Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Maduro Oatmeal Brown Ale - Oak & Beans | Cigar City Brewing

cigarcitybrewing.com

Style: English Brown Ale

Added by Chaney on 07-13-2011

4.7/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Thank the good lord I was at Cigar City for Firkin Friday! This was their latest permutation of Maduro involving vanilla beans with an oaked version of the beer in question.

Served in a Cigar City shaker pint glass.

A: So cloudy that it was ridiculous. Additionally, the white specks, which were obviously the vanilla bean contribution, was making my mouth water.

S: Huge vanilla flair, mild oak, and that very recognizable Cigar City hop profile. I honestly couldn't tell this was Maduro at all.

T: Big caramel bill, almost like a melted caramel candy, with high grade vanilla, and wood... along with that ash-like Cigar City flair.

M: I needed a knife to cut it....seriously! The carbonation was low, yet appropriate, and the sweetness was addicting and candy-like.

O: This has been my favorite of the Maduro variations by a long shot. I'm not a huge fan of the original, but the offshoots keep getting better and better.

Maduro Oatmeal Brown Ale - Oak & Beans from Cigar City Brewing