Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Sam-I-Am-buca Baltic Porter | Cigar City Brewing

Reviews by GatorBeer:
4.25/5  rDev +2.9%

4.5/5  rDev +9%

3.65/5  rDev -11.6%

Another beer I had this weekend that is not reviewed for some reason. I didn't hate this beer but I didn't understand it, it was a Baltic porter that tasted like anise....odd

Beer is dark brown almost black, clear at the corners, thin tan head, small bubbles, loooks fine.

Aroma is a little weak, mildly roasty, some yeast, hints of spice, perhaps some licorice.

Beer is light in body, a little sweet, here is the anise. This might be made with sambuca or something similar, it woudl explain the name and this flavor. The first few drinks were fine but then the anise took over, by the end it was all I coudl taste, not a repeat for me.

Sam-I-Am-buca Baltic Porter from Cigar City Brewing