Double Sunshine IPA | Lawson's Finest Liquids

Lawson's Finest Liquids
Vermont, United States
lawsonsfinest.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

This American Double India Pale Ale is packed with juicy tropical fruit flavors and bright herbal aromas, thanks to the abundance of US-grown hops.

Added by kingcrowing on 12-18-2010

#14

Ratings: 2,140 |  Reviews: 343

If you're reading reviews to see how good this beer is, just stop reading and find out how to get your hands on it. They'res alot of people saying that this beer is better than Pliny (i think so) Other people are saying Double Jack is equally good as this beer (not).

I wont get into that but I had a tough time not giving this beer all 5's. If I'd tried all the big DIPAs (Abrasive, Ephraim, etc etc) to compare I could king it the best, havent gotten there yet. I dont think there exists a "perfect" beer but this one didn't give me any reason to take points away from its score.

EDIT: Tried more big name DIPAs, this is the best IMO

A - pours hazy orange with nice white head that and nice lacing, a quick swirl reconstitutes the head very nicely

S- Pine, Citrus, Grapefruit, Tropical Fruits. Picking up Pineapple, Mango, few others I cant distinquish. Awesome.

T- Fruit up front, then malt, then hops. No bitterness though. Very well balanced. Leaves you wanting more.

M- No bite, no accumulation. Super balanced.

O- One of the best beers I've ever had. I consider myself to be a pretty staunch beer critic who typically tries to dissect each beer to give a true critque. Couldn't really find any flaws in this one, but as the reviews show, to each his own.

But, you should own this beer, its incredible.

MANY MANY THANKS to Beenitty. A surprise extra that landed on my porch earlier this afternoon, and something I have been wanting to try since I heard of it. Pours from bottle into Brooklyn tulip. Pours a cloudy very light yellow color- pretty unique looking for a IIPA, normally much darker of a color. nice head and decent retention, after a few minutes it recedes and leaves a sticky looking lacing around the glass. Smell- wow. a blast of citrus to the nostrils. Lemon zest, tropical flavors (mango, pineapple, papaya). Very herbal and clean smelling. This smells amazing. Taste- WOW. I am blown away. Just a blast of citrus on the front of the palate. Almost puckeringly citrus sourness, like biting into a lemon. It rounds out with some sweetness on the backbone that balances out the tropical fruit and citrus, leaving just a perfect mix of citrus sweetness on the end. No real bitterness here, the hops manifest themselves almost 100% in the form of fruit/citrus/tropical flavors and the sweetness that the malt delivers is just amazing. I just burped and up came some piney flavors. This is a perfect beer. Just absolutely amazing. Getting a 5 on all fronts from me, officially better than Pliney, and all the other elite IPA's I have ever had. I'm blown away by this beer.

the nectar of the gods. This blows away Heady Topper, and Heady is one of the best beers I've ever had. Truly the most amazing beer i have ever had.

Double Sunshine IPA from Lawson's Finest Liquids