Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Papsø’s Passion Fruit Porter With Chocolate, Vanilla And Almonds | Cigar City Brewing

3.79/5
Very Good

Cigar City Brewing
Florida, United States
cigarcitybrewing.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by macrosmatic on 05-26-2013

Reviews by macrosmatic:
3.86/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Reviewed from notes. Had out of a firkin at the CCB tasting room. Served in a snifter glass.

A: Really dark brown. I think it's pretty clear, but hard to tell as it's so dark. Forms very thin head of tan foam, no visible carbonation.

S: Sweet malts and sweet fruits, cacao, vanilla, and nutty. I don't think I could have come up with almonds in particular though.

T: Follows the nose, but has more sweet fruitiness, vanilla and nuts, and less cacao than I expected from the aroma.

M: Thin body, low carbonation sensation, low alcohol presence.

O: Well, I think it was a slight improvement on the base, but not by a whole lot. The additions managed to play fairly nicely with tropical fruit, but still falls short of something I'd seek out.

3.5/5  rDev -7.7%

Papsø’s Passion Fruit Porter With Chocolate, Vanilla And Almonds from Cigar City Brewing