Wild Guava Lychee Sour Saison | Cigar City Brewing

Cigar City Brewing
Florida, United States
cigarcitybrewing.com

Style: American Wild Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

A blend of Cigar City’s Wild Guava Lychee Sour and Table Saison.

Added by jsanford on 09-30-2011

4.75/5  rDev +5.3%

4.04/5  rDev -10.4%

On-tap at the BA Hunahpu release a couple of weeks ago.

Pours golden straw color with no head to speak of.

Smells sour with some citrus, granny smith and some funk.

Sour warheads with citrus, apples, and sweet crab apples in the taste. This is nice and complex.

The feel is light, somewhat still.

Overall, this is pretty damn good. My fiancee thought this was the best beer of the day. She even stole my glass.

3.88/5  rDev -14%

Poured from tap at Cigar City Brewery into a Cigar City Snifter.

Color: Heavy orange color I cannot see thru.

Smell: Sour pungent smell.

Taste: A nice sour kick with a fruit tone.

Mouthfeel: Very smooth on the palate.

Overall: My first sour ale. I really enjoyed it. It took me a while to finish but I enjoyed it more the warmer the ale got. Cheers!

3.92/5  rDev -13.1%

On-tap at BA Hunahpu's release. Poured into a CCB Snifter.

Poured a slightly hazy glowing gold with a thin white head. Really nice aromas of tropical fruit (I don't know if I'd immediately guess guava and lychee, but it was still very nice), sweet malt, and some nice, earthy funk. Taste follows the nose nicely, not quite as tart as I'd expected, this leans a bit more toward the "earthy, funky" then the "sour, tart", but the tropical flavors add a very nice dimension. Mouthfeel is light and crisp, with a medium-thin body and good, "spritzy" carbonation. Overall an excellent "sour" from CCB, I was incredibly stoked to see this one on the menu!

Wild Guava Lychee Sour Saison from Cigar City Brewing