Jai Alai IPA | Cigar City Brewing

Cigar City Brewing
Florida, United States
cigarcitybrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Pours copper in color with notes of citrus and tropical fruit in the aroma. Flavor has upfront citrus bitterness with a hint of caramel and citrus and tropical fruit hop notes in the finish.

Added by cjgator3 on 12-05-2008

#597
4.5

Ratings: 7,894 |  Reviews: 1,513

4.75/5  rDev +11%

4.21/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Canned 1/10/14

Thought I reviewed this before. Oh well. Pours golden orange with some small floaties. Nice head retention.

Prominent in the nose is apricot, oxidized fruit. not a whole lot of malt.

Taste is mostly pineapple and apricot. Nice combo. I don't remember it being this strong on the apricot. Admittedly I'm about 5 dirtwolfs deep and my sixtel just kicked so my palate might be off. This doesn't have the citrus "tang" i remember. Its less acidic but good.

Really good carbonation. Moderate body and slick. Not very dry.

I've always liked this brew. For whatever reason, this thing is all apricot right now. Not necessarily a bad thing though. I just recall ot being more tangy citrus. Always a nice go to for sure.

3.75/5  rDev -12.4%

4.82/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

A: Deep and clean amber-orange color with a nice creamy one finger head. It looks almost like an orange creamsicle. Very pure with no clouding. The head lingers long after.

S: Heavenly. How an IPA should smell. Full of Hoppy goodness with a smell of citrus. If this was offered as a car air freshner I'd take it.

T: Very flavorful. Hops are rich but not overbearing. Again, to me I taste citrus. The taste lingers long after you swallow. Flavor comes in a wave, starting of light and sweet, then slamming in to you full on before fading away. Very enjoyable.

M: Amazing. It was like a symphony of heavenly goodness hitting every part of my palate. It is refreshingly smooth. This IPA feels and tastes great everywhere it hits.

O: This is a phenomenal IPA. I picked this up as part of a pick six, but will be going back for a six pack while they still have them. Easily a top 5 IPA for myself. It just tastes right. Not too much in hops, just right. I look forward to drinking this late spring. If you see this, grab it.

Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City Brewing