Table Saison | Cigar City Brewing

Cigar City Brewing
Florida, United States
cigarcitybrewing.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

This saison pours hazy to clear straw in color with notes of honey and tropical fruit. Flavor has tropical fruit with a lemony bitterness and hints of clove in the finish. Sorachi Ace and Citra hops add lots of flavor to this small, sessionable beer.

Added by babaracas on 11-27-2010

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Reviews: 30 | Ratings: 107
3.47/5  rDev -9.6%

One of the better saisons I've tried. I ordered it at cigar city in my quart to take home, didn't even try a sample before I did.

poured into a very nice cigar city snifter glass from the growler. poured a very heavenly golden light straw color with BIG bubbles floating up. tiny thin head, not foamy. went away quickly to nothing.

I will tell you exactly what I taste but it will not be specific cause I am not sure what I'm tasting. It tastes like a popular ESB to me. It has a funky bitterness to it but easy to drink! Almost has a nuttiness to it like an octoberfest too. These are the things I taste. mouthfeel is outstanding. alcohol of course is 4% so no hit from there. Not a beer you would gulp down but one you could really enjoy slowly. that bitter aftertaste you get from it, does go away very nicely so you can enjoy your next sip.

Overall, great beer. recommended! try it!

3.38/5  rDev -12%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Had on-tap at CCB tasting room. Poured into a pint glass.

A: Light copper color, fairly clear. Medium head.

A: Belgian yeast aroma, with some apples in the background. Not a bunch of the typical banana aroma though. Overall seems a bit muted.

T: Mildly fruity flavor (bit more banana here) over yeasty belgian flavor. Some more lemon flavor as it warms somewhat.

M: Light bodied and low carbonation.

O: I went into this with high hopes. Honestly, though, it really struck me as a purely average saison. Nothing bad or off-putting, but nothing exceptional. In this area where St. Somewhere brews are available, they need to have brought more to the Table *rim shot*

3.38/5  rDev -12%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours clear and a bright golden with a nice white head 2" high. Dissipates to a thin film leaving no lace.
Smell is wheat, citrus and hops.
Taste is all hefewiesen. Hops, citrus, wheat and a hint of vinegar.
Medium body, medium effervescence. A good brew but really seems less a saison than weisen. Good, but off style in my opinion.

3.3/5  rDev -14.1%

On tap at Vine and Barley Palm City. Served in a snifter.

Appearance - Hazy orange body. Big fluffy white head. Thick collar and nice lacing.

Smell - Grassy and kinda lemony. Herbal hoppiness. Grainy cracker malt.

Taste - Grassy and a hint of sweetness. Pale malt. A little citrusy. Herbal bitter finish.

Mouthfeel - Medium light. Well carbonated.

Overall - Easy drinking and kinda interesting, but not interesting in a really great way.

2.83/5  rDev -26.3%

This is disappointing because it's the first bad beer I've ever had from Cigar City, the first one that's less than really good. From the very first sip it tasted like a cheap, generic macro that somebody had spilled a little bit of saison in. I checked the ABV thinking maybe it was an attempt at a session beer but not really: 5%. The other people at my table felt the same. We didn't want to finish them and waste stomach space.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last