Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Tocobaga Red Ale - White Oak Aged | Cigar City Brewing

4.07/5
Exceptional

Cigar City Brewing
Florida, United States
cigarcitybrewing.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by macrosmatic on 07-28-2012

4.29/5  rDev +5.4%

Reviewed from notes. Had on-tap at CCB tasting room. Poured into a pint glass.

A: Pours an amber to red in color with a nice off-white head that has good retention. Some visible carbonation.

S: Smells of oak/woodiness, pine hops, a little earthy, spicy, background of sweet malt. This is a nice aroma.

T: Taste oak, caramel, flowery hops, and a bit of citrus and leather. Bitter and a little tart finish. There is a flavor impression here that reminds me of something but I can't quite place it...I think something chewy.

M: Medium mouthfeel, good carbonation. The alcohol is noticeable but barely.

O: This is my favorite Tocobaga yet! I prefer it to the Humidor variant even, which is unusual for me. Excellent beer.

Tocobaga Red Ale - White Oak Aged from Cigar City Brewing