Delirium Tremens | Brouwerij Huyghe

Delirium TremensDelirium Tremens

Brouwerij Huyghe
delirium.be

Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale

Colour and sight: pale blond, the fine and regular effervesce ensures a fine and stable head.
Scent: Slightly malty, a nice touch of alcohol, spicy.
Flavour: Feels like the sound shot of alcohol is igniting the mouth. In reality the tongue and palate are warmed. The taste is characterized by its roundness. The aftertaste is strong, long-lasting and dry bitter.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-02-2001

View: Beers
Ratings: 5,938 |  Reviews: 1,737

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

everyone I know hypes this beer to be the best beer ever, tried it, didn't see the appeal, the taste is sort of like a watered down coke, and not much body.

1.29/5  rDev -68.8%

Absolutely garbage brew, don't know how they've convinced plebs that this is actually decent.

Tastes like someone's old filthy underwear that's been baked under the Arizona sun for a week. Looks like Bud light and honestly I would prefer a macrobrew over this filth.

Save your money for something better. Much better brews out there.

1.3/5  rDev -68.5%

Just disgusting.

It tastes like rubber..

Very simillar to Goudale but even stronger (in the same bad way). I really like sweet beers but those ones. I think it's awfull.

The apparence is weak and the carbonnation is decent.

I didn't succeed to drink 1/3 of the bottle.

Even if this bottle is beautiful, the content is not that amazing.

1.48/5  rDev -64.2%

1.52/5  rDev -63.2%

1.7/5  rDev -58.8%

For the price, definitely not worth it. It tastes like nail polish smells. La Guillotine is definitely the better beer from this brewery.

1.72/5  rDev -58.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

L: bottle looks awesome and that’s where it ends. Looks like champagne or apple cider.
S: almost no aroma aside from bitter apple and wet dog hair. AKA Bud Light
T: So boring and lack luster. Maybe it’s not my fav style but I drink Duvel a lot and this is terrible in comparison.
F: too much carbonation and yet all the taste is on the back of the palate and is bitter and fainted yet also somehow heavy and nauseating.
O: Couldn’t even finish an 11.2 oz bottle. Only gave it over a 1.0 because of the fact that the bottle looks awesome. Save your money and buy something smoother like Duvel or try my fav category... NEIPA. Overall score 1.75/5

1.75/5  rDev -57.6%

1.79/5  rDev -56.7%

Got this one from Ludachris from his trip to Nova Scotia. I double checked the label, and it's not due to go bad until Nov 2011, because I'm not going to lie this beer is getting slammed from this experience.

Appearance: Well, this beer has head that both laces and retains like crazy. This of course must lead to why I'm giving it such a low score. The amount of sediment and particles in this beer is outright revolting. The are dark brown particles in the head, and there are pieces; yes pieces of what looks to be dissolved bread in the beer itself. It's so bad, it's hard to even notice the out of control carbonation. Seriously, this would be a 1, if the head wasn't so impressive and even then, I'm half tempted to anyways. If the bottle itself wasn't wrapped in foil, I'd suspect some form of product tampering.

Smell: It does smell somewhat fruity, with a mainly sour apple scent to it and a dusting of hops and a bit of an acidic odor. It's ok I guess, and it's pretty strong but it just doesn't quite sit right.

Taste: Awful stuff, it tastes like bad champagne, made with barely and apples instead of grapes. No hop presence, no transition of flavors and you can definitely tell it has a LOT of alcohol content. I'm being generous on this one though, because I'm assuming something went wrong when they made this.

Mouthfeel: Way too much carbonation, way too much of an acidic presence. The head tastes sandy and the body has the consistency of drinking watered down oatmeal, with all the sediment floating in it. No redeeming qualities here, whatsoever.

Drinkability: You know what, my brain knows better then to drink this past the 1/8 mark, which was pushing it as is. I'm half tempted to strain it though a coffee filter. Revolting to the taste and seems to be souring in my stomach. This is the fastest I have ever drain poured a beer.

Final Thoughts: One time when I was younger, I left a bowl of corn pops at the table during the day, and didn't get back to it until some eight hours later. Needless to say, my parents were less then impressed, but the remains of those over saturated corn pops are what the particles in this beer remind me of, only that they are a bit smaller.

I truly do hope that this was a bad bottle, because this was seriously a joke. Ludachris, if you are reading this, I'm going to take a picture of the beer, just to show you what I mean. I've never had a beer, so highly rated on BA perform so poorly.

1.8/5  rDev -56.4%

It was painful to drink in my opinion

Delirium Tremens from Brouwerij Huyghe