I said before.

D: Surprisingly coy at 9%. Great DIPA by Lawson's. I drank most of this bottle myself but have also shared bottles with a few people including the Golden Delicsious release at CL and most people have been highly impressed. With only 44 bottles made it may be difficult to try, but if you can, sample this one. It stands up the some of the best I've had.

Hop Song Imperial IPA from Lawson's Finest Liquids