Double Sunshine IPA | Lawson's Finest Liquids

Lawson's Finest Liquids
Vermont, United States
lawsonsfinest.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

This American Double India Pale Ale is packed with juicy tropical fruit flavors and bright herbal aromas, thanks to the abundance of US-grown hops.

Added by kingcrowing on 12-18-2010

#14
Liked:
4.67/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,136 |  Reviews: 343

4.36/5  rDev -6.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

S- Pineapple, mango, some grapefruit. Maybe a little more subdued and maltier than expected at first, but this bad boy opens up well when it warms up.

T- Juicy as can be. Straight up tropical goodness. Very smooth as well. Complex and unquestionably balanced for a beer that pack quite a hop punch. Reminds me a lot of Mercenary.

M- Mid body with perfect carbonation. Hop oils make it a little slick. Timely bitterness. Warmth, but not boozy.

O- Not a whole lot of flaws to this one. Lots of bright flavors. Compared side-by-side with Enjoy By 2-14-14. My wife preferred this one, but I would give a slight edge to Enjoy By. Outstanding either way.

4.84/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

About a Month old. Have had fresh ones and two months old, from what I rememeber I prefer the "aged" one. Let's see how this is. Pours a nice golden yellow, 2 finger bubbly head. The smell is so fruity. Tropical fruits and citrus dominate. The flavor is right there, too. Nice grapefruit and slight pine after taste. Creamy and somewhat thin. Goes down easy with almost no alcohol burn. I remember when fresh the alcohol is not noticeable. This is a great double ipa. It's very hop forward but also balanced nicely, with the malt taking a back seat.

4.71/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

bomber into a snifter.

light golden color with a majestic head. nose is super resiny but also very fruity. yes. taste is skunky...citrus..guava...resin. oh man. so complex and drinkable. what a flavor profile. medium body, medium carbonation.

overall world class and possibly the best dipa in the world. really.

4.8/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I absolutely love this beer. I really can't find fault with it without sounding like some nitpicky douche bag. One of my favorite offerings from Lawson's, and one of my favorite beers on this entire planet of Earth. I only wish Sean would brew it more often.

*NOTE AS OF 8/1/14* By brewing more of it I didn't mean this bullshit that is Sip of Sunshine.

4.92/5  rDev +5.4%

I drink this beer regularly as it is on tap at a local restaurant in my town. I have to say it is usually my go-to when I'm there, even though they have Heady Topper, I choose the Double Sunshine mostly because it's harder to get then Heady Topper. Though it is almost an even trade off between Heady Topper.

A - Orange, with a hint of yellow, nice white head, served on-tap in a snifter beer glass, heavenly.

S - Perfect blend of citrus hops, the intense hop aroma is very pronounced in this beer.

T - Oh god, the taste.. I can't talk enough about how amazing the taste of this beer is, the first sip you almost don't know what just happened to your taste buds, was that a grapefruit, or a beer, but in an amazing way. The citrus hops are so intense and so perfectly balanced, it hits all the right spots on your tongue, it's smooth and extreme at the same time.

Overall this is one of the best beers I have the opportunity to drink on a day to day basis. From the moment it leaves the tap, to the last sip of the glass, you'll be happy and satisfied for every second being in the presence of this beer. Lawson's has got a winner in this one.

Double Sunshine IPA from Lawson's Finest Liquids