Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout | Cigar City Brewing

4.37/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,754 |  Reviews: 574

4.9/5  rDev +12.1%

This is my favorite beer. I'm surprised I never reviewed it. Here we go...

Pour is amazing. It's one of the best parts about this beer. You get a thick oily pour with an amazing dark tan head. It's a thing of beauty and to be honest I've only ever had one beer with a better pour and it was on draft at CCB tasting room on nitro(Cafe Americana).

Smell is full of rich chocolate. You get some minor espresso in there. Smells like a candy bar. Delicious.

Mouthfeel is silky. It's the typical CCB stout mouthfeel where it's creamy and light. Like your tongue is laying on a pillow of feathers. Thick and creamy.

The taste is full of dark chocolate. You get some roasted espresso but it's mostly chocolate which is why I enjoy this so much. I'm a choco-holic and this gets the job done. The alcohol isn't prevalent at all for a 10% ABV which I appreciate. It's a really deep tasting beer. If I drank this every day I'm pretty sure I'd go into a diabetic coma.

Overall it's my favorite beer for a reason... It's the top of the line in my opinion for what a RIS should be. Just great and next year I will probably buy a case instead of 2 bottles so it lasts me until the next year. I even trade for this beer when I run out because I love it that much. It's the epitome of what CCB is known for in stouts.

4.46/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout from Cigar City was something that I picked up at Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge, Ma based solely on the BA rating card place in front it on the store shelf. I trust the BA ratings and in this case they were right on. Tremendous stout to say the lease, and a total surprise that a beer this good could come from Florida. Have it again since my first taste and still rate it as one of best stouts that i have had. My buddy was in Florida recently and I told he had to go to Cigar City and have a Marshal Zhukov. He did, and he liked it so much he went again the next day to have it again. Great beer if you like stouts. Right up there with Goose Bourbon County, KBS and Old Rasputin.

4.69/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

2012 Vintage

Pours dark black, almost like motor oil, with a one finger mocha head, which fades to a thin round disc before vanishing, and leaves no lacing. The aroma has dark chocolate, black licorice, roasted malt, molasses, and espresso.

Tastes sweet with the perfect amount of bitterness. There is dark chocolate, roasted malt, espresso, molasses, cherries, dates, figs, and licorice, The dark malt and espresso do a nice job of balancing the sweetness from the other flavors. It's amazing that an 11.00 % abv beer has no alcohol taste. Very nicely made.

Full bodied with modest carbonation, and a chocolate with espresso aftertaste. Definitely a chewy beer. Definitely a world class Russian Imperial Stout.

3.25/5  rDev -25.6%