SNACK ATTACK! | Cigar City Brewing

Cigar City Brewing
Florida, United States
cigarcitybrewing.com

Style: American Porter

Our collaboration with Bluejacket and Funky Buddha. Here’s what to expect when drinking: peanut butter cups, milk duds, black licorice, chocolate-covered peanuts and salted caramel.

Added by yourefragile on 06-08-2012

Liked:
4.16/5
Alströms:

4.83/5  rDev +16.1%

Imperial Porter w/ Key West Sea Salt, Cocoa Nibs, Lactose Milk Sugar & Honey-Roasted Peanuts. Brewed in collaboration with Cigar City and Funky Buddha

$4.50

Black pour with a huge brown head. The retention and lacing are phenomenal. It's a great looking beer. 5

It smells a lot like roasted peanuts and vanilla. Amazingly I can still smell a lot of the roast and chocolate from the porter base. The aroma is so similar to roasted peanuts it scares me. 4.5

The vanilla is bolstered by the lactose, which makes this feel a lot like a milk stout. Very sweet, but you're bombarded by the roasted peanuts. The very back end is highlighted by porter characteristics, but it's picked up by the sweetness from the lactose. A strange and wonderful taste. 5

As I said this feels a lot like a milk stout. The finish is very dry, and the beer feels thick on the palate. Low carbonation. Extremely drinkable, it's really like a peanut butter sandwich. 4.5

How will this brewery top this beer moving forward? I have nobidea, but I can't wait to see. This was a great first run, really one of the most interesting beers I've ever had. 5

From tap to snifter at ChurchKey DC on 6/7/12
*From notes

A: This looks good and as it should. Dark, elegant brown to black. A minimal small and creamy head tops the beer. As it falls, a thick mocha collar and sticky lacing follow.

S: The nose is pretty wild. Freshly shelled peanuts, shaved cocoa nibs, freshly charred bark and what comes across like oragnic whole milk. I can't say I've ever come across a beer that quite resembles this, and I'm floored by it's originality.

T: Complex beyond it's pay grade. Simply stunning and more importantly, it's delicious. Charred cocoa hits the palate up front, which morphs into chocolate covered peanuts (you know, Goobers) on the mid. On the mid, I get a bit of creamy caramel and black licorice. The finish is slightly salty, and there's a lactic creaminess to it that blends beautifully with the flavor profile. There is a shit ton going on here, and I can understand that this might not appeal to all. But to me and my palate, this kicks all kinds of sexy ass.

S: Not overly viscous, yet it's as smooth as a baby's bottom. Elegant. The beer is silky, it's complex in the mouth and it's nothing if not a pleasure to drink.

O: One of the more auscpicious craft brewing debuts I've encountered. If Bluejacket can continue making beers even half this good, then I'm pushing all in. This is a wonderful, out of control and extreme idea that actually turned out to be a massive if not polarizing success. Cheers to the trio of breweries involved with this SNACK ATTACK! My hats off to a job (more then) well done.

This is good!
A: Very dark with creamy mocha head, little lacing.
S: Like a babe ruth, roasty, chocolatey, peanut butter.
T: Wow glad I tried this. Delicious, very robust with dark chocolates and a creamy peanut taste, a tad salty. Tiny bit of alcohol burn.
M:Typical cigar city mouthfeel, very full with a wet finish.
O: Great offering, a little different than most ccb porters but fantastic none the less. Hope they make this again!

Had on tap @ CCB in snifter on 1st day of release

A - Black. Dark creamy 1 finger head which settles quickly.
S - Peanuts! Milk chocolate and heavy cream.
T - Who dropped a scoop of peanut butter into my beer? Because it's f***ing delicious. Salty peanut butter, milk chocolate, white chocolate, heavy cream, caramel, black licorice. An intense sipper.
M - Heavy, but not as thick as I would have liked. Maybe would do good on nitro as it could use a bump in creaminess.
O - I love peanut butter, and I love this beer! I understand how many can only have a small glass, but I had 3 the first night, then came back @ 11am to have 3 more in case it didn't last. A very unique beer, try if you ever have the chance. Definitely a beer for those of us with a sweet tooth.

4.53/5  rDev +8.9%

On tap at Churchkey.

Two fingers of tan head and a deep brown body. As someone pointed out, good head retention for something brewed with nuts/oily stuff.

Smells vaguely boozy, but some saltiness, and peanut is definitely present. I'm excited already.

Tastes like snacktime! Chocolate pretzels and salty peanuts, rich, thick and delicious. Amazing flavor that I'd call groundbreaking; after hundreds of beers reviewed, nothing was even remotely similar to this.

Kinda thin feeling, but not weak.

One of the most interesting beers I've had this year. Basically read the description. If you think you might like it, you will. If you think you won't, you probably won't.

SNACK ATTACK! from Cigar City Brewing