Hunahpu's Imperial Stout | Cigar City Brewing

Cigar City Brewing
Florida, United States

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Availability: Spring

In Mayan myth, Hunahpu gave cocoa to the Mayans. An Imperial Stout Aged On Cacao Nibs, Madagascar Vanilla Beans, Ancho Chilis, Pasilla Chilis and Cinnamon.

Added by tpd975 on 01-03-2009

Reviews: 767 | Ratings: 3,956
4.75/5  rDev +5.3%

From 750mL bottle to Boulevard tasting glass on 5/7/11
Sampled at the 1st NoVA BA Tasting Extravaganza
*From notes

A BIG thanks to BZero007 for opening this one. Cheers, Nathan!

A: Damn. This may be the darkest brew I've encountered. With the chili infusion, it adds a bit of a muddy rosewood complexity to the 2.5 head and thick, sticky lacing.

S: Sugar, spice and everything nice. Dark roast black coffee intertwines with the peppery spice and makes for one memorable nose. Shrink me down and lock me inside the bottle - this stuff is incredible.

T: The balance here is pitch perfect. It's spicy, with the hot chili on the fore to the mid. The Zhukov really comes out on the finish, as it's charry and rich like the darkest of dark chocolate. Utterly spectacular.

M: One of the top two or three thickest beers I've encountered. It's huge, and unlike 2010's Zhukov, it's properly carbonated. Massive. Epic. This is such a big and lavish brew.

O: Loved it. I really can't find any fault with Cigar City's Hunahpu. If asked how to improve this one, I couldn't begin to tell you. It's perfect in almost every way, and one of the best beers I've ever had. Offering Joey Redner your first born isn't enough to satisfy the Gods, as this one's worth your second child too.

4.5/5  rDev -0.2%

I thought this was a dynamite brew. It is a unique spin on an incredible style. It certainly stands out.

Nice deep black with just a few subtle hints of red creeping in (from the chilies mabye?). Dark khaki head that dissipates pretty quickly, but left some thick lacing that continued to stick around throughout.

Really complex aroma. Chocolate, coffee, and all the sweet goodness from the RIS, then spice and everything nice from the chilies. Super well blended. Rich, complex, and interesting nose.

Basically everything you expect from the nose. While the nose was slightly more subtle and balanced, the chilies really kick up the spice in the flavor. Really awesome flavor. Almost like mole sauce.

Thick and creamy, just how you'd expect a RIS. Full-bodied to the max. A little viscous and filling. Couldn't pound this beer. But a nice sipper.

4.5/5  rDev -0.2%

Bottle from current 2011 release.
Received in trae from J2Brew2, big thanks!

Poured an extremly dark thick pour with a dark brown head forming and hanging around for a bit. The aroma was roasty but had the backbone of a chile and cinnamon combo. A extremly lovely aroma and appearance with this brew. The taste really blew me away as the body was thick it pushed the roasty chocolate notes through that were perfectly balanced with the chile/cinnamon combo. I keep placing these two aromas/tastes together as they seemed to become one in the drink. The flavor and aroma of the chile was apparant but the cinnamon burn and flavor was just behind it pushing it through. I have not seen a lot of balanced RIS with a bidy this thick in my life and I extremly satisfied with this particular one. I am marking my calender for next year when the next release will be.

If you have yet to try this brew, make sure you do.

4.65/5  rDev +3.1%

Had this beer (finally!) at a mini-whale tasting.
Thank you, Rich (phillybeer7779) for bringing this!

2011 - 750ml bottle.

I'm not sure if I can easily review this beer. It was just so amazing.

Color is very very dark. motor-oil black and beautiful. Small 1/2 finger brown head that retains for a while.

The smell of of cocao powder and cinnamon, roasted dark malts. Didn't really notice any of the chilis, though, in the smell.

Taste is of rich dark chocolate and cocoa. Some spice from the chilis, but way in the background. Hints of vanilla. Megatons of gloriousness.
Mouthfeel was thick with little carbonation.

This is a great beer. One of the best i've ever had. Now I just need to find more of it.

2011, 750 ml bottle.

Uhhhh-MAZING! This review has been a LONG time coming. Had the privilege and honor of attending 2011 Hunahpu's Day at Cigar City Brewing, in Tampa as a part of our vacation to Florida.

A: Dark, dark dark! A true beauty amongst stouts. Pours like motor oil, and is thick like tar. Medium/dark head with a moderate retention.

S: Sweet, with the aroma of chocolate, subtle coffee scent, hues of vanilla and cinnamon. Such a complex whiff to a beginners nose!

T: This is definitely one of the best beers that I have ever had. Not an undrestatement. There is an intense cocoa/chocolate taste, but still hues of vanilla and coffee kick in strong throughout. There are also subtle spices that keep it from being overpoweringly sweet.

M: Full-bodied, creamy, goes down smooth. Slight after-burn, but definitely can be compared to sipping a fine, aged scotch.

O: This is by far my ULTIMATE favorite beer to date. I will saving the last 3 and opening them on special occassions. Definitely would consider getting on a plane next year with the sole intention of attending the next Hunahpu's release.

4.23/5  rDev -6.2%

Thanks to Rich (phillybeer7779) for sharing a bottle of 2011 Hunahpu's.

This stout looked as good as any other stout we had that night (11 DL, EH, Depth Charge) so it's hard to give it a better score than the others. It was opaque black with a thin layer of foam. It also appeared to be thinner than the others with nicer legs in the glass. The beer smelled like cocoa powder with a little fruity chiles and warm cinnamon, but mostly it was dominated by the dark malt. The beer tasted very nicely malty with smoky pepper upfront, chocolate and spicy cinnamon. The beer has a nice warming alcohol in the finish that is accentuated by the back heat from the chiles.

This is a nice, interesting beer that I would love to try again, but with a big plate of roasted carnitas, avocado, and grilled bell peppers and onions.

4.68/5  rDev +3.8%

750ml bottle into a Tulip Glass.

First Release so 2010 Vintage

A- Absolutely beautiful. Pours like motor oil with a thin 1 finger brown head that is just sitting there. Decent head retention with some really nice legs behind it that coat the glass. This to me defines what an Imperial Stout should look like.

S- Cinnamon up front with some nice spicy chilies and sweet chocolate. Plenty of roasted dark malts and wood characters coming through as well. Alcohol comes through as well but not to crazy.

T- First taste brought out a strong roasted coffee and sweet milk chocolate character with a nice cinnamon spice in the finish. Not much heat or pepper coming through like the aroma just a slight bit of heat in the back of the throat which to me is a great thing and adds to the overall mouthfeel. I hate over spicy beers so this is the perfect amount. Digging deeper the flavors of the barrel come out and combine well with the sweet vanilla beans and give it a nice musty wood flavor.

M- Full bodied with moderate to low carbonation and a nice wet and slightly spicy finish.

Overall i have to say that this beer is exceptional and extremely complex. All the right flavors come out and combine amazingly with the already A+ beer Zhukov.

4.43/5  rDev -1.8%

Reviewed from notes. On tap at the brewery on the day of the release. 03/12/11

A: Black as night with a ridiculously dark one finger head. Not much lacing to speak of.

S: The cinnamon is in the forefront. Followed by notes of the vanilla, chiles and chocolate.

T: The cinnamon is the first thing that you notice here as well. Then notes of vanilla, chocolate and a faint hint of the chiles.

M: Thick, creamy and silky. One of the thickest Imperial Stouts that I've had.

O: A really fantastic Imperial Stout that I much prefer fresh as opposed to with some age on it. I was glad to be able to get to try it on tap.

2.99/5  rDev -33.7%

2011 vintage shared with 2 non-BA's, my Dad & sister, sometime in early April. Big thanks to Belthor for this one.

Poured into a snifter.

A - Pours a thick jet black with the darkest head that I've ever seen. The head was about a 2-finger billowy chocolate color and had great retention. Great lacing.

S - Large amounts of spicy chili's with a slight vanilla undertone. Also present is roasted coffee, dark chocolate, and sweet dark malts. It definitely smells different, but not so much in a good way.

T - Up front are notes of cocoa, a mild coffee, and a little vanilla. I can't get past the sickeningly sweetness that follows next. On the finish, I get a lot of cinnamon and a little bit of spicy chili's, but both are more unpleasant than anything. Very strong presence of burning alcohol.

M - The mouthfeel was good and pretty much what I'd expect. It was smooth, creamy, rich, and fairly full-bodied. My only gripe was that it seemed to be a little over carbonated.

D - Overall, the drinkability just isn't there for me. The taste is unappealing and tough to drink, given the sweetness and alcohol burn.

I'm glad that I got a chance to try it, but that'll be it for me.

4.68/5  rDev +3.8%

2011 Vintage, 750 ml bottle.

A-Pours a bitch black with a reddish brown head. Thick juicy oil with perfect carbonation.

S-Smells very sweet, lots of dark chocolate and some cinnamon and a subtle coffee scent.

T-This just might be the best beer I have ever had. It tastes like a german chocolate cake with a lot of vanilla in the after taste. There are subtle hints of the spices from the chilies that are in the aftertaste more than right away and the coffee shines through perfectly.

M-Creamy mouthfeel, very smooth going down but a little bit of a burn. Nonetheless you know the alcohol is there but you cannot tell except for the slight burning. Even though you can feel the burn it is comparable to sipping on a nice scotch.

O-One of the greatest most drinkable beers I have ever had. I would never pass this down as it is phenomenal. Super drinkable for being almost 12 percent. Best thing cigar city has ever done!

4.95/5  rDev +9.8%

the Hunahpu is the best, plain and simple, out of all the big stouts(DL, IST, Darkness, etc), Hunahpu releases a very smooth well rounded chocolatey malty flavor that just puts any other beer to shame,i strongly suggest finding this beer and trying it, my favorite hope its your too

Pours a 1 finger thick beautiful mocha head dissipates to form a solid ring around my ccb snifter and stays throughout the drink. It has an aroma of strong dark chocolate with coffee in the background. It tastes of chocolate up front, coffee and vanilla notes with a finishing burn from the alcohol then from the peppers. This beer is so complex I am tasting something different each time I try it. Hunahpus is the greatest beer I've ever had, so complex and so delicious!

4.6/5  rDev +2%

This beer is enough of a reason for me to pick up and move to Florida (you know, asides the beaches, beautiful weather, cheaper housing, and Disney).

Appearance - I could look at this beer all day. Actually thats a lie, because I would drink the shit out of it. Maybe if I had a photograph...Anyway, fantastic. Black as any good stout should be with a beautiful brown, yes brown, not mocha or off white, just full on brown head. Awesome. Unfortunately for someone like me who is totally digging this head it doesn't really want to hang out to long, oh well, nothing lasts forever. This liquid resembles oil closer than a stout.

Smell - A myriad of unusual aromas attack your nose with this one. Most people always review stouts the same way: raisins, coffee, caramel, choco...blah, blah, blah. We've read them a hundred times. This bad boy hits you with spice, vanilla, and earthiness, okay, yes, there are some elements of chocolate, and some hardcore roasted malts, but this beer will definitely hit your nose with something fantastic that is uncommon in most stouts, and you will love it.

Taste - The real winner in this whole review. In the front you have some heavy dark bakers chocolate combined with roasted malts, then some vanilla smoothness in the middle, and in the finish you get some faint hotness from the chilies and the cinnamon. It is out of this world. Let it warm up before drinking it, I feel like you would lose out on a lot of wonderful flavors.

Mouthfeel - Very thick, amongst the thickest I've had. For me I really enjoy a dark, hearty, rich, thick stout. I totally get that not everyone is in to that, but if your looking for a stout that you could drink with a spoon this is your beer.

Overall - Well, I clearly really enjoyed this beer. I have had many stouts from Cigar City and everyone of them have been incredible. This one however is the reigning champ of their stout line. Wonderful and delicious.

3.96/5  rDev -12.2%

FRE$H 2011 Batch

Appearance -- Pours like motor oil, jet black with faint ruby about the edges and a slim dark chocolate-hued head. It's hard to knock this view. Wish the head had more staying power, but still quite photogenic.

Smell -- Aside from the semisweet roast malt aromas, chile and cocoa are most apparent, with spicy chile heat being most dominant. Vanilla, and finally cinnamon, make themselves known after multiple whiffs. The chile heat nearly singes the hair on your nose - very sharp. Certainly interesting, but not the inviting aroma I was hoping for.

Taste -- Charred malt, molasses sweetness, smoked chiles in chocolate, and in the distance, vanilla and cinnamon. The chili is well-done, lending some rich smokey flavor mid-palate and a nice spicy finish. Lasting flavors of cocoa, red pepper flake, and roast malt that mimics coffee.

Mouthfeel -- Full-bodied and viscous with mild/moderate carbonation. The mouthfeel flirts with under-carbonation, but is still successful.

Overall -- This was a very nice treat. I appreciate the cocoa and chile additions, but The whole time I drank this I couldn't help but wish that the mouthfeel of the Zhukov's I had recently was this good. Some of the additions, like vanilla and cinnamon, seem to cover up some of the malt complexity of Zhukov's.

Glad I finally got to try this one in its prime, but I'd take a properly carbonated Marshall Zhukov's all the same.

4.5/5  rDev -0.2%

2011 vintage enjoyed in honor of zombie Jesus.

Alright, so I've been dying to try this and figured Easter was an appropriate occasion. Poured it out into some HotD snifters with a fellow BA. The first thing I noticed was the generous head and insane, sexy time, legs.

Smelled like grade school. I couldn't put my finger on it at first, but what this really smells like is science class, circa 6th grade. I remember it like it was yesterday (dissolve to a long time ago...)

Ms. Janonis drove a Fiero and had a boy's haircut. We didn't know better and just thought she was damn cool. She was teaching us about physical change due to applied heat. We were cooking down sugar to make candy, basically. I'll never forget the incredible smell that cooked sugar made as it melted down into a clear brown glass. That is exactly what Hunahpu smells like and it is awesome.

Taste is a home run, too. Cinnamon and burnt sugar and vanilla and then, as the last taste is leaving your tongue, the chile heat. Just a little tingle on the buds. It's like a Chinatown happy ending.

This beast is also creamy like horchata. Creamy like you could eat it with a fork. Creamy like I am not sure I will ever be able to completely wash it out of the glasswear, now stained permanently brown.

Anyway, this is a special brew and worth every effort to obtain. I wish I had more.

4.5/5  rDev -0.2%

Thanks to black13 for bringing this to a tasting. Shared with black13, tulipsnifter, hopsbreath, chaset, and ramnuts.
Vintage 2010

Appearance- Black with a chocolate head that sticks around for a min then dissipated to a ring. This is the darkest head I have ever seen.

Smell- Chocolate and some chilies are prominent.

Taste- Very smooth. Lots of chocolate and the smallest hint of chilies. Very good. Some vanilla in the background.

Mouthfeel- Very thick. I am surprised that the head sticks around as much as it does. Coats the glass quite a lot.

Overall- Damn this is a good beer. I usually do not like chilies, in beer or anywhere else. This would be an exception. Small chili presence and it works well.

Micheal also brought a 2011 version which I liked a lot better. All of the flavors were much sharper. Much more complex and interesting. The actual numbers reflect the 2011 version.

Taken from notes on 4-3-11. Hooked up on a trade from jcartamdg. Thanks Jason.

I will start off by saying this has been a top 5 want for quite some time. My expectations are very high. I decided to open it fresh rather than cellar it. I was happy to share this with my tasting posse. SundaySuperFriends.

My Darkness snifter was shaking with anticipation. Pours a violent deep dark jet black. Not one shred of light is escaping this beast. Black hole with a reddish tan two finger head sums it up. My glass is stained with a blackish tan hue after i swirl.

Good thing I was blessed with a large nose so I could take in all the intoxication from my glass. Wow this smells freakin epic. Cinnamon, cocoa nib, and vanilla rounds it out. Cinnamon and cocoa are the front runners in my mouth. In the end of the swallow they've brought their friend chili pepper with them. What an incredible sip. Carbonation is dialed in to perfection. The beer is thick but not chewy. Fuck this is unbelievable.

Best beer I've had to date hands down. Number two isn't even in eye shot. If you took an x-ray of my stomach after drinking this you would see a flippin party taking place. If you don't like this beer you need a lobotomy.

4.58/5  rDev +1.6%

750ml bottle poured into a Cigar City snifter. Bottle generously shared by russwbeck, thanks Russ!

2011 vintage.

A - This is one of the darkest and thickest beers I've seen in a long time. It slowly glugs out of the bottle, and at first it doesn't look that it'll get much head, but it gradually builds a dark brown head, rivaling the darkest I've seen. Retention is fairly low, but it leaves a nice cap behind. Lacing is thick and generous, coating most of the glass.

S - The smell on this is phenomenally complex. Everything that is mentioned on the bottle is here in spades. The chocolate comes through almost to the point of being fudge, and the chilies are definitely noticeable. It vaguely reminds me of Great Divide's Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti, in that it has a slightly piney and woody aroma, but not so strong, thankfully.

T - Wow. Talk about a deep and flavorful beer. At first, the malts are sweet and the chocolate retains a ton of fudge, and then comes wave after wave of taste, from the chilies to the cinnamon to the oak and vanilla. The chilies are spicy but not exactly burning hot, but enough to leave a nice tingling on the tongue. The cinnamon comes through from the beginning to the end, and brings a unique twist that's absolutely phenomenal. The cinnamon is the thing that really keeps drawing me back.

M - Mouthfeel is moderately heavy-bodied with good carbonation. The chilies do give off some residual heat here, leaving a prickly tingling feeling on the tongue and lips. Doesn't coat the mouth as much as I thought it would.

D/O - Drinkability is high. While the alcohol is not incredibly noticeable, its definitely a sipper merely for the fact that just one sip is loaded with flavor. If you don't like cinnamon, you may want to steer clear, but if you do, this will be right up your alley.

4.71/5  rDev +4.4%

2011 vintage via Jefe73 shared with nhindian

A: This has the darkest head of any beer I've ever seen. Sort of like chocolate milk when you've put too much chocolate sauce in it. The lacing an retention is great.

S: Definitely getting the chili and cinnamon dominating some chocolate and roastiness. Some vanilla and alcohol mix in as well.

T: Recently I was at a food pairing for Oskar Blues, and with Ten Fidy they paired a Chocolate Chili Cake. This tastes exactly like that. Wonderful dark chocolate leads it off and gives way to a wonderful array of spices. The chili and cinnamon dominate the back end of the taste, in that order, and fade slowly back to what seems like a coffee roastiness. The chilis leave a tingle and perhaps a hint of spiciness on the tongue. The taste is so complex. Perhaps some oakiness resting in the background. Every taste brings a new experience.

MF: Dark and heavily bodied with a nice amount of carbonation. Only a hint of alcohol. It goes down creamy, with a silkiness that makes you want to keep taking sips.

O: Truly a wonderful concoction. I completely understand the hype. If only I could get more to throw in the cellar. Blown away.

4.5/5  rDev -0.2%

Obliterative onyx with a rapidly expanding crown of coffee milkshake-like cream that overflowed onto the desktop before it could be contained. No carbonation issues here. The lid looks lovely, lasts, and should lay down some pretty impressive lace when it melts. Note: it doesn't, but this is still great looking ale.

Cigar City used an outstanding base beer as the starting point for this inventive offering. Even though my bottle is an estimated one year of age, most of the added ingredients are noted in the nose. Peruvian cacao nibs and the earthy spiciness of the Ancho and Pasilla chiles for sure. Cinnamon and vanilla bean slightly less so.

It looks like Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout plays the same role as Old Rasputin for North Coast and Yeti for Great Divide. In other words, it's a granite-solid Double/Imperial stout that tastes great, almost no matter what's added to it. This stuff is de-freakin-licous right out of the gate and should only improve with warming.

Hunahpu's Imperial is impressive quasi-aged beer that is probably even more impressive when fresh. The always generous ktrillionaire offered me a bottle of the latest vintage just yesterday. Hmmm... may have to take him up on that. Where would we be without the occasional trade for outstanding regional-only beer?

Flavors include an intense dark chocolate fudginess, sticky molasses, coconut oil, vanilla beans, a soft blip of earthy-spicy chiles, and sprinklings of warm cinnamon. The inspired additions have turned an already deep and complex beer into an even deeper and more complex beer. This is a palate pleaser par excellence.

My 750 ml of Marshal Zhukov's (thanks again Casey) had some carbonation issues. This bottle is an indication of what that bottle should've been like. The mouthfeel is the very definition of smoothly creamy lusciousness. Laid-back bubbles add just the right amount of volume, then cut out and allow beer to ooze over tongue.

Hunahpu is the Mayan god of creation. Cigar City Brewing has every reason to be proud that they have created the masterpiece that is Hunahpu's Imperial Stout. A fresh bottle might have challenged for the best of 2011.

4.58/5  rDev +1.6%

Shared on 14 April among a couple of friends; 750mL bottle.

Poured up absolutely black and thick with a dark brown head. Looked simply *stunning* in my chalice leaving a brown, oily film on the sides of the glass as I gently swirled it around.
Smell was whiskey, vanilla, chocolate, chile peppers, and loads of other things I couldn't readily identify; quite a lot going on!
Taste was immensely chocolate with spent coffee grounds, spicy chile peppers, chocolate covered cherries (wasn't expecting this), finishing with a lovely warming sensation attributable to both the easily detectable cinnamon and chile peppers. Very complex and absolutely incredible!
Mouthfeel was very heavy, but silky smooth leaving a nearly oily coating in the mouth.
I found this to be exceptionally well crafted, a real privilege to enjoy, and the first 'elusive' beer to actually live up to all the hype! Very, very well done!

4.7/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured into a Stone RIS snifter.

A: pours a thick dark black, with a 2 finger mocha foam that stays for awhile. very carbonated.

S: chocolate and coffee hit the nose right away, a little bit of vanilla and a little of the chilies are noticeable.

T: smooth and delicious, semi-sweet chocolates, hints of hotness from the chillies smoothed out by the vanilla.

M/D: Exceptionally tasty, the carbonation is just right, it works well with this beer. a spicy and sweet beer. delicious.

4.74/5  rDev +5.1%

Big thanks to steppnrazr and cyrusthepup for hooking me up with a couple bottles of this. Two exceptional BAs.

2011 Edition 750mL bottle poured into Cigar City snifter on April 14, 2011.

A- Poured vigorously into the bottom of the snifter. Thick and oily, like draining the oil in your car. Absolutely no head, no matter how hard I tried. Acceptable lacing, given the ABV.

S- Immediate chocolate presence, followed by a nice vanilla and and coffee smell. Let it warm up significantly, the cinnamon and chile pulls through at the end. Impressed.

T- Sweet vanilla chocolate up front, followed almost immediately by a nice cinnamon and spice from the chiles. The chiles mask the alcohol beautifully, and create a heat I wish more stouts had.

M- Thick and creamy, with medium-low carbonation. Coats the mouth and throat without overwhelming, leaving a nice lingering flavor.

O- Considering this beer's exceptional status going in, I was more that pleasantly surprised that all the ingredients in the bottle are displayed in both taste and smell. I didn't think I would love the chiles, but I was proven wrong. Give this beer time to warm to a little below room temperature, and it becomes a frontrunner for my favorite non-bal stout. A very well balanced beer that is worth seeking out.

4.5/5  rDev -0.2%

Appearance: Pours black as night with a dark brown head. The head goes away almost immediately and leaves some lacing. The beer is super viscous and clings to the side of the glass.

Smell: Initially I smell very sweet roast with hints of dark chocolate and dark fruit. After that I pick up the peppers as well as some alcohol.

Taste: Very sweet roast hits the tongue first. This is followed by dark chocolate, some chili pepper spice, cinnamon, and some dark fruit notes. The finish is roasty and sweet, the flavors blend together well.

Mouthfeel: This one just coats your mouth. Very thick and viscous with just the right amount of carbonation (mild). The finish is mildly dry.

Drinkability: I would have this one again and again. I'm super excited that I got to try this! I thought it was very well balanced. Great Beer Gland I got to try this one!

4.98/5  rDev +10.4%

2011 bottle, opened in 2011.

A – Black body with the one of the darkest heads I’ve ever seen. The head has super-fine bubbles and holds up well with nice retention and lace. The beer is incredibly viscous with better legs than most red wines.

S – Dark brown sugar, cinnamon, espresso, ancho chilies, light booze.

T – This beer is what a billionaire's milk chocolate should taste like. Chocolate covered espresso beans, delicious raisiny ancho chilies, cinnamon, soft pepper heat, toffee, and vanilla. The flavors are soft, complex, well balanced and prominent. An absolutely beautiful flavor profile.

M – Stunningly smooth, medium/full body. Great sweet vanilla / spicy chili / bitter cocoa finish with a touch of warm booze.

O – Fantastic balance and flavor. It’s rare that a brewer posts an ingredient bill as complex as this on the bottle and everything comes through. It's even rarer that those flavors come through so clean and incredibly well integrated. Tip of the hat to CCB, job well done.

Hunahpu's Imperial Stout from Cigar City Brewing