Dos Anos Berliner Weisse | Cigar City Brewing

3.5/5  rDev -11.8%

3.75/5  rDev -5.5%

4.5/5  rDev +13.4%

3.44/5  rDev -13.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

On tap at the berwery. I see it is listed separately here from the Kumquat version, so I assume two different beers. I have had one listed as Kumquat near home, and this one listed just as Dos Anos at the brewery. Both tasted pretty similar, though I felt the fruit sweetness from the kumquat version was more pleasant.

Poured cloudy yellow with a tiny bit of head. Aroma of sour citrus, a bit of wheat. The flavor is a bit muddled with sour and wheat, finishes a bit dirty in this vein. It is light and airy and I guess true to the style, just not a style I have enjoyed yet. There is a lingering wheat on the palate and definite dryness. High carbonation. Meh, fine for the style I guess.

4.5/5  rDev +13.4%